Mecool BB2 Pro PAL to NTSC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem Solved!!!!!!

After a ton of searching everywhere, I found this procedure which solved the problem: hxxp://forums.redflagdeals.com/howto-connecting-mxq-pro-android-5-1-1-s905-ott-tv-box-old-us-ntsc-analog-tv-set-2036371/#p26731165.

Thanks Trebor, I couldn't have done it without your help with the proper pinout.

Comment

Great
      Good to see a solution found,
      Unusual way to do it, but if an old TV anything is possible
      treboR
      Please consider
      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

A solution for those have trouble getting AV to work works on various Boxes and OLD TV's maybe

The following is the list of steps I took on how to fix the problem:
        1. First, connect the MXQ Pro Android 5.1.1 S905 OTT TV Box through its HDMI port to the 3-RCA ports on the old US/NTSC analog TV set using this Mini HDMI2AV Signal Converter (borrowed from a friend) so the video will be properly displayed on the TV set.
        2. Boot the MXQ Pro Android 5.1.1 S905 OTT TV Box and navigate through to the setting menu as shown below. settings-menu.png
        3. Select the Display sub-menu and make sure the Screen resolution button is selected (don't press OK button at the remote control, yet). display-menu.png
        4. Now, unplug the HDMI cable off the MXQ Pro Android 5.1.1 S905 OTT TV Box and the Mini HDMI2AV Signal Converter from the old US/NTSC analog TV set.
        5. Plug the A/V cable to the A/V port on the MXQ Pro Android 5.1.1 S905 OTT TV Box and the 3-RCA plugs to the old US/NTSC analog TV set. In my case, the 3-RCA plugs I bought has the video signal on the RED RCA plug. The old US/NTSC analog TV set should show the Display sub-menu in an out of sync black/white mode.
        6. Now, press the OK button on the remote control to get into the Screen resolution sub-menu. At this stage, the video on the TV set is still in an out of sync black/white mode. But, let's assure it is in the 576 cvbs mode as shown below. screen-resolution-576cvbs-menu.png
        7. Now, press the up button once to select the 480 cvbs mode and the video in the TV set will now be in sync mode. screen-resolution-480cvbs-menu.png
        There is all there to it. I hope this will help others, too.

Source:
        treboR
        Please consider
        Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Is there a way to do this via command line?

Comment

Would it be possible, through the build.prop or something else to fix it? Because each time on bootup the settings change are lost on my box.

Comment

I tried editing a number of files (build.prop was the first), and none of them worked.

However, on my box (MXQ Pro Quick Play) the changed settings remain after reboot.

Comment

Thanks! based on what you wrote, I'm trying now on my StarStream X4 to put other lollipop 5.1.1 Firmwares ,that will keep the settings after reboot. X8-H Firmware does keep the settings, but the problem is no Wifi. I tried to root it to delete the wpa file (hack from youtube claiming that after the delete it may acces internet), since no internet, the root doesn't work.. I tried the probox2 firmware but it also won't keep the settings after reboot. I will try to find the mxq pro quick play firmware.

Comment

Working...
                X