Tanix T8 Max Latest Firmware Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tanix T8 Max Latest Firmware Review

Ok First comment have to give Tanix a hats off for actually going off the normal path and making thier own look and feel. Its actually nice everything works few simple issues but all in usable and flows nice can add icon and found it very easy to navigate. I can see some really liking this Launcher.

So here we go down the Rabbit hole.
    Android 7.1.2 Runs cool. No crashes yet and only one apk wont run and thats Antutu Maybe 7.1.2 issue but more on that later.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170825-212250.png Views:	1 Size:	318.2 KB ID:	665767
    Launcher is ok few clicks to find task bar but click on bottom it popped up can add items each row so works

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170825-215045.png Views:	1 Size:	270.3 KB ID:	665768
    Kodi Loaded with all the crap so I am hoping we can talk them into just dropping this entire add on crap but it can be removed.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170825-214157.png Views:	1 Size:	342.8 KB ID:	665769
    You tube ran smooth clean and seems to have a very crisp video play.... sweet.. (YooOOOO Lou

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170825-214111.png Views:	1 Size:	333.0 KB ID:	665770

Standard You tube apk too nice. My preferred

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170825-214051.png Views:	1 Size:	442.8 KB ID:	665771 Kodi Add ons Yuk but again hope they remove this crap.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170825-214021.png Views:	1 Size:	117.1 KB ID:	665772 Standard DRM yup pretty much. L3

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170825-213824.png Views:	1 Size:	246.9 KB ID:	665773 Blue Tooth works fine nice apk to find it.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170825-213730.png Views:	1 Size:	57.0 KB ID:	665774 Actually has 3 Settings menu 7 stock thier own custom and kinda easy to navigate to all

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170825-213641.png Views:	1 Size:	269.2 KB ID:	665775

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170825-212805.png Views:	1 Size:	332.1 KB ID:	665776 Top Menu and playstore ect all loaded fine download speeds seem standard too.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170825-212245.png Views:	1 Size:	326.3 KB ID:	665777
    Quick access to all your apk and menu options not confusing at all..... (Unlike my spelling )

So heres my verdict. Smooth running firmware I have to give a thumbs up video crisp clean fast cool running and its got a few wierd things like china wifi tester that can go or at least be chosen langage. The ui is smooth and clean no lagging that is noticed. I did this review in chrome so no issues with that browser fine. Well done on your Beta version if every manufacture took this approach it would be nice but this kinda set your device away from the others. Tested on the h96 pro plus as well and its running cooler and better then on that system stock so may also be a plus for those owners.

Not working
    Antutu
    Netflicks (fix found) delete one on box use this one.

Things to remove.
    Kodi addons (also kodi 17.3 loaded before addon downloaded kinda a mess)
    Stock Kodi.
    china wifi apk.

All in think most will be happy with this release its looking very nice keep it up good work.

tested on
    Alf pro plus ddr3 /ddr4/ H96 pro plus ddr4 /s10 (yup one brick out 5 devices typical lol) /Tanix t8 So another good release for all.
    Last edited by scooter2014; 08-26-2017, 04:20.
    Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Hi Scooter ,

the Homescreen and AppDrawer are looking interesting ,

if the size of the Icons can be changed , not bad .

Shall the Launcher work with other Boxes , but why not ???

greetings

gefattern

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170825-225732.png
Views:	271
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	665781 Netflicks not working deleted it installed one I have working now
      Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

No launcher wont work on others yet.

Comment

Kodi auto framerate switch works on this new update?

Comment

No idea and dont care. That great thing about beta firmware everyone can test what jmportant to them and report issues.
            Last edited by scooter2014; 08-26-2017, 21:55.

Comment

thanks for review ,this firmware rooted ?

Comment

You can add Two Orphan Players to the List of the Working the First being the T96 Pro 3gb/16gb Player the Second is the Model M3 M9X 2gb/16gb Player it takes just a bit of Work to make the wifi work After booting you have to add the AP6330 Drivers to /system/wifi/ set the proper permissions and reboot then you have wifi, This would be easy if the Amlogic Customization Tool worked properly with any of the version 7 android systems.

Comment

i view it's rooted but i don't know how activate super su ...

Comment

Install super su. I know 7 issue with update su but not sure.

Comment

I am going to use the microsd card process to load this fw and would like to know if I should check the box to "erase the bootloader" when setting up the sd card in image burner process? I thought I read somewhere that this could cause "brick" issues if it is checked.

Comment

Yes I checked it but didnt affect anything so if concerned dobt check it.

Comment

Got it loaded and running now, so far only issue I have found is es explorer will not run, but had that problem with the last build as well. It just freezes when opening. Haven't tried a different launcher either. I can also say that it is definitely running much cooler and the power on with the remote does work as well.
                          Last edited by neutester; 08-27-2017, 23:15. Reason: temp update and power on update

Comment

Working on mine. Just have to swipe at start up screen

Comment

OK I have now reloaded ES explorer and rebooted and is working now!! Thanks Scooter2014 for all the good advice!! I really like this build!!

Comment

Working...
                              X