Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Make a logitech webcam work in video call (whatsapp, Skype, etc)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make a logitech webcam work in video call (whatsapp, Skype, etc)

Hello everyone, Wanna ask does anyone know how to make webcam (mine is logitech c910) being recognized as native android camera so it can be used for video call? The webcam is working fine using CameraFi app but not working with any other apps (tried Skype, Google duo, whatsapp).

My TV Box is R-TV S10 3GB DDR4 version.
    Thanks in advance

Have you installed all the needed drivers? When I tried to connect it for the first time, I didn't know about it, so I returned it to the shop. I thought that there was something wrong with my TV, or it doesn't match with the camera. Anyway, I've got another one, from the Meeting Store. Finally, the guys from the shop told me that Logitech cameras need some additional drivers in order to work properly. Now, it works perfectly. Also, the second camera is even nicer than the first one, so I guess, I made the right choice. Hope you'll figure it out! Have you installed all the needed drivers?
    Last edited by Thontay; 02-06-2021, 21:26.

Comment

Originally posted by hawkdollar View Post
      Hello everyone, Wanna ask does anyone know how to make webcam (mine is logitech c910) being recognized as native android camera so it can be used for video call? The webcam is working fine using CameraFi app but not working with any other apps (tried Skype, Google duo, Fmwhatsapp).

Thanks in advance
      I've been using Google Duo with great success for several months. I had to sideload Google Duo (arm64-v8a nodpi) as well as the Set Orientation app to keep the video in landscape. I also use a bluetooth mouse to help navigate the screen, which I think is important to make the setup work. The bluetooth mouse is the easiest way to answer calls too (although someone in an earlier post was able to make a "swipe up" gesture with a Tasker app - I wasn't able to get this to work).

Unfortunately the Shield 7.2 update caused the C920 to be waaaay zoomed in for no reason, so the other party can only see a small part of my couch now. No settings that I can adjust. Thus, I tried many other apps to see which I can use cross-platform with iOS users.

Facebook Messenger (and the Lite version) did not work; wouldn't connect to camera.

TrueConf worked well on my end, but my mom could hear her echo (this was the only app that had poor echo cancellation in my experience), plus the video doesn't expand to fill the whole screen.

WhatsApp seemed to work well, but was vetoed by my mom because there isn't a native iPad app yet (only iPhone). You can reportedly use the WhatsApp web interface on the iPad, but she wasn't willing to try this.

Skype works well (Lite kept crashing), but I'm unable to answer calls with my mouse (maybe Tasker could fix it?) - not too big a deal, just have to call them back.

Viber also works well, but can't answer calls, similar to Skype.

Overall, I was most content with Duo, but I haven't figured out how to fix the new "zoomed in" issue yet. If you get it going, please let me know if you feel like the camera is too zoomed in (you may not be able to tell if you never saw its full field of view in the first place, but it's very obvious to me).

Comment

I also tried and used it on WhatsApp GB via the link
        Last edited by TerrellBell; 06-30-2021, 03:22.

Comment

Originally posted by hawkdollar View Post
          Hello everyone, Wanna ask does anyone know how to make webcam (mine is logitech c910) being recognized as native android camera so it can be used for video call? The webcam is working fine using CameraFi app but not working with any other apps (tried Skype, Google duo, whatsapp).

Thanks in advance
          Will it also work with the mods of whatsapp like gbwhatsapp apk download ? during video call or not?
          Last edited by jajsimi; 07-26-2021, 02:08.

Comment

Hey I have a solution Few months back I made this sudden decision of doing youtube and twitch streaming I bought a PC I thought everyone will superchat me and I will become rich but things didn't go well and I stopped doing streaming, But in that time I didn't had a Webcam so I searched on my youtube vanced app about how can I turn my phone into a webcam and I found out about iVcam app you can download it from google playstore and by using it your problem should get solved and you can use your webcam for fmwhatsapp video calls. !

I hope this helps you

Comment

Hello there! It depends on the platform you work on. It would be great if you will tell me what platform you have been using all this time. Some time ago I was for a company. The first meetings in zoom were horrible. Somebody hacked us. Because of that, we switched to google meet, but it was still laggy. After a while, my company bought a one-year subscription from https://brightvisionevents.co.uk/tea...team-building/ . Entire of hours worked on that software, and I don't have anything wrong to say about it. I wish you good with your deal.
              Last edited by Archaea; 08-13-2021, 19:52.

Comment

This feature can combine with yo whatsapp new version
                Last edited by LeviMoody; 09-02-2021, 08:24.

Comment

Working...
                X