Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

linux-amlogic-toolkit - unpack and repack AMLogic images using Linux (works with Android 7 !)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by natinusala View Post
    Is it causing problems when flashing ? I use it to edit 2gb image files and I didn't notice any issue
    Yeah, I had issues with it. When I modified this latest img, it just got stuck on boot.
    Had to remove everything and start over multiple times before I got a working version even though I made the same changes to all of the different versions.
    I'll have to look into it some further and backtrack some. But you haven't noticed the repacls becoming larger, even when it shouldn't?

Comment

Customization Tool has the exact same issue. The solution was to delete a text file (aml_list_link IIRC) and let the Customization Tool recreate it. Is it applicable here ?

Comment

Customization Tool has the exact same issue. The solution was to delete a text file (aml_list_link IIRC) and let the Customization Tool recreate it. Is it applicable here ?
        Hmm, interesting theory. Will try it out right away. Thanks for the tip.
        Will get back to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Jinxy View Post

Hmm, interesting theory. Will try it out right away. Thanks for the tip.
          Will get back to you.
          Nope, still a 400mb difference even though the size should have decreased by about 200mb.
          Really weird issue.

Edit:
          And after another repack right afterwards, it's increased by another 50mb, even though I replaced a file which was 4x smaller than the one it replaced.

Comment

Do you have a hidden .Trash directory somewhere ? Your file editor could put file you delete to trash instead of removing them.

Comment

Do you have a hidden .Trash directory somewhere ? Your file editor could put file you delete to trash instead of removing them.
              Nope, nothing like that. It's really weird to be honest.
              I removed 500mb of data from this rom and when I repacked it, it was 600mb larger

Comment

Check the size of the system.PARTITION and system.img files before and after, are they significantly larger too ?

Comment

Okay, I have a clue. I checked with GParted and the partition of the IMG file is too large : https://i.stack.imgur.com/OQC5h.png

I succeeded to shrink it by hand, but I lack the knowledge to have it automated. I'll get back when I have a solution.

Comment

Okay, I have a clue. I checked with GParted and the partition of the IMG file is too large : https://i.stack.imgur.com/OQC5h.png

I succeeded to shrink it by hand, but I lack the knowledge to have it automated. I'll get back when I have a solution.
                    Ah, that's awesome to hear, then it wasn't just in my head
                    Yeah that sounds great, I've got no idea on how to shrink it by hand either, so I guess I'll have to wait until
                    you manage to sort it out. Thanks once again for a great tool though, other than that it works great

Edit: Btw, might be worth updating it as a notice on your github, in case anybody else wonders.

Comment

You can shrink the system image by doing

./bin/unmount
                      e2fsck output/image/system.img
                      resize2fr -M output/image/system.img
                      ./bin/remount

However this will leave you with 0 bytes free on your image partition, preventing you from adding any additional file. I don't think this is what you want.

Comment

You can shrink the system image by doing

./bin/unmount
                        e2fsck output/image/system.img
                        resize2fr -M output/image/system.img
                        ./bin/remount

However this will leave you with 0 bytes free on your image partition, preventing you from adding any additional file. I don't think this is what you want.
                        Yeah, that's correct, that's not somethign I want.
                        Too bad, but flashing works fine anyway most of the time, hope somebody solves it in the future =)
                        Your tool works great anyway, so that's awesome!

Comment

I guess you could resize it manually with resize2fs with the size you want

Comment

You mention these 2:
                            • zlib1g-dev for simg2img and img2simg
                            • libblkid-dev for abootimg (unpacking and repacking boot image)
                            Where do I download them? and zlib1g I found which was not dev and it was highest for android 6.1 not 7.1 which this posting suggests. So I am just a little confused. Same goes for the other dependency.

Thanks

Comment

You can install them any way you want/can. I named the Ubuntu/Debian packages, but if you don't use this distribution you'll have to figure it out by yourself. The only condition is that GCC has to find it !

Comment

You can install them any way you want/can. I named the Ubuntu/Debian packages, but if you don't use this distribution you'll have to figure it out by yourself. The only condition is that GCC has to find it !
                                So basically Ubuntu/Debian has to be installed as a virtual machine and all of this stuff. There is no way to modify boot logo via customization tool in Android 7.1? I asked Magadenz and he mentoned customization tool, but perhaps he forgot that it's Android 7.1

Comment

Working...
                                X