Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

linux-amlogic-toolkit - unpack and repack AMLogic images using Linux (works with Android 7 !)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

01520717 I fixed everything, thank you for reporting this !

korgix300 if you just want to backup the data partition, why don't you just extract the zipped backup from TWRP ? Unless you want to restore this on another device without TWRP ? AMLogic images (and Android in general I guess) don't support data partitions pre-loading (or I didn't find how to) so you will not be able to put your data.img in the packed ROM anyway

Comment

Originally posted by natinusala View Post
      01520717 I fixed everything, thank you for reporting this !

korgix300 if you just want to backup the data partition, why don't you just extract the zipped backup from TWRP ? Unless you want to restore this on another device without TWRP ? AMLogic images (and Android in general I guess) don't support data partitions pre-loading (or I didn't find how to) so you will not be able to put your data.img in the packed ROM anyway
      Oh so you are basically saying if I backup just "data" in TWRP I should be able to unzip it or extract its contents and use your toolkit to add it back to the original image? I am backing up "data" from the same ROM that I will be adding to.
      So this should work right?

My idea is to do this and create a normal IMG so that I could flash with stock recovery not TWRP

Comment

You can't add the data partition to the original image using my toolkit. I don't even know if Android or AMLogic supports it.

Comment

You can't add the data partition to the original image using my toolkit. I don't even know if Android or AMLogic supports it.
          Hm interesting ... not even app folders which I have installed?
          How about if I just want to take an .img of my whole box as it is, is that possible and then just flash to another same box with stock recovery?

Comment

You will go through a hassle to generate the IMG file, and not be able to transfer the data partition so it won't work / be worth it

Comment

So I get it to unpack/mount but I cannot edit/delete/change and files in the system folder. I am not normally a linux user but I am giving it a go(kind of linux retarded) Not sure how to make it do I can add or remove files from the systems folders

Comment

You need to run your file manager as root to be able to edit the system files. This is because of the mount command which mounts the image as "root" user.

Comment

Thank you great work with this toolkit. I'm using sudo nautilus in ubuntu to modify the files. After repacking, I'm stuck at boot loop on my box. Any idea what's causing this or how to find out?

Comment

Great tool, however do you know what the first 4 bytes of aml upgrade packages are?
                    im building a toolset for windows,this is the only issue preventing me from repacking

Comment

Originally posted by james739 View Post
                      Thank you great work with this toolkit. I'm using sudo nautilus in ubuntu to modify the files. After repacking, I'm stuck at boot loop on my box. Any idea what's causing this or how to find out?
                      Run it in a sudo shell.
                      Then use midnight commander.
                      Using Nautilus can be strange cause it changes some file permission maybe.

Neomode

Comment

Hello! What is wrong I do?
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

The Tool wants to know what it should unpack that's all.
                          So do:

PHP Code:
                          ./bin/unpack /rom path/rom name.img 
                          Neomode

Comment

Hello Ricky,

Will this tool work for the android 8 boxes?

Comment

• ricky divjakovski
                              ricky divjakovski commented
                              Editing a comment
                              it does have upto 8.0 support, theres currently a small bug i need to fix then it will work, its a kernel repack related issue

ricky divjakovski please let me know when you find a fix, I might need it for my toolkit too, thanks

Comment

ricky divjakovski please let me know when you find a fix, I might need it for my toolkit too, thanks
                            Im looking into it, without a doubt its a kernel related issue(mkbootimg/mkbootfs), i have successfully modified the system partition by extracting the file_contexts from the recovery and repacking(only system).
                            However PM me or email me, my toolset is almost fully complete, minor tweaking but its proving very effective

Comment

Working...
                            X