Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] "Generic" SC ATV v1.0 USER/USERDEBUG - S912 Android 9 - Multi-Wifi BCMBT/QCABT

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ROM] "Generic" SC ATV v1.0 USER/USERDEBUG - S912 Android 9 - Multi-Wifi BCMBT/QCABT

DISCLAIMER: MY ROMs(WORK) CAN NOT BUT USED FOR ANY COMMERCIAL PROJECTS WITHOUT MY CONSENT.

Well not much to say... it will be my 1º and last rom, i won't be updating this roms again.
    The ones with a 100mbits eth only, plz flash the "100mbits-ETH-FIX-Flashable.zip", that is inside the folder "100MBITS-ETH-FIX-FLASHABLE-ZIP".

Differences of USER and USERDEBUG builds:

User Build: This build is done to be as close to a company rls as possible, it does not have root or twrp and is compiled with rls keys and SELINUX enforced, what this means for you?
    Well it means lot more apps show in Playstore that didn't show before, (EX: my isp androidtv live tv app, only shows in Playstore non rooted and SELINUX enforced devices, also the streams in the app does not even play in rooted devices.). Like this there's lots of other ISP/NON ISP apps Out there....

UserDebug Build: This build does have root, selinux is permissive and some other stuff you will see in changelog down there.., but of course you will lose the above...

CHOOSE YOUR VENNON........

Changelog v1.0:
    • Build from latest AML Pie SDK
    • Reboot to TWRP or Switch OS ( Only on UserDebug build )
    • Bla bla bla...
    • Bla bla bla bla...
    • Bla bla bla bla bla...
    • etc.... and many other stuff...

Bugs:
    • Of course there is bugs!! there always be bugs!!

Want to buy me a beer?

Download:

Install instructions:
    • Use usb burning tool 2.2.0 to burn the IMG.

THIS ROM DELETES ALL YOUR DATA SO DO A BACKUP!

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Enjoy it!
    Last edited by superceleron; 02-12-2024, 11:47.

• H96 Pro, 1/2/3gb DDR3 - issues none (well maybe IR remote)
    • H96 Pro, 1/2/3gb LPDDR3 (use LPDDR3 Uboot) - issues none (well maybe IR remote)
    • Beelink GT1, DDR3 - issues none (well maybe IR remote)
    • Mecool M8S Pro L, LPDDR3 (use LPDDR3 Uboot and then flash the 100mbits eth zip fix) - issues you will lose L1 but you can't use it for anything anyway and IR remote.
    • Tanix S912 (cant remember the version) 2/4gb DDR4 - issues none (well maybe remote)
    • Minix Neo U9-H, DDR3 - issues, you will lose the full size usb ports, small mini usb port still works as a normal usb and IR remote.
    This is the boxes i tried.
    Last edited by superceleron; 08-05-2020, 15:55.

Comment

Just to clarify BCMBT is broadcom chipset while QCABT is qualcomm like the QCA9377 right?

For anyone with a h96 pro+ who wants to try it: the remote will not work as intended, it needs a remapping, the mouse can't click any button on the keyboard to input the wifi password so you can't complete the setup process, also because there aren't any skip button and the "complete the setup with a phone" it just crashes right away.
      I just learned how to extract the image and i will try to figure a way on how to fix this stuff and post an image for the h96 pro+.

Thanks again superceleron for your work.
      Last edited by Massimo1993; 07-21-2020, 08:48.

Comment

Originally posted by Massimo1993 View Post
        Just to clarify BCMBT is broadcom chipset while QCABT is qualcomm like the QCA9377 right?

For anyone with a h96 pro+ who wants to try it: the remote will not work as intended, it needs a remapping, the mouse can't click any button on the keyboard to input the wifi password so you can't complete the setup process, also because there aren't any skip button and the "complete the setup with a phone" it just crashes right away.
        I just learned how to extract the image and i will try to figure a way on how to fix this stuff and post an image for the h96 pro+.

Thanks again superceleron for your work.
        Yes you right on the BT chips, include also AP chips on BCMBT.
        In AndroidTV keyboard you cant use the mouse, it was done to be used only with a remote directional key.
        And yes "complete setup with phone" is broken since it was made for certified devices that is why it does not work.
        As i told you guys in the other topic, i do not care about IR remotes, there are to many to support and i cant support all, so i only supported RF remotes.
        Btw you can use CEC to control the box with the TV remote, just enable it in your TV.

Comment

Originally posted by superceleron View Post
          As i told you guys in the other topic, i do not care about IR remotes, there are to many to support and i cant support all, so i only supported RF remotes.
          Yes i didn't ask for it but i will try to fix it myself by importing some config file from other firmware like the one made by DaivietPDA, just need to learn how to do it.
          I think it will be a long journey lol.

PS:too bad my tv doesn't have CEC, it's an old 1080p panasonic lcd

Comment

Thank you very much for this

My box is TX92 3/32 LPRAM and it works
            Bugs :
            • Initial setup using phone fails, it goes back to start
            • Userdebug doesnt have TWRP, i had to install it,
            • Reboot recovery command in terminal doesnt boot to recovery, I have to use reset pin every time
            • Magisk I was able to install via recovery, but I lost root access when I rebooted, magisk apps is not able to detect patch
            • Android remote on my phone works with WIFI but doesn't work with Bluetooth, it use to work with ROM released by HighwayStar (Bluetooth (QCABT) works I was able to pair it with my phone)

Comment

Originally posted by ppromo47 View Post
              Thank you very much for this

My box is TX92 3/32 LPRAM and it works
              Bugs :
              • Initial setup using phone fails, it goes back to start
              • Userdebug doesnt have TWRP, i had to install it,
              • Reboot recovery command in terminal doesnt boot to recovery, I have to use reset pin every time
              • Magisk I was able to install via recovery, but I lost root access when I rebooted, magisk apps is not able to detect patch
              • Android remote on my phone works with WIFI but doesn't work with Bluetooth, it use to work with ROM released by HighwayStar (Bluetooth (QCABT) works I was able to pair it with my phone)
              1- i know and its not fixable, so just ignore it.
              2- i have stop adding twrp to my roms.
              3- are you using USER build?
              4- i do not use magisk or care about it.
              5- weird works just fine with my BT remotes, both on QCABT and BCMBT boxes.

Anyway i posted inside the download folder the flashable zip for the 100mbits eth boxes, just use recovery or use the update app inside the booted rom.

Comment

Ha wait you trying to pair in the 1º screen? ye... it wont pair since i have bt disabled by default, you need to enable it 1º in settings, i forgot to enable it...
                I do like to set it off by default to my personal roms, and i forgot to enable it to the public ones lol :P

Comment

Btw if anyone downloaded this one "SC-S912_Android_Pie_UserDebug_QCABT_v1.0-20200720-DDR3&DDR4.7z" plz redownload again since it have some issues with video playback.
                  The new filename is "SC-S912_Android_Pie_UserDebug_QCABT_v1.0-20200720-DDR3&DDR4-FIX.7z".

Comment

Please give us a working twrp for your firmware

Comment

Originally posted by Spider1973 View Post
                      sorry but im not going to, if anyone else wants to do it be my guest i will put it in the download folder, and give the proper credits in the 1º post.
                      But im not going to lose my time with it.

Comment

Check ppromo47 post83
                        slimBOXtv 15.1 Changes: • Added support for Bromite SystemWebView (download from the project website) • The AOSP keyboard startup icon is hidden • Replaced Setup Wizard (ATV) • Fixed issue with logging in to Google account • Updated WebView and Google Play service • Added additional Bluetooth settings with the display of the

it works.

Comment

TWRP ppromo47 post83-does not work

I:Actual block device: '', current file system: 'auto'
                          ...done
                          I:Backup Name is: '2020-07-22--06-03-38'
                          I:Backup_Folder is: '/usb-otg/TWRP/BACKUPS/q201/2020-07-22--06-03-38'
                          I:Calculating backup details...
                          * Total number of partitions to back up: 1
                          * Total size of all data: 2604MB
                          * Available space: 54517MB
                          [BACKUP STARTED]
                          * Backup Folder: /usb-otg/TWRP/BACKUPS/q201/2020-07-22--06-03-38
                          Backing up Data (excl. storage)...
                          Backups of Data do not include any files in internal storage such as pictures or downloads.
                          Breaking backup file into multiple archives...
                          I:Creating backup...
                          I:Creating tar file '/usb-otg/TWRP/BACKUPS/q201/2020-07-22--06-03-38/data.ext4.win000'
                          I:addFile '/data/property' including root: 1
                          ==> set selinux context: ubject_rroperty_data_file:s0
                          I:addFile '/data/property/41ii3P7Bb2tOEB30ykWur+VABDu,eRvw' including root: 1
                          I:Error adding file '/data/property/41ii3P7Bb2tOEB30ykWur+VABDu,eRvw' to '/usb-otg/TWRP/BACKUPS/q201/2020-07-22--06-03-38/data.ext4.win000'
                          Error creating backup.
                          I:ERROR tarList for thread ID 0
                          Error creating backup.
                          I:InfoManager saving '/usb-otg/TWRP/BACKUPS/q201/2020-07-22--06-03-38/data.info'
                          createTarFork() process ended with ERROR: 255
                          Backup Failed. Cleaning Backup Folder.

Comment

TWRP ppromo47 post83-does not work

I:Actual block device: '', current file system: 'auto'
                            ...done
                            I:Backup Name is: '2020-07-22--06-03-38'
                            I:Backup_Folder is: '/usb-otg/TWRP/BACKUPS/q201/2020-07-22--06-03-38'
                            I:Calculating backup details...
                            * Total number of partitions to back up: 1
                            * Total size of all data: 2604MB
                            * Available space: 54517MB
                            [BACKUP STARTED]
                            * Backup Folder: /usb-otg/TWRP/BACKUPS/q201/2020-07-22--06-03-38
                            Backing up Data (excl. storage)...
                            Backups of Data do not include any files in internal storage such as pictures or downloads.
                            Breaking backup file into multiple archives...
                            I:Creating backup...
                            I:Creating tar file '/usb-otg/TWRP/BACKUPS/q201/2020-07-22--06-03-38/data.ext4.win000'
                            I:addFile '/data/property' including root: 1
                            I:addFile '/data/property/41ii3P7Bb2tOEB30ykWur+VABDu,eRvw' including root: 1
                            I:Error adding file '/data/property/41ii3P7Bb2tOEB30ykWur+VABDu,eRvw' to '/usb-otg/TWRP/BACKUPS/q201/2020-07-22--06-03-38/data.ext4.win000'
                            Error creating backup.
                            I:ERROR tarList for thread ID 0
                            Error creating backup.
                            I:InfoManager saving '/usb-otg/TWRP/BACKUPS/q201/2020-07-22--06-03-38/data.info'
                            createTarFork() process ended with ERROR: 255
                            Backup Failed. Cleaning Backup Folder.
                            Looks like TWRP worked but when you are trying to take a TWRP backup of your ROM it failing.

Comment

Originally posted by superceleron View Post

1- i know and its not fixable, so just ignore it.
                              2- i have stop adding twrp to my roms.
                              3- are you using USER build?
                              4- i do not use magisk or care about it.
                              5- weird works just fine with my BT remotes, both on QCABT and BCMBT boxes.

Anyway i posted inside the download folder the flashable zip for the 100mbits eth boxes, just use recovery or use the update app inside the booted rom.
                              1- Yeah, thats one time usage feature, its fine
                              2-Thats fine, I have managed to create one
                              3-Tried with both User and Debug. same issue
                              4-Thats fine, its might be something related to encryption, I couldn't get it working so moved back to higwaystar
                              5-Thats a bug for sure,I did restart bluetooth just to be sure

Comment

Working...
                              X