Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for help - Tx9 Pro wifi issues

Hey folks!
    Looking if someone can point me in the right direction. 

I have cases of tx9 pro 2gb for the majority and some 3gb boxes. A total of 80. Of course from Chinese supplier.
    Yep. My stupidity.

So, can't get more than a 4mbps download speed over 2.4ghz net. Nothing blocking signal, about 10 feet from router.

I'm being told "this is normal for tx9 pro" which we all know is not ! 

Any help, or firmware which might help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Have not tried this firmware yet so tweaker Beware! Support is slowly evaporating due to no upgrade path from Android 7. Dev: Vasily_5 http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=764998&view=findpost&p=88501140 Seems to be based on: kernel- May 26 2018 (very good factory kernel) ATV(??Not specified having dual/ normal

try that firmware, firmwares that work for the Tanix TX92 also work for the TX9-Pro

also might want to open the device casing an make sure the wifi antennas are not touching metal or other parts of board

Comment

Sweet! Thank you man!
      Supplier I trying to tell me 4 months ago, they changed the wifi module in these boxes. Which very well may be true however, 4mbps down ? Now that's not normal... Maybe in China it is, but here in North America, we enjoy streaming things via wifi at "normal" speeds!

Much appreciated!!

Comment

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post
        https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...dr3#post782708

try that firmware, firmwares that work for the Tanix TX92 also work for the TX9-Pro

also might want to open the device casing an make sure the wifi antennas are not touching metal or other parts of board
        Wifi antennas seem fine.. not touching any metal or components.. Flashed with ddr3 version. Firmware works great, however, getting the exact same speeds... Manufacturer is now telling me lp version of this box was discontinued about 4 months ago... Not sure to trust them or what.... I'm their mind, download speed of not even 5mbps seem fine,. only we're not in china...

If anyone knows where I can find any firmware at all for the tx9pro 2gb ddr3 model, it would be appreciated!

Cheers!

Comment

I do not own this box and have no experience with it.
          Generically I would look very closely at where the antenna lead is soldered to the PCB. There have been examples where a solder bridge existed between the two individual conductors that make up the antenna's coaxial cable.
          If you are not sure, post a clear picture of the area where the antenna lead is soldered to the PCB, and we can have a look.

Comment

Originally posted by RISCy Dude View Post
            I do not own this box and have no experience with it.
            Generically I would look very closely at where the antenna lead is soldered to the PCB. There have been examples where a solder bridge existed between the two individual conductors that make up the antenna's coaxial cable.
            If you are not sure, post a clear picture of the area where the antenna lead is soldered to the PCB, and we can have a look.
            Thanks for the reply dude! 
            I will take a peak when I get home and post a clear pic. This isn't 1 out of 80 boxes though, I've tested 2/3 of these things, and so far their all duds. No other issues to the network, no interference, line of sight is right there, everything! Seems like bad firmware to me, now?

Was going to try Tanix firmware, manufacturer told me it would brick the box... Likely because of the change in ram? Would firmware for LP ram brick a box with ddr3?

Thanks

Comment

Yes, could be firmware, or even a hardware design flaw, if so many boxes are similar.
              With regards to the different ram, I can't say. I would think it would be risky to use firmware for one type ram on the other. Though I imagine it depends on whether or not the firmware is written to anticipate different types of ram(unlikely).
              I am no developer, so better answers could be had.

Comment

Most bootloaders are coded for Either standard ram (DDR3/DDR4) OR made for low-power ram (LPDDR3/DDR3L/LPDDR4), but not coded for both.

So if you have device with DDR3 do not install firmware for LPddr.

Do your other devices (PC, laptop, phone, or tablet) run 2.4 GHz ? And what are their speeds? Does your router only do 2.4 GHz? The TX9_Pro is suppose to have dual-band WiFi chip for both 2.4 and 5.8 GHz. When testing WiFi speed is best to use a website tester, this way you can verify results with other devices that are internet capable, and not dependent on an app which may be different version on iOS/Windows/Android. My go to test site is https://fast.com

Comment

I installed tanix firmware tx9 pro 3 gb ram 32 gb rom on a tx9 pro clone of 4gb ram 32 rom and now it won't boot anymore. Help me find the original firmware to reinstall it.

Comment

Originally posted by andrechampion View Post
                    I installed tanix firmware tx9 pro 3 gb ram 32 gb rom on a tx9 pro clone of 4gb ram 32 rom and now it won't boot anymore. Help me find the original firmware to reinstall it.
                    The only TX9 that had 4GB of Ram was a Rockchip device, so you really F*kd up your Amlogic device if using that firmware.

Open your device and take pictures of the board, if you are lucky it will have what board it is Clearly Typed in White on it.
                    Go to Google Images and verify your board matches other boards.
                    Research how to enter MaskROM mode by Shorting-the-Pins
                    Then with PC is easy fix and burn correct firmware

Comment

I need link download to card CS_TX92_B8 V1.1 20190801.

Comment

Working...
                      X