Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Tutorial] Create your own bootup logo for Amlogic based android devices. (S912, etc)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Tutorial] Create your own bootup logo for Amlogic based android devices. (S912, etc)

It cost me days to find out how to create my own Full HD bootup logo, for my upcoming custom Yundoo Y1 S912 ATV rom.
    Because the build in function of the Amlogic CustomizationTool (I used the latest one v2.0.8) didn't work properly.

Needed (free) Tools
    • Gimp (or any other image program that could create 16 bit bmp files)
    • 7Zip (or any other compression tool that could create gzip files)

The making of ....
    1. Create your own boot logo with the image resolution of 1920 x 1080 (Full HD / RGB color) Click image for larger version  Name:	Bildschirmfoto vom 2017-03-26 05-45-11.png Views:	1 Size:	28.9 KB ID:	638105
    2. Export the image as bootup.bmp with the color setting 16 bit - R5 G8 B5 Click image for larger version  Name:	Bildschirmfoto vom 2017-03-26 05-50-44.png Views:	1 Size:	34.0 KB ID:	638106
    3. Compress the image with 7Zip and select gzip as file compression container.
      File input = bootup.bmp (size 3 - 8 mb)
      File output = bootup.bmp.gz (size 30 - 80 kb )
    4. Rename the compressed bmp file: bootup.bmp.gz >> bootup
    5. Replace the bootup file at the folder ..\tmp\level2\logo_res\bootup
    6. Pack your rom with your own tiny custom bootup logo, that needs less than 1 sec. to load

Done
    Last edited by cOOLio; 03-26-2017, 13:23.
    My contributions to the community
    [ ROMs ] Z4 RK3368 - android TV (ATV) | MXQ PRO 4K - p201 - android TV (ATV) | Yundo Y1 S912 - android TV (ATV) not yet released
    [ Tutorials ] Bootup logo Amlogic S912 devices | Redefine any Keyboard, Gamepad, Remote Control

This is a couple months old but i found it to be very helpful so here is some additional steps if you are a new linux user.

By the screenshots it looks like you are running ubuntu. For anyone interested here is the linux info needed:

Get 7zip & GIMP
    sudo apt-get install p7zip-full gimp

3. Compress
    7z a bootup.bmp.gz bootup.bmp

4. Rename
    mv bootup.bmp.gz bootup

cOOLio thanks for the info!

Comment

Working...
    X