• Show
Clear All

Help me pick a rom please

spec
    Cpu arm cortex-a53 gpu mali-t820mp3 amlogic s912
    rom 16 g
    Ram 2g ddr3
    Wifi 2.4/5 Ghz

can anyone suggest any rom for me. Now i'm using Poison4.3 in this rom it shown model T95ZPLUS.

Hi ,

and what says the Sticker on the PCB , there are several Roms for S912 ,

important it supports your Wifichip too , god luck / gefattern

Comment

Try Minixfreak_OS is the evolution of the Poison Rom, I believe it so should work with your device, I know if you have a real or clone T95Z_Plus that those devices can be prickly on what it will actually let you flash to it.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post
        Try Minixfreak_OS is the evolution of the Poison Rom, I believe it so should work with your device, I know if you have a real or clone T95Z_Plus that those devices can be prickly on what it will actually let you flash to it.

Good luck.
        Thank you for your answer. One more question on my device that using poison rom my ir remote is not working. How can i fix it. Thank you alot.

Comment

Originally posted by superken14 View Post
          Thank you for your answer. One more question on my device that using poison rom my ir remote is not working. How can i fix it. Thank you alot.
          Usually with Nougat or older firmwares, you just need to replace the keylayout or keycharts files found in ' /system/usr/ ' But sometimes the binary ' /system/bin/ ' got changed, exampleremote.cfg got changed to remote.conf or vice versa, and then you have to change that as well. If you have the stock firmware you can unpack the firmware and extract the remote files then load them into your device manually. Also want to check stock ' /system/etc/ ' for any further remote' files and copy and replace those files as well.

Comment

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post

Usually with Nougat or older firmwares, you just need to replace the keylayout or keycharts files found in ' /system/usr/ ' But sometimes the binary ' /system/bin/ ' got changed, exampleremote.cfg got changed to remote.conf or vice versa, and then you have to change that as well. If you have the stock firmware you can unpack the firmware and extract the remote files then load them into your device manually. Also want to check stock ' /system/etc/ ' for any further remote' files and copy and replace those files as well.
            To access "/system/usr/" do i have to root? I use ezfilemanager app it can't modified "remote" files the app don't let me copy it out or paste it in.

Comment

Originally posted by superken14 View Post
              To access "/system/usr/" do i have to root? I use ezfilemanager app it can't modified "remote" files the app don't let me copy it out or paste it in.
              Yes, you must have Root access to modify the System partition.

I wasn't clear on last post, you need the original firmware, and on pc you unpack (extract system.img) so you can look around remove the remote files. If you happen to have a second device that is still stock firmware and exactly the same as the device with Poison ROM installed; then you can use a ROOT Explorer/FileManager to copy and paste the files to an SDcard then transfer SDcard to new firmware device and copy/paste files to appropriate locations. NOTE: also make sure to reset the file permissions of whatever you transfer, usually the default in /system is "RW-R--R--" (chmod 644).

Comment

Working...
              X