Rom: Android Pie for S912

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kamengc View Post
    I really prefer 64bit version but is there any robust option for h96+? THanks.
    Try all the versions in the first post of this thread, decide for yourself which one best suits your needs; I personally like the ATV by hungphutho which works perfectly on my H96 Pro+(S912) and Superceleron Android 9 ROM's AOSP and ATV both operate better than any stock ROM that ships with the TVbox originally.

Comment

Originally posted by hungphutho View Post

Please test my version aml_upgrade_package_s912-pie-ddr792-3G-1000-H96ProPlus-beta3.img fix only 2G memory , fix keeps randomly freezing and restarting
      Dear friend, thank you for the img. Tested on my alfawise H96 pro+ 3G/32 model and worked very good. Unfortunatly I have some iptv apks that requires unrooted device to run.
      Will you please give us some instructions how to unroot the device?

Any help that can be given is welcome.

Keep up the good work !!!

For your information: Simply Unroot 9.1.0 full apk worked fine, but test keys used in these rom some apps like iptv detect it as rooted device.
      Hope rom developer will be able to fix it.
      Last edited by sohoceasars; 09-26-2020, 19:22.

Comment

Right! I already tested a lot of S912 PIE builds but only hungphutho's H96ProPlus-beta3.img is supported DDR4 3G ram for my H96Pro+ so far. However, I modded a OTA update zip from Slimbox AOSP 6.1 patch for upgrading this build that is still shown 3G ram and added the Nav/Status bar with other function originally from Slimbox but no TWRP is compatible. It was suprised me that the performance is almost the same as my S905x3 box in terms of games and 4k videos which I tested for more than a month. The initial score from AnTuTu is 70743.

Comment

Since I am using Box6D Khadas 9.0 Arm v8a I found a sd card bootable Twrp by Vim. TWRP_322_For_912_A9.0.zip, and it works flawlessly.

I recommend using it, over the one posted in the earlier replies. The only draw back, is it does not safe any settings, and must have an micro SD card installed in the slot. I like the option of a full stock recovery and twrp when you need it.

Slowly getting around to working out the bugs. Mostly, I did not save any important files from stock 64bit firmwares. Will get around to those files. Just enjoying trouble free use with my box, more than tweaking.

Unlike others here, I have only one box.

Since the firmware I have chosen is mostly base, customizing the build.prop is a requirement, for better compatibilit

Comment

Originally posted by ppoon View Post
            Right! I already tested a lot of S912 PIE builds but only hungphutho's H96ProPlus-beta3.img is supported DDR4 3G ram for my H96Pro+ so far. However, I modded a OTA update zip from Slimbox AOSP 6.1 patch for upgrading this build that is still shown 3G ram and added the Nav/Status bar with other function originally from Slimbox but no TWRP is compatible. It was suprised me that the performance is almost the same as my S905x3 box in terms of games and 4k videos which I tested for more than a month. The initial score from AnTuTu is 70743.
            Hi ppoon is this version 64 bit? I tried the OTA only 96+ but box restarts right after click the confirm and cannot proceed with upgrading. thanks
            Last edited by Kamengc; 09-19-2020, 19:23.

Comment

Hi ppoon is this version 64 bit? I tried the OTA only 96+ but box restarts right after click the confirm and cannot proceed with upgrading. thanks
              Should be 32 bit version. You may try updating the zip in recovery mode that I have no problem to did it from both ways. I tried many patches and only Slimbox AOSP ver. 6.1 can be upgraded because it is just for system update. Also you need to unpack and modifiy the setup details (with buildprop) before updating, if not it would be suck on the setup screen.

Comment

using usb burning tool and succeeded in hungphutho's build, thank you guys!
                Last edited by Kamengc; 09-21-2020, 02:05.

Comment

something messed up when I use sd card burner to upgrade with hungphutho's img, after updating step box restart but stuck at splash scene during boot forever and I cannot reboot to recovery mode by pressing the reset anymore!! Please help I'm desperate now!!! Thanks!!!!
                  Not really sure what your problem is? What is you board version? V3 (DDR4) 3G/32G board? Thought you did not modify the 6.1 patch before upgrading?? even if the slimbox wallpaper is frozen on the screen during the upgrade process but you should still find the Power button on Nav-bar to restart recovery mode. I have no idea on your situation. If you can restart the system, you may find your way to fix the wallpaper problem after getting the "root" permission on Droid setting. Or, you can install a new AOSP / ATV launcher to switch the sceen as well. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by ppoon View Post
                    Not really sure what your problem is? What is you board version? V3 (DDR4) 3G/32G board? Thought you did not modify the 6.1 patch before upgrading?? even if the slimbox wallpaper is frozen on the screen during the upgrade process but you should still find the Power button on Nav-bar to restart recovery mode. I have no idea on your situation. If you can restart the system, you may find your way to fix the wallpaper problem after getting the "root" permission on Droid setting. Or, you can install a new AOSP / ATV launcher to switch the sceen as well. Good luck!
                    Hi ppoon thanks for your reply I have succeed the upgrade.
                    Last edited by Kamengc; 09-22-2020, 06:40.

Comment

Hmm...could it be that you need Highwaystar's or Bumerc's DDR4 Bootloader?

Comment

Hi ppoon thanks for your reply I have succeed the upgrade but I don't understand the language is there a way to make it english?
                        It should be the same process as hungphutho's build. Swipe down the status bar and click the Settings icon then process the language selection.

I just figured out a simple way to resolve frozen screen issue. Download a patch of AOSP2ATV_vtx.zip from this link https://yadi.sk/d/sdAS2Rz6A47Jgw then update it again. (Don’t press and hold the reset button to restart system or recovery mode).

Comment

I had time over the weekend to finally successfully unzip the modded Highwaystar v8a pie and apply it.

Outside of screen flicker with mouse, there is an odd mix of both stock recovery and and old version of twrp. Which is buggy, and I will end up replacing the recovery with a perfect stock recovery backup from highwaystar's original build. I will continue to load twrp 3.2.2 via sd card when needed.

Unknown to others using various builds... STV Player and 9Now functions and plays back properly. Three Now still detects box as rooted, and stops loading after detection. Looking deeper into my custom configurations, as to why 7Plus fails to playback once streaming is initiated.

Peacock still unable to load, could be my customizations. I assume until 7Plus playback functions or Peacock is able to load, both issues may be related to one bug or my customizations.

Seems like all builds need the display size set to 240, since 280 is too big for older displays and allows tvlauncher to fill in icons proper for the tv apps buttons.

Comment

Just updating with good news... applying a pure stock recovery from Highwaystar's v8a base to the modded version for h96 pro plus works like a champ. Oddly some of the screen flicker issue with mouse is subsided. Though I ran unsu to clear away su for a pure Magisk install. It's about half as annoying as before my clean up. I figure the flicker issue could be partly to do with higher level coding. Since the Vim release of TWRP 3.2.2 works fine as an sd card installer package, you could flash the newer twrp recovery.img using the amiflash.apk tool. I like having Magisk flash packages live, instead of doing it through recovery.

Comment

Originally posted by ReaperMan View Post
                              Hmm...could it be that you need Highwaystar's or Bumerc's DDR4 Bootloader?
                              If you need 3G ram can be recognized/supported in system or CoreELEC in TF-card for H96Pro+(DDR4-3G/32G) that is no DDR4 bootloader in this topic can be done except hungphutho's beta 3 build for the time being. Correct me if I am wrong.

Comment

I managed to run the build but found 4k 60Hz Youtube HDR content cannot be played smoothly with hungphutho's build, any suggestions on that? Fast forward seems very laggy also.
                                Last edited by Kamengc; 09-22-2020, 21:31.

Comment

Working...
                                X