Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ROM] "Generic" SC NORMAL v1.0 DEBUG - S912 Android 9 - Multi-Wifi BCMBT/QCABT

DISCLAIMER: MY ROMs(WORK) CAN NOT BUT USED FOR ANY COMMERCIAL PROJECTS WITHOUT MY CONSENT.

Well not much to say... it will be my 1º and last rom, i won't be updating this roms again.
    The ones with a 100mbits eth only, plz flash the "100mbits-ETH-FIX-Flashable.zip", that is inside the folder "100MBITS-ETH-FIX-FLASHABLE-ZIP".

UserDebug Build: This build does have root, selinux is permissive and some other stuff you will see in changelog down there..

Changelog v1.0:
    • Build from latest AML Pie SDK
    • Double press Home shows recents.
    • Reboot to TWRP(not included) or Switch OS (Long press power button)
    • Bla bla bla..
    • Bla bla bla bla...
    • Bla bla bla bla bla...
    • etc.... and many other stuff...

Bugs:
    • Screenshot button in navigation bar only shows after you go to settings and hide it and show it again.
    • I bet there there is more...

Want to buy me a beer?

Download:

Install instructions:
    • Use usb burning tool 2.2.0 to burn the IMG.

THIS ROM DELETES ALL YOUR DATA SO DO A BACKUP!

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Enjoy it!
    Last edited by superceleron; 02-12-2024, 11:48.

• H96 Pro, 1/2/3gb DDR3 - issues none (well maybe IR remote)
    • H96 Pro, 1/2/3gb LPDDR3 (use LPDDR3 Uboot) - issues none (well maybe IR remote)
    • Beelink GT1, DDR3 - issues none (well maybe IR remote)
    • Mecool M8S Pro L, LPDDR3 (use LPDDR3 Uboot and then flash the 100mbits eth zip fix) - issues you will lose L1 but you can't use it for anything anyway and IR remote.
    • Tanix S912 (cant remember the version) 2/4gb DDR4 - issues none (well maybe remote)
    • Minix Neo U9-H, DDR3 - issues, you will lose the full size usb ports, small mini usb port still works as a normal usb and IR remote.
    • Mecool M8S Pro 2/16 DDR4 - issues, black screen.
    • Mecool M8S Pro 3/32 DDR4 - issues none (well maybe IR remote)
    • Mecool M8S-PRO-C 2/16 DDR3 - issues, black screen.
    Last edited by superceleron; 08-05-2020, 20:56.

Comment

• trebor
      trebor commented
      Editing a comment
      Very Sweet

Thank-you very much. .

QCABT
    • 2.4 and 5G WIFI works
    • HDMI sound output : Dolby Line 5.1?
    • Rooted
    • Android Play Store works
    • Normal Youtube works (must download app)
    • Titanium Back-up mostly works( restore data ...does not always restore..must manually stop destination app?)
    • Microsoft Launcher works
    • AdGuard.....Non HTTPS
    • Most apps seem to work
    • Will test more...
    No TWRP!
    AdGuard works, but user pin does not show up as option after reboot= locked out.
    Internet seems slow with high ping (my internet is borked since Covid)
    WiFi switching force stopped WiFi till reboot.
    No setting for screen colors.
    No Sharpness nor dpi ?
    Brightness setting does not work?(Some movies play a bit dark)
    Some irksome apps stay in "Landscape" mode
    Screen artifacts when switching apps(rare) or screen will either go all white for a moment or desktop will blink black(frequent....Microsoft launcher..?).
    Nav-bar buttons will occasionally fail to work.
    Slightly visible mouse trails.(Might be Back-Lit LED zones on my T.V.)
    Last edited by ReaperMan; 08-11-2020, 16:52.

Comment

Originally posted by superceleron View Post
      • H96 Pro, 1/2/3gb DDR3 - issues none (well maybe IR remote)
      • H96 Pro, 1/2/3gb LPDDR3 (use LPDDR3 Uboot) - issues none (well maybe IR remote)
      • Beelink GT1, DDR3 - issues none (well maybe IR remote)
      • Mecool M8S Pro L, LPDDR3 (use LPDDR3 Uboot) - issues you will lose L1 but you cant use it for anything anyway and IR remote.
      • Tanix S912 (cant remember the version) 2/4gb DDR4 - issues none (well maybe remote)
      • Minix Neo U9-H, DDR3 - issues, you will lose the full size usb ports, small mini usb port still works as a normal usb and IR remote.
      This is the boxes i tried.
      with the minix u9h it appears i would lose my a2 lite airmouse as it uses a usb port for the receiver
      alos which image do i use the BCMBT or the QCABT
      thanks for your work

Comment

Originally posted by normy62 View Post

with the minix u9h it appears i would lose my a2 lite airmouse as it uses a usb port for the receiver
        alos which image do i use the BCMBT or the QCABT
        thanks for your work
        BCMBT

Comment

Black screen on Mecool M8S Pro 2/16 DDR4; the same on M8S-PRO-C 2/16 DDR3!
          Last edited by superceleron; 08-05-2020, 19:45.

Comment

Originally posted by lyubodelev View Post
            Black screen on Mecool M8S Pro 2/16 DDR4; the same on M8S-PRO-C 2/16 DDR3!
            Ok thks, i have a M8S Pro.. but is in a place i cant get it now
            Anyway i will add it to the 2º post.

Comment

Originally posted by superceleron View Post

Ok thks, i have a M8S Pro.. but is in a place i cant get it now
              Anyway i will add it to the 2º post.
              The problem is only on 2/16; on Mecool M8S Pro 3/32 everything is OK!

Comment

Originally posted by lyubodelev View Post

The problem is only on 2/16; on Mecool M8S Pro 3/32 everything is OK!
                Nice good to know, i will add it to 2º post.

Comment

Beautiful! I am using your older rom scv7a for Alphawise H96 pro plus.

I customized slightly with ATV. Now that many tv apps are ATV friendly, I don't mind doing a bit of tweaking once more. Ha!

It's been years since flashing. What do I do? Ha!

I will keep an eye out for further work on this thread. Jus to recently I have been using Pie on my phone, and see a lot of good for upgrading from 7.1.2. Oreo never got my attention enough to move away from 7.1.2. But it's too hard to pass up on this. Glad you kept up on the 912 chip. I figured it would be forgotten by now. Ha!

Thanks for your work on these boxes!

Comment

any screenshots or video of firmware?

Comment

I tried the ATV version last week, great ROM almost everything was perfect; I have the the odd H96_Pro+ 3GB/32GB (v3_DDR4 board) and the Ram timing is not quite right... only 2gb showing in use. Any changes to uboot/dtb/bootloader in this normal AOSP version concerning the RAM vs the ATV version ??? I saw bumerc shared a uboot for 792mhz somewhere in the s912 threads, but I have a feeling my board needed 712mhz for some reason.

Anyways, THANK YOU, the ATV version is fast and smooth and scored 68154 on Antutu benchmark version 8.4.1.

Side note, have you tried to activate Vulkan ??? Saw the lib file in system put no permission files in ATV version.

Comment

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post
                        I tried the ATV version last week, great ROM almost everything was perfect; I have the the odd H96_Pro+ 3GB/32GB (v3_DDR4 board) and the Ram timing is not quite right... only 2gb showing in use. Any changes to uboot/dtb/bootloader in this normal AOSP version concerning the RAM vs the ATV version ??? I saw bumerc shared a uboot for 792mhz somewhere in the s912 threads, but I have a feeling my board needed 712mhz for some reason.

Anyways, THANK YOU, the ATV version is fast and smooth and scored 68154 on Antutu benchmark version 8.4.1.

Side note, have you tried to activate Vulkan ??? Saw the lib file in system put no permission files in ATV version.
                        Well i have stop the dev for s912, maybe someone else might do a more compatible uboot with your board.
                        Vulkan is disabled because its not supported in the gles driver(its there but the code is disabled, dunno why), that i was expecting it.

Comment

Thank you for your hard work
                          I have a Beelink GT1 Ultimate TV Box Android 7.1 S- 912 3Go + 32Go
                          I flashed your rom
                          But the RAM only appears 2 GB
                          How to fix the problemThank you for your hard work
                          How can I fix the problem

Comment

Originally posted by 2free View Post
                            Thank you for your hard work
                            I flashed your rom
                            How to fix the problemThank you for your hard work
                            How can I fix the problem
                            Try repack with another dtb!

Comment

Working...
                            X