Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mitchschaft
    replied
    That's exactly what I did. Except I ran the UnSu script before installing magisk. You don't have to though.

Leave a comment:

• Yemble
    replied
    Originally posted by mitchschaft View Post
    You have to run twrp first. Then install magisk in there with their zip file.
    So no requirement to "un-root" the stock ROM first?

So here is what I plan to do:

1) Burn the 7.1.2 ROM via a laptop first and boot into it
    2) Shutdown and boot onto TWRP 3.2.1 via the microSD
    3) Flash Magisk v16 ZIP
    4) Wipe cache
    5) Reboot system

Will this work (assuming that step 1 works on my T95U)?

Leave a comment:

• mitchschaft
    replied
    You have to run twrp first. Then install magisk in there with their zip file.

Leave a comment:

• Yemble
    replied
    That's why I use TWRP. To get Magisk installed. SuperSU causes too many problems nowadays.
    This is how I shafted my T95U in the first place, trying to install Magisk 16. The mistake I made was using the Magisk recommended way of doing it, ie. direct from the Android OS. Now all I get is the Superceleron boot screen

So how, precisely, did you get Magisk installed? (please give me the bullet pointed steps).

Leave a comment:

• mitchschaft
    replied
    That's why I use TWRP. To get Magisk installed. SuperSU causes too many problems nowadays.

Leave a comment:

• Yemble
    replied
    This is an interesting thread for me as I have just shafted my T95U-Pro 2Gb/16Gb box and I need to rebuild it from scratch. Will this T95K-Pro ROM work with the T95U-Pro? My WiFi chip will be the original one, circa Nov 2016, but I'm only really interested in Ethernet connectivity.

Also, is there any way to convert to official SuperSU, or even better, Magisk 16?

Leave a comment:

• mitchschaft
    replied
    This newer version of TWRP installs and works just fine. Also, the LED works, too. I guess that feature can be picky.

TWRP v3.2.1 for q201_N boxes:

https://mega.nz/#!Tw0GjL7Q!V0x50hFnA...ETABdvSe_A-fc4

Leave a comment:

• eggyfresh
    replied
    Hi mitchschaft I haven't had any message back yet but regarding the LED button not working well last night I tested mine and I noticed something if I'm in Kodi the led button will not change or turn off the LED but at the home main menu it works perfect

Leave a comment:

• eggyfresh
    replied
    I meant the same thing. Even after installing this version, I still have to use the toothpick method. I have reflashed several times.

But I've read that others can't get twrp 3.0.2 to work with android 7.1.2. Somebody needs to edit twrp and I just don't know how. I think I'll post in the thread on xda where the original guy got twrp 3.0.2 to work with this box.

*EDIT*
    Apparently the twrp file isn't patched to work with 7.1.2. I have a different file to try. I'll keep this thread updated and share the link if it works.
    If you can keep us all posted that would be great. Thanks mitchschaft

Leave a comment:

• eggyfresh
    replied
    Lol sorry bro missed understood hopefully you'll find a way to get twpr 3.0.2 to work if you do could you post it here aswell please not that I'll use it but others might.

​​​​I'll email sunvell again with details of still having to use toothpick method even though they claim is not needed.

Any info or updates I'll keep u all posted

Leave a comment:

• mitchschaft
    replied
    I meant the same thing. Even after installing this version, I still have to use the toothpick method. I have reflashed several times.

But I've read that others can't get twrp 3.0.2 to work with android 7.1.2. Somebody needs to edit twrp and I just don't know how. I think I'll post in the thread on xda where the original guy got twrp 3.0.2 to work with this box.

*EDIT*
    Apparently the twrp file isn't patched to work with 7.1.2. I have a different file to try. I'll keep this thread updated and share the link if it works.
    Last edited by mitchschaft; 03-12-2018, 05:23.

Leave a comment:

• eggyfresh
    replied
    What I was ment to of said is once the new firmware is installed to the box the toothpick method is not needed if we have a future updates or a reflash maybe TWRP is not compatible with the new 7.1.2 update hopefully TWRP gets updated to support it but I could be wrong as IV never used or learnt how to use or install TWRP, I'll email sunvell and also notify them about the led button not working.

Leave a comment:

• mitchschaft
    replied
    I needed to use the toothpick method even after updating. I also updated using the sd card method just for the heck of it and it worked no problem. I just can't boot to the sd card if the twrp recovery.img is on the card. This version doesn't like twrp for some reason.

Also, I noticed the LED button on the remote no longer functions. So you are stuck with the led being on.

This tool looks promising for objecting twrp into the build. But I can't get it to work. It hangs at 60% . I really need twrp.

Amlogic Flash Tool & Recovery Porter 6OkMMI3WQ9M Welcome to the Amlogic Flash Tool! TOOL IS NOW OBSOLETE, GO TO THIS THREAD FOR NEW PORTING TOOLS/OTHER AMLOGIC TOOLS

Leave a comment:

• eggyfresh
    replied
    I didn't have any issue installing this latest update on both of my T95K Pro boxes. The only issue so far is I can't boot to the sd card using the toothpick method after it's installed. So I can't install TWRP (v3.0.2) like I could with the other versions. Not sure if I'm missing a step so I'll keep working on it.
    Apparently with this new firmware the toothpick method is not needed anymore just plug in the usb cable and the pc will auto detect it but I'm not sure with the SD card method, I'll email sunvell back with issues that have been found and hopefully I can get a solution.

Leave a comment:

• mitchschaft
    replied
    I've been messing with it all night and TWRP 3.0.2 doesn't work with this firmware. This is what I have used on other versions and it gets stuck at the main boot screen (T95K Pro): https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...-plus-t3557812

I've tried the stock 3.0.2 and it will make it past the boot screen, but will hang with "error" and the android guy lying down. So I can only assume that file needs to be fixed somehow. It's probably something little, but I don't have the skills to edit the .img.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X