No announcement yet.

Tanix T8 Max Latest Firmware Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because it worked on alf I'd say super Celeron has the most fixes by far... but for stock Rom one of the best I'e seen so far.
    Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
      Because it worked on alf I'd say super Celeron has the most fixes by far... but for stock Rom one of the best I'e seen so far.
      Tnhx for quick reply appreciate. i will try Super celero normal android version, because I'm having random shut downs with this firmware 20170321. I tried to get the build 20170720 from topleo but got no answer

Comment

• scooter2014
        scooter2014 commented
        Editing a comment
        I find reboots normally from heat no software but give it a go.

I have a TX8 Max White box and the ROM's launcher is not looking anything like that except for a dumb ugly MBOX startup flash screen. I can't replace the launcher with another 3rd party one. Is the latest firmware version for this model a ATV stock or a basic Android tablet/phone stock?

Actually I preferred the original Android 6.0 startup flash screen than the ugly MBOX one in their latest BETA firmware.

Bad review on Tanix part. They can't even release a stable Android Nougat ROM for the TX8 MAX and they're already moving on to the TX9 and other models.

So have they officially abandoned all development and updates for the TX8 MAX rom?

If so, this will be the last time I'm buying anything TANIX branded from now on.

Comment

TX8 Max 3/16 DDR4 7.1.2 ATV rom .img (for use with burning tool). Everything working as expected. https://drive.google.com/file/d/11bo...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

Also has built in TWRP 3.1.1 as recovery

Comment

Would anyone know if this rom would work on a H96 pro (not plus)(not the dongle) with an S912 3/16gb ? It is not mine, but have a friend asking for advice on firmware he could load on his h96 pro and a search came up with nothing on the forum. Any advice would be appreciated.

Comment

Can I install this rom with eweat w9-ii?

Comment

Originally posted by bishoplog24 View Post
                TX8 Max 3/16 DDR4 7.1.2 ATV rom .img (for use with burning tool). Everything working as expected. https://drive.google.com/file/d/11bo...ew?usp=sharing
                Thanks for this tip, this runs very smoothly and has made my box better

Comment

Hi,
                  I finally managed to flash the 7.1.2 Beta on my TX8. There is no Play Store and can't manually install it, any suggestions?
                  Is there any other recommended custom 7.1.2 ROM for TX8?

Thanks
                  Elie

Comment

Originally posted by xtazi View Post
                    Hi,
                    I finally managed to flash the 7.1.2 Beta on my TX8. There is no Play Store and can't manually install it, any suggestions?
                    Is there any other recommended custom 7.1.2 ROM for TX8?

Thanks
                    Elie
                    Apparently the firmware i got from Tanix is different, I downloaded the one linked in the posts and it looks great so far.
                    One issue I have is with using other launchers (Nova, etc.), they keep crashing, is there a workaround for that?

Comment

Originally posted by bishoplog24 View Post
                      Can you share some screenshots of this build running on Tanix TX8? Can launcher be changed in this build?
                      Thanks in advance.

Comment

scooter2014
                        Hi i want to install Tanix Tx8 Max Firmware in my Mecool M8S Pro L , though the wifi chip is different, If i swap the wifi folder from mecool into tx8 and change the permission, will it work ?
                        please kindly guide me, this is my model with 3/32gb

Thanks

Comment

Hi, ok i tried Tanix T8 max Img, in my h96 pro plus 3/32gb (9377),its getting bricked, only black screen.tried both the ways with USB Tool and burn card maker with Erase Boot Loader (Not Selected),Means Unchecked, what is the problem any idea? Do i have to install with the Erase Boot loader Ticked Option,I see i have a single 3gb Ram installed, Do the H/W is the problem
                          for getting brick,
                          Thanks.
                          You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by tiku View Post
                            Hi, ok i tried Tanix T8 max Img, in my h96 pro plus 3/32gb (9377),its getting bricked, only black screen.tried both the ways with USB Tool and burn card maker with Erase Boot Loader (Not Selected),Means Unchecked, what is the problem any idea? Do i have to install with the Erase Boot loader Ticked Option,I see i have a single 3gb Ram installed, Do the H/W is the problem
                            for getting brick,
                            Thanks.
                            Hi ,

YES , the difference in HW , bricked it , please for Future , only flash if you exactly know that

the FW you want to flash , works on your Box , now you must unbrick it , as possible ,

with PC or maybe the SDCard Way works , good luck , greetings / gefattern

Comment

Thanks gefattern, but just for my inquisitiveness, superceleron SCV1 BLUE (LPDDR3) PCB Image works perfectly ok in my box, it is also based on Alfawise H/W, then why not Tx8 Max Image?
                              is there a chance that i am using H96 pro plus Boot Loader so its not working, should i try to patch with Complete Erase option including the Boot loader? so the new image will be with the stock bootloader of tx8 max.
                              I have to used pin short method both the times in my previous attempt to revive back my box,as there was original boot loader present in the image, but was not being detected on usb tool,
                              so i am scared if i use erase boot loader option, will i be able to again get it back via Pin Short Method??
                              Please Kindly Reply.

Comment

Working...
                              X