No announcement yet.

(ROM) Sunvell T95K PRO 7.1 2GB/3GB Firmware Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry for the delay everyone but i just received an update for the T95K PRO 2GB from Sunvell and thought ill share it with you all.

T95KPRO-2GB-v1015: https://mega.nz/#F!5lZSHbYB!gkWtSxJZTsiN0g24tRIyoQ

Comment

Awesome. I hope it's still up in 12 hours when I get home.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchschaft View Post
        Awesome. I hope it's still up in 12 hours when I get home.
        It should be still up but if not i have the file on my pc and i can always upload it to another file storage website

Comment

I just created a mega account, copied it to the account and am also downloading it to my phone. I should be all set. Thanks a lot.

Comment

I just created a mega account, copied it to the account and am also downloading it to my phone. I should be all set. Thanks a lot.
            Your welcome

Comment

also i noticed when you go to settings there isn't a display option all you have to do is go to Settings, Apps, Droid Settings then select open
              Last edited by eggyfresh; 03-07-2018, 04:08.

Comment

Thanks for the tip. I have the files in my possession now!

Have you noticed anything else that's different? I wish they would release a changelog.

Comment

Thanks for the tip. I have the files in my possession now!

Have you noticed anything else that's different? I wish they would release a changelog.
                  Your welcome :-)

I havent really noticed much as only been installing a few apps and sorting out Kodi but what i can say is the box feels more responsive and faster and the Android now is 7.1.2

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	3A8D02B3-30EA-49C9-906B-3A5FEC707F8F.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	75.8 KB ID:	713234I think its time to send her back. I was so pleased to see the update last night. First screen I opened and I’m frozen..... notice the build name as well??

**** edit ***

Sometime within 10 mins it unfroze. Not sure if this is due to the new FW install. I guess Ill find out more tonight.
                    Last edited by Bellita; 03-07-2018, 22:58.

Comment

I didn't have any issue installing this latest update on both of my T95K Pro boxes. The only issue so far is I can't boot to the sd card using the toothpick method after it's installed. So I can't install TWRP (v3.0.2) like I could with the other versions. Not sure if I'm missing a step so I'll keep working on it.

Comment

I've been messing with it all night and TWRP 3.0.2 doesn't work with this firmware. This is what I have used on other versions and it gets stuck at the main boot screen (T95K Pro): https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...-plus-t3557812

I've tried the stock 3.0.2 and it will make it past the boot screen, but will hang with "error" and the android guy lying down. So I can only assume that file needs to be fixed somehow. It's probably something little, but I don't have the skills to edit the .img.

Comment

I didn't have any issue installing this latest update on both of my T95K Pro boxes. The only issue so far is I can't boot to the sd card using the toothpick method after it's installed. So I can't install TWRP (v3.0.2) like I could with the other versions. Not sure if I'm missing a step so I'll keep working on it.
                          Apparently with this new firmware the toothpick method is not needed anymore just plug in the usb cable and the pc will auto detect it but I'm not sure with the SD card method, I'll email sunvell back with issues that have been found and hopefully I can get a solution.

Comment

I needed to use the toothpick method even after updating. I also updated using the sd card method just for the heck of it and it worked no problem. I just can't boot to the sd card if the twrp recovery.img is on the card. This version doesn't like twrp for some reason.

Also, I noticed the LED button on the remote no longer functions. So you are stuck with the led being on.

This tool looks promising for objecting twrp into the build. But I can't get it to work. It hangs at 60% . I really need twrp.

Amlogic Flash Tool & Recovery Porter 6OkMMI3WQ9M Welcome to the Amlogic Flash Tool! TOOL IS NOW OBSOLETE, GO TO THIS THREAD FOR NEW PORTING TOOLS/OTHER AMLOGIC TOOLS

Comment

What I was ment to of said is once the new firmware is installed to the box the toothpick method is not needed if we have a future updates or a reflash maybe TWRP is not compatible with the new 7.1.2 update hopefully TWRP gets updated to support it but I could be wrong as IV never used or learnt how to use or install TWRP, I'll email sunvell and also notify them about the led button not working.

Comment

I meant the same thing. Even after installing this version, I still have to use the toothpick method. I have reflashed several times.

But I've read that others can't get twrp 3.0.2 to work with android 7.1.2. Somebody needs to edit twrp and I just don't know how. I think I'll post in the thread on xda where the original guy got twrp 3.0.2 to work with this box.

*EDIT*
                                Apparently the twrp file isn't patched to work with 7.1.2. I have a different file to try. I'll keep this thread updated and share the link if it works.
                                Last edited by mitchschaft; 03-12-2018, 05:23.

Comment

Working...
                                X