KM8 Unbox/Tear Down/Redneck review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KM8 Unbox/Tear Down/Redneck review

KM8 PRO 912 OTT 2 GIG 16 GIG TV BOX REVIEW.

THANKS TO
    GEARBEST

FIRST THE PHOTOS THEN THE TALK

http://www.gearbest.com/tv-box-mini-...53.html?wid=21
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 12 photos.
    Last edited by scooter2014; 12-08-2016, 02:47.
    Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 12 photos.
    Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Ok First off this box kinda made me take a second look. The box design works vents in the bottom wow costly power button again a cost connector for wifi. {No wonder they had no money for the box they blew the budget on vents connectors and a power button holy moly!!!} Nan Kingston Sd chips again not the cheapest. Its not a fancy case no metal no external wifi but IT JUST WORKS, The wifi is strong and because its a clip connection adding a external a easy option for those that dont wana start sodering. The os fast smooth and updates just installed with no issues. Heat issues NOTHING not even warm ( I guess all other fancy plates and bits of metal on other 912 devices can be thrown out if a few vents installed. ) Antutu same as most devices 42000. with all my extra apks installed Kodi 17 stock beta 3 installed and an updater ( Most likly the only failing is the addon kodi 17 has ) Installed build 13 FTMC runs no issues , Play store no issues.

So I have to say the box is stable quick runs cool and no real issues to bitch about..... see what a few quality parts will do cheap out on the box not the guts..... simple...

It does have the dumb keyboard q error press enter on keyboard get qqqqqqqqq lol easy fix for this one though... more playing to do maybe even a external mod because they made it so damn easy

so there ya have it not a bad box surprise with the hardware and connectors and board actually not to shabby for the cash. I think this one needs a quick mod and few fixes to be a great little device.

Actually kinda impressed with this device so far. Found it funny that they actually advertise as DRM google widevine level 3 (missed a few but its china they wont pay for the others lol) hehehehe. So anyone that ordered this device you got a pleasent surprise for your cash this time.

Scooter2014.
      Last edited by scooter2014; 12-08-2016, 02:50.

Comment

Nice to see an IPEX connector for the antenna, sure makes it easy to add an external antenna. Though from the read, I see it works fine without it.

But as you say, they made it easy, so I would be inclined to do it, but I'm just funny that way.

Dang the expense, a power button is a plus, I wish they all had them......and the holes, gotta love them holes.

Comment

Received a couple of these boxes and I'm pretty happy.

The only issue I have and can't figure out is, how on earth do you remove shortcuts from the home screen? If you add them, I can't find any way to remove them. I had to find the launcher (vslauncher IIRC) and clear data.

It also has the aforementioned q/enter issue, but it seems like a lot of these boxes do.

Other than those problems, the box is a nice, well priced box.

Comment

Ok to reset home screen go system /apk Then scroll to end of the syatem apk click on vslauncher clear data. Its now reset to put on what you want. I use home launcher so not needed on mine. Others may want to know that so yes goofy issue. (I dont use so no big deal for me. )

Key board i post fix its just a setting but have to re find it.

Comment

Anyone get an OTA update prompt? I'm trying to update mine, but once I click download, it appears to be stuck at 'scanning'.

Comment

Working...
              X