Generic H96 pro plus looks same

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Generic H96 pro plus looks same

Got my Generic H96Pro plus during the latest 11/11 sales in AliExpress. Despite claims of an AP6330 wifi, the unit actually has the 9377 wifi label which makes it amenable to using SC's custom ROM (yay!).

Have not tried it out yet as busy.

Looking at the casing design, it is definitely poorly ventilated. Will wait for my dremel tool to put a few holes at the sides and top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have bought a generic one from Banggood and it is yet to be shipped.
    https://www.banggood.com/H96-PRO-PLU...r_warehouse=CN

The Banggood webpage shows a link for stock firmware update.
    Once I download the firmware zip file and unzipped it. The firmware image file has this name:
    aml_7.1_s912_q9377-H96PROPLUS_mac-20170422.img

Can I assume my H96 Pro Plus 3GB/32GB is the same as your box, without opening it up when I receive it?

Comment

These unbranded generic brand boxes is like attempting a lucky draw. Good luck attempting to find the correct firmware that works with the box and be prepared that the firmware version in hand will be if not the only one in existence and one that'll be ever released.

If you've bricked your boxes attempting to flash an experimental ROM that is not confirm yet, the least you should do is to keep a working official one at hand to revive it.

You don't want to be caught with your pants down and a useless brick that will never be revived once broken.

Comment

Working...
      X