Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AmlImagePacker - Create a IMG file from the level1 folder without the Customization Tool

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by natinusala View Post
    Repack your ROM by using the Customization Tool and check the logs for the Aml_make_ext4fs command, the -l argument may differ depending on your target Android device.

Can the Customization Tool depack the ROM created by my tool ? Does it look valid to you ?
    Yeah it unpacks output.img fine and looks normal but flashing it is same outcome as if i just built with customization tool.
    to be honest I just assumed this was working with 7+ images, I'm i mistaken in thinking that?

Comment

Yes tool wont repack properly on 7
      Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

I didn't know about that ! This is exactly what the function in the DLL does (config file, level1 folder and output image), I bet the code behind is exactly the same. Well that kinda makes my tool useless, unless you are stuck on Windows for some reason
        Why would anyone use Windows and have 100% Hardware compatibility and an easy, friendly and intuitive user interface when you can have Linux and write and compile your own drivers for every fo king Hardware there is out there?
        Last edited by jit18; 07-24-2017, 02:32.

Comment

Trying to pack a nougat S912 rom can unpack rom fine but program crashes in repack. Tried this method but the img wasn't good USB burning didn't even load it not sure what's wrong. Trying to mod stock gt1 nougat

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
            Yes tool wont repack properly on 7
            I don't have any Android 7 device to test this on, nor do I have the updated Customization Tool. Looks like they changed the way images works since Android 7. If you can find the mangled names of methods in the DLL working for Android 7, you could easily post my tool

Trying to pack a nougat S912 rom can unpack rom fine but program crashes in repack.
            Which one crashes ? My tool or the customization tool ?

Comment

Customization tool crashes. Your program works and packs the img but it won't load to USB burning tool

Comment

Is it for Android 7 too ?

Comment

I just have customization tool 2.0.8 I believe hasn't been a new one in awhile

Comment

You might have to change the chksum_list file in the system partition according to your changes, I don't know if it's really used but I know that the Customization Tool updates it at each repack

Comment

The linux tool i posted pack android 7.1.1 properly.
                      Everything is possible if we work together!
                      ApkFreak

Comment

Oh it does? A awesome so I just edit the level 2 partition and the Linux tool will make it flashable?

Comment

You can unpack the image with windows customization tool than unsprase the system partition from lv1 folder using linux, mount, make changes, sprase it again and use linux tool to make firmware img
                          Everything is possible if we work together!
                          ApkFreak

Comment

The ultimate goal would be to have a 100% open source Customization Tool clone, with a CLI and without the need of any Amlogic code/DLL (and the ability to load a previously unpacked ROM without unpacking it again). It would not be very hard to do, since we already know the format of most files and data, but it would certainly take a long time to have something as powerful as the current CT.
                            Not so hard at all to do, I have already done this..
                            Customization Tool 8.9.4 (All versions of android) The tool supports Amlogic, Rockchip and Allwinner firmwares Download from my official website - Download Note: There is a free and a paid version. Free version still works fine for most uses...

Multiple tools for AMLogic devices, not a single library, binary or anything used from AMLogics software
                            Ive also created perfect unpacking, the abillty to export the unpacked content as a project, abillty to add init.d, etc etc

Comment

That's very nice, I'll definitely try this out

Comment

That's very nice, I'll definitely try this out
                                Source will be updated tommorow morning when i get back from my meeting
                                All info in on that XDA thread, enjoy

Comment

Working...
                                X