Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

linux-amlogic-toolkit - unpack and repack AMLogic images using Linux (works with Android 7 !)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found another residing issue due to project treble in 8.1 R4, the vendor partition will not boot if you dont append both plat_file_contexts and non_plat_file_contexts(found in the recovery ramdisk) and using a special version of make_ext4fs to reference /system as found by Carmine, im currently compiling a windows version but its not looking good as im struggling to get Cmake V3.10> successfully compiled let alone libz issues

Comment

ricky divjakovski the repo is private ^^'

Comment

Originally posted by natinusala View Post
        ricky divjakovski the repo is private ^^'
        Fixed

Comment

The tool has been updated to add a flashing utility, it allows to flash the image through USB without repacking it (faster than USB Burning Tool), still on Linux.

Comment

Just tested this out, I had an old version that worked well, upgraded to test the burning tool which works, however when unpacked edited and repacked it did not save the changes. Something to look into. Great tool though, works well for making edits.

Comment

The tool has been updated to add a flashing utility, it allows to flash the image through USB without repacking it (faster than USB Burning Tool), still on Linux.
              How to do to replace the entire section system.img ?

Comment

Put your system.img in the correct folder (output/image I think ?), remove the repack line from the script and run the flashing tool

Comment

Put your system.img in the correct folder (output/image I think ?), remove the repack line from the script and run the flashing tool
                  Managed to replace system.img in the image.But I still do not dare with the help of the image made, because it is still new for me.Thank you for the tip.

Comment

You can shrink the system image by doing

./bin/unmount
                    e2fsck output/image/system.img
                    resize2fr -M output/image/system.img
                    ./bin/remount

However this will leave you with 0 bytes free on your image partition, preventing you from adding any additional file. I don't think this is what you want.
                    Before i unpack, it has size, 2gb, after i unpack and resize then it has 1,6gb. I want ask where is 0,4gb? and does the IMG have errors?

Comment

Please tell me how to fix logo errors on old linux-amlogic-toolkit version (http://ltpvietnam.com/linux-amlogic-toolkit-master.zip)

I used to not see error before, After I reinstalled the windows operating system, it failed. (I use ubuntu on a virtual machine)

Comment

Originally posted by lethanh View Post
                        Please tell me how to fix logo errors on old linux-amlogic-toolkit version (http://ltpvietnam.com/linux-amlogic-toolkit-master.zip)

I used to not see error before, After I reinstalled the windows operating system, it failed. (I use ubuntu on a virtual machine)
                        On the program page in github write about logo.

Comment

someone please give me the old version of the tool, the new version i can't save the changes. Thanks you verymuch.

Comment

I don't think the old version will help you.
                            What failure you facing?

Neomode

Comment

Originally posted by neomode View Post
                              I don't think the old version will help you.
                              What failure you facing?

Neomode
                              If you have it please give me, I used to use that version very well. but i have lost the old version. new version when repack I don't see any changes

Comment

Originally posted by lethanh View Post
                                If you have it please give me, I used to use that version very well. but i have lost the old version. new version when repack I don't see any changes
                                If you check your different programs Permissions in the /bin file of toolkit, Not all programs are by Default set to be "Executable" on in other words "Allow executing file as program" as Ubuntu states. This error will let the Tool unpack correctly but when you want to repack you will just end up repacking the unmodified Partitions in /output/image instead of recreating a new image with all your changes. So just make all the files in /bin "Executable" or "chmod -x" everything in the toolkit /bin .

Comment

Working...
                                X