No announcement yet.

(ROM) Sunvell T95K PRO 7.1 2GB/3GB Firmware Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol sorry bro missed understood hopefully you'll find a way to get twpr 3.0.2 to work if you do could you post it here aswell please not that I'll use it but others might.

​​​​I'll email sunvell again with details of still having to use toothpick method even though they claim is not needed.

Any info or updates I'll keep u all posted

Comment

Originally posted by mitchschaft View Post
      I meant the same thing. Even after installing this version, I still have to use the toothpick method. I have reflashed several times.

But I've read that others can't get twrp 3.0.2 to work with android 7.1.2. Somebody needs to edit twrp and I just don't know how. I think I'll post in the thread on xda where the original guy got twrp 3.0.2 to work with this box.

*EDIT*
      Apparently the twrp file isn't patched to work with 7.1.2. I have a different file to try. I'll keep this thread updated and share the link if it works.
      If you can keep us all posted that would be great. Thanks mitchschaft

Comment

Hi mitchschaft I haven't had any message back yet but regarding the LED button not working well last night I tested mine and I noticed something if I'm in Kodi the led button will not change or turn off the LED but at the home main menu it works perfect

Comment

This newer version of TWRP installs and works just fine. Also, the LED works, too. I guess that feature can be picky.

TWRP v3.2.1 for q201_N boxes:

https://mega.nz/#!Tw0GjL7Q!V0x50hFnA...ETABdvSe_A-fc4

Comment

This is an interesting thread for me as I have just shafted my T95U-Pro 2Gb/16Gb box and I need to rebuild it from scratch. Will this T95K-Pro ROM work with the T95U-Pro? My WiFi chip will be the original one, circa Nov 2016, but I'm only really interested in Ethernet connectivity.

Also, is there any way to convert to official SuperSU, or even better, Magisk 16?

Comment

That's why I use TWRP. To get Magisk installed. SuperSU causes too many problems nowadays.

Comment

That's why I use TWRP. To get Magisk installed. SuperSU causes too many problems nowadays.
                This is how I shafted my T95U in the first place, trying to install Magisk 16. The mistake I made was using the Magisk recommended way of doing it, ie. direct from the Android OS. Now all I get is the Superceleron boot screen

So how, precisely, did you get Magisk installed? (please give me the bullet pointed steps).

Comment

You have to run twrp first. Then install magisk in there with their zip file.

Comment

You have to run twrp first. Then install magisk in there with their zip file.
                    So no requirement to "un-root" the stock ROM first?

So here is what I plan to do:

1) Burn the 7.1.2 ROM via a laptop first and boot into it
                    2) Shutdown and boot onto TWRP 3.2.1 via the microSD
                    3) Flash Magisk v16 ZIP
                    4) Wipe cache
                    5) Reboot system

Will this work (assuming that step 1 works on my T95U)?

Comment

That's exactly what I did. Except I ran the UnSu script before installing magisk. You don't have to though.

Comment

That's exactly what I did. Except I ran the UnSu script before installing magisk. You don't have to though.
                        If it worked for you, then that is exactly what I will do.

I presume that you ran UnSu in the same TWRP session as the Magisk install?

Also, would you please clarify which WiFi chip is in your T95K.

Cheers for the clarification

Comment

I've done it in same and different sessions. I have the 6255 chip

Comment

I've done it in same and different sessions. I have the 6255 chip
                            Unfortunately, this ROM did not boot in my T95U-Pro, however, I have worked out a similar solution here: http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...gb-16gb-v7-1-1

Comment

Originally posted by Yemble View Post

So no requirement to "un-root" the stock ROM first?

So here is what I plan to do:

1) Burn the 7.1.2 ROM via a laptop first and boot into it
                              2) Shutdown and boot onto TWRP 3.2.1 via the microSD
                              3) Flash Magisk v16 ZIP
                              4) Wipe cache
                              5) Reboot system

Will this work (assuming that step 1 works on my T95U)?
                              Where can i download Android 7.1.2 ? i see the link in the first post but only for 7.1.1
                              i'm using T95u Pro 2/16 gb box

Comment

How come we cannot change screen resolution in this firmware Eggyfresh posted for T95K Pro https://mega.nz/#F!5lZSHbYB!gkWtSxJZTsiN0g24tRIyoQ

Comment

Working...
                                X