No announcement yet.

Rom: Android Pie for S912

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not being a developer, I did some tests with disabling various aspects hardware / gpu with SurfaceFlinger through build.prop and boot script options. Seems like the issue is an unresolved v8a SurfaceFlinger implementation on the s912. It may also effect Peacock and 7plus, when playback screens. Oddly enough Peacock does have a unique opening screen graphics implementation with SurfaceFlinger. I can only hope for a patch, or work on transferring the service from the 07/11 build, as this h96 pro plus mod firmware was made earlier on 07/07, thus the mouse flicker issue. Though it does not correct the issues with the streaming apps having issues. The Vietnamese v7a build even had issues with apps, even though it seemed perfectly done.

Comment

tried both 32bit and 64bit version on H96 pro+ and they both laggy at Youtube 4k 60fps HDR video, so maybe ATV9 issue...
      Last edited by Kamengc; 09-26-2020, 05:06.

Comment

Originally posted by ppromo47 View Post
        bumerc there is a fix provided by HighwayStar for screen flicker : Flicker when using the cursor seems to be removed by the parameter HWC_DISABLE_CURSOR_PLANE: = true
        would it be possible to roll out a fix, is there a way to have smaller updates, instead of full IMG.
        I did some testing to find where parameter was set. Dug further, and noticed he stated he removed some code as well as setting HWC_DISABLE_CURSOR_PLANE: = true. I did a dirty restore of the 07/11 fixed flicker build, over the h96 pro plus mod build on 07/07. No change to resolve flicker, with using just a system recovery. I assume, the fix done in the kernel. I think I backed up the kernel in the 07/11 build. So I may test further with restoring that newer kernel over the h96 pro plus build, to see how it does. If it works, I can post the twrp 3.2.2 backed up kernel for flashing in TWRP. Just you will need to create a folder within your twrp backups folder for selecting it for restoration.

Comment

I am not 100% sure about mouse cursor screen flicker, but I did flash kernel from the 07/11 v8a build, on the 07/07 v8a build for h96 pro plus.

Each time I flashed, starting with stock recovery for v8a, and lastly newer Kernel from 07/11 v8a, less flickering occurs. Not completely removed, but I never fully tested screen flicker with all my apps, with the 07/11 build. Just a few apps that have slight flickering. At one time, the flickering was very noticable when I first ran the firmware after initial boot up. So there is a benifit, just be aware it's not a total fix on correcting screen flicker with air mouse.

As for any issues with newer kernel with wifi, bluetooth, remote, and LAN, nothing effected. Though there is one thing I do like that is noticable. It effects the recent android tv launcher update, will make images larger for channel what's playing, also removes the recommended programmes preview on the top. Will check Google apps, like play store and live channels for formatting changes. Haven't done that, as of yet, busy watching programmes.

I plan on keeping the newer kernel and stock recovery from BOX6D v8a 07/11 firmware, as it seems to make changes I like, rather than effecting the operation in a bad way.

Comment

Hi, was wondering if anyone could shed a bit of light on a problem im having, I am using a T95U Pro it has 2gb ddr3, i have tried a few pie roms including SuperCelerons and Davietpda plus slimbox and a couple of russian ones and i have the same problem whereas the box freezes then restarts itsef.

This has happened with every pie rom i have tried, anyone have any suggestions.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by force9da View Post
              Hi, was wondering if anyone could shed a bit of light on a problem im having, I am using a T95U Pro it has 2gb ddr3, i have tried a few pie roms including SuperCelerons and Davietpda plus slimbox and a couple of russian ones and i have the same problem whereas the box freezes then restarts itsef.

This has happened with every pie rom i have tried, anyone have any suggestions.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
              Setting the box to always on and disable CEC, and set power button to shutdown. I set the screen saver tof 12 hrs, even though it's not on that long.

I will post my findings with my tests to explain what's going on.

Comment

After a few reboots and power disconnects for resets, the new updated atv launcher 8s back to normal. I do recall that with the 07/11 build it had a wonky screen resolution that effected play store. I corrected it by changing from 280 to 240. I assume the kernel swap tried to mess with dpi, and now is proper with a power disconnect reset.

Still testing away with my swapping of kernels. On all v8a 9.0 firmwares. HDMI CEC is wonky on my 2008 Samsung DLP, with pie firmwares.

I have reset my old settings to have Anynet+ active with auto shutdown disabled, which i had enabled with Superceleron v8a 7.1.2 ATV just fine. TV ANYNET auto shutdown was sending a reboot command once tv powered off (box was interpreting the shutdown as reboot). Would go into a loop of reboots every time the box would go to standby when not in use. Also I had to set power key to shutdown, instead of suspend. Set leds to always on. HDMI CEC settings are set to CEC enabled, auto power on disabled, auto shutdown enabled. Also I set HDMI active in build.prop so my tv will keep the box as anylink+ connection from scanning at every disconnect state.

I have been able to turn the tv off with IR command and box goes into timer mode for screen saver, and enables screen saver after set time. Touching the home or return key, will have the box send CEC command to powere on TV. Able to turn on box with IR command, and have tv turn on once box is booted up. As before waking would cause reboots. I can manage with one ir command for tv, and do daily or weekly manual reboot, without need to use two remotes or programming two IR commands on one key. My old Logitech remote can use hardware ir command with programmed ir command on one key, so programming a fly mouse to mirror the command should be easy to do. Problem is syncing, or using the two commands without causing box to keep tv active. Though cec will probably need to be disabled.

From my testing, if I set auto power on as active on the box, it will allow the tv to power back on while box is active, when tv shuts down. Since that works, I think the trouble is all with commands being sent with shutdown, that are improper in the remote data. I may be able to obtain CEC data from an AVS forum, since this old rp dlp was top of the line and well accepted for tweaks at the time. If so, I may try to correct the remote data to accept older Samsung CEC commands.

Comment

After more digging... cec is fine with h96 pro plus mod build. It's all with power manager or suspend config. Suspend is broken on wake. I set virtual battery level to 100, to see if battery is buggering the power manager, since many have had issues with wake from suspend with Linux. Just no direct fix with manual patching from end users.

so, that is the only thing that needs sorted on my end. The screen flicker with mouse is minimal now. The newer kernel does not seem to be an issue with keeping it.

Comment

Have Tanix 3/32 LPDDR anyone flashed to this box?

Comment

Ok, I have done more digging. I am certain the screen flicker with air mouse is from kernel and boot loader with an old twrp recovery. I refreshed BOX6D and ran TWRP 3.2.2 recovery to restore h96 pro mod system over the BOXD6, without any change to how BOXD6 functions. During my tests I had to wipe my twrp backups with h96 pro plus mod for storage space.

So later on, I will flash h96 pro plus mod and backup its boot.img, since the kernel is key to making some apps function. By flashing BOX6D, it will remove the wonky bootloader and old twrp combo, so restoring the h96 pro plus mod kernel, after flashing BOXD6 once more, will fix some of the minor issues, but I have no guarantee with resolving flicker issues with mouse. H96 pro plus mod as far as I am concerned is partially hosed by the bootloader / twrp combo.

Comment

Ok, android 9.0 has stumped me on finding any config or partition that can be used to make the h96 pro plus be flicker free with air mouse. I have twrp backed up every thing from the h96 pro plus mod and restored sections manually to see if it effects the BOX6D build. No good, if the files needed are anywhere, they may be in the reserved partition. Flashing it removes data on a build not specific to where it came from. Both builds seem to have that difference. The problem is see is that partition may remove bluetooth and cec operation. So trying to fix one only to break others, is not much gain in that.

any way, I give up on any further finds to manually patchave with, outside of replacing bootloader, boot, env and recovery from the BOX6D build, to remove the funky stock recovery A / twrp B partition. Even if you flash a recovery, time to time you get twrp 3.2.1 or stock, which does effect the system boot and some of the screen flicker.

Another point is, the air mouse screen flicker fix breaks 3 streaming apps that I use (two are phone apps and another is ATV). I will leave at at that, as I can live with a wee bit of flicker at times.

Comment

V8a H96 pro plus fixes

Ok I finally made headway with wake from standby, rebooting. Also it allows power off as well. As for minor issues screen flicker, I can live with it, since only a few apps are affected.

Also I fixed the dual recovery issue that causes boot, and recovery slowness and also has intermittent issues with using recovery.

I will post a thread on the H96 pro plus mod based on Highwaystar's build. It is mostly on a proper flash, and procedures before magisk is installed.

You must erase data, install unsume, and install the remove enforce encryption tool before installing magisk.

To allow better recovery from standby, you must replace or edit the prop file in /vendor.

All the above procedures were missed by my laziness with past firmware installs. Pie is weird with nested system files.

The issue is memory allocation for the system. If there is not enough memory set for system, wake from standby goes bonkers and reboots. As for removing force encryption, I think some of the IR / HDMI CEC stuff has issues with encryption.

the only way to correct the wonky A/B recovery scheme is to flash a backup of boot, recovery, and bootloader from BOX6D firmware. Use twrp 3.2.2.zip on micro SD card from stock recovery.

right now I have been testing with my mods on the corrected functionality. Seems that leds options are not enabled. They seem to have no effect with the box led function.

Oh, before I forget, you must disable always stay on in Developer Options, set a screen saver, set for the minutes for activity (default may hose the standby schema), and set how long before sleep.

my cec setup is on, with auto off and auto on enabled. Tv is with cec auto off enabled. If you enable hdmi always on, tv will always be active on the hdmi port the box is connected to. Also tv will power back on even if box is off, and you use remote to power off tv. I suggest leaving the property value alone.

Comment

Currently **flashed on H96 Pro+ 3/32 CZ v5(6?):

** Port_SLIMBOX-ATV-TANIX-TX9S-v8.3.2_to_Z69 + (LPDDR3) 500+ MB
                            Modded by: lyubodelev

https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?show...882984&st=7660

** Slimbox ATV to AOSP patch 191 MB

Runs very well.
                            1. Install ATV and change settings as desired.
                            2. Install AOSP patch from TWRP
                            3. Reboot...After loading...reboot again (suggested from other user)
                            4. Return to settings to re-enable some preferences.
                            5. Good idea to make a TWRP back-up of your new Android Pie system on SD card

A few tweaks needed...
                            Screen DPI needs to be changed (240-216...Can't remember)
                            Keyboard files .KL(May/may not be needed)
                            Download Regular Youtube
                            Live wallpapers work (Daily Bing)
                            Have not tried Ethernet (Unable currently)

Port_SLIMBOX-ATV-TANIX-TX9S-v8.3.2_to_Z69 + (LPDDR3)

https://mega.nz/file/FZgwVaSQ#GK3wQy...bsZx1ffo_dLuas

ATV to AOSP Patch:
                            Last edited by ReaperMan; 09-30-2020, 21:46.

Comment

Originally posted by ppromo47 View Post
                              Tested on TX92 3/32 GB box, it works.
                              I own a TX92 3/32 LDDR as well. What is you exerience? It is running well?

Comment

I found that you do not need to replace boot, and bootloader to correct the h96 pro plus mod v8a version.

After a few issues with magisk, and sleep mode. I was noticing you must restore recovery from BOX6D a few times until...

1) Stock recovery is fully stable and holds, along with a proper load speed for sd card TWRP 3.2.2 load. (meaning old recovery does not get fully written over with the replacement, since it effects twrp 3.2.2 in finding partions)

2) Magisk root fully integrates to allow all methods of writing to root from proper root apps. ( meaning quick edit and similar apps will actually write to system files and folders)

3) Magisk manager loads with out any force closing in all menus. (Noticable when launched soon after reboot)

4) System boot up speed is stable (no noticable variances when rebooting or from cold starts)

Note, stock recovery will take three reboot attempts from boot screen before recovery is loaded. This is normal, but once the system is loaded, any app that has a boot to recovery option, will boot directly to recovery soon after boot screen.

My suggestions to run unsume.zip and remove forced encryption.zip from recovery before erasing data and installing magisk from recovery will help with making sure root features function as intended.

This all takes a bit of time to verify once the h96 pro plus modified twrp 3.2.1 is replaced with stock recovery from the BOX6D stock recovery. No need to restore any other system backup to allow a the recovery restore to stick. Just have to fight with it by restoring a few times after box has been unplugged, booted and messed around with in SD card loaded twrp recovery. Hard to explain what will happen between first restore of recovery and the last, in order to get recovery to stick, but you will know by how things go, on when to restore one more time. I noticed you may need to install magisk from the manager after need to restore recovery, as sometimes recovery is effected by the old twrp 3.2.1 having code run in background. Rebooting to recovery by use of sdcard twrp recovery will clear the code out, and allow proper restore, or installation of magisk installer.zip. Until the old twrp/stock recovery combo is removed completely, by brute force, you should not see any issues with using stock recovery and sd card twrp 3.2.2.

After fighting with cec with older tv, I disabled cec completely and have not had any issues with powering on/off, and sleep/wake from use. CEC from old seems to be the problem with reboots on wake. Remote wake up seems to work fine for now. Just very odd that wake requires a second button press, even though tv detects hdmi souce active, once woke.

I assume it may be CEC timing with HDMI wake/init handshake, as if a partial or corrupted code is sent during handshake.

Testing further on, as to make sure there is nothing else missed, as some things may pop up after time.

Comment

Working...
                                X