Sunvell T95Z Plus - Wifi and Ethernet are both connected but no internet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunvell T95Z Plus - Wifi and Ethernet are both connected but no internet

Hi Folks, I'm having a strange problem with my Sunvell T95Z Plus, I have the 3GB/32GB model (fully stock rom - exactly how it came from Gearbest), and one day the internet just stopped working.

I can connect to WiFi networks, and ethernet as well (I can see that the box has an IP address from my router), but I can't actually hit the internet. If I try to go to a website in the browser, it just says "unable to connect".

I have tried using DHCP and static IP, as well as doing a factory reset and still no luck.

Has anyone else had this problem or does anyone have any suggestions? Much appreciated!

Just wanted to post this for anyone who might find it useful. Turns out the issue was with my router (Netgear R7000) running the stock firmware, I guess a recent firmware update causes an issue not letting android devices connect. Installing DD-WRT on the router instantly fixed the problem.

Comment

Stock firmware won't allow dual connections. You can make your box Into a hot spot while connecting ethernet to router. But you cannot have both active. I found a few apps do not like connecting directly to ethernet, so I have fake wifi setup on ethernet to allow a direct connection, and it also allows wifi to not bother with ip address and Internet connection when wifi is enabled.

Comment

Working...
      X