S922 - What's happening?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S922 - What's happening?

Any rumors of new TV boxes coming out soon with the new Amlogic S922 processor (supersedes the venerable S912)? Thanks!

Always rumours: on internet, keep an eye on CES
    If all else fails Make it up

Seriously: we can only hope.
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

I'm really looking forward to the S922. I think it would make for a pretty good TV box and if equipped with a few gigs of RAM, would make for a nice little "mini-computer" for my TV.

Comment

Guys, I have been waiting for the S922 for almost a year. Does anyone have any idea where we can find the answer? It may be better to stop waiting and buy S905X2 or another .

Comment

They're working on it is the best I can get so far
          A 905x2 would be a OK fillerin for now.
          treboR
          Please consider
          Donating to Freaktab

Comment

I'm also anxiously waiting for the S922 but unfortunately I don't have too many hopes it will be released anytime soon. It might have to do with the manufacturing that they chose for it or they have some issues on the software side.
            I see some dev boards and stuff released with the RK3399 so I assume the S922 is not going to be released too soon. It seems that all companies are competing in the quad core el cheapo TV market so there seems to be little interest in anything more powerful.

Comment

I'm beginning to believe that the S922 is a unicorn. I haven't come across any recent news of any manufactures making Android media boxes from this processor. Darn...

Comment

• trebor
                trebor commented
                Editing a comment
                It's only a Unicorn if you believe in Unicorns

• mo123
                mo123 commented
                Editing a comment
                Odroid already released the N2 S922 device.

Ot might come at one point but I think Amlogic is not in any hurry to release this one.
              The TV box market seems to be price oriented and their quad core S905x2 seems to be doing quite well or at least it's what they want to compete with.
              Personally I think quad core A53 is too weak for TV box with Android and for sure some A73s would help but I don't see any companies in a hurry to release anything. There's the old RK3399 but it's not thet impressive and quite pricey.

Comment

Why would they send a new chip when they even conveniently support what they have in the market?
                S912 with android 7? My next box will be a rockchip or a Pentium mini PC.

Enviado do meu SM-G9650 atrav?s do Tapatalk

Comment

Actually Rockchip doesn't really have anything interesting in my opinion. The RK3399 is not that powerful and it's quite expensive. Starting at $150 you're able to get some Intel fanless designs, inclusing the low power I3s which are much more powerful and support any OS you want without any of the software issues that the crappy ARM boxes have.
                  I'll probably end up buying some Intel stuff and just putting Android X86 on it, even if it costs a bit more it will be much more powerful and software support for Intel is great. I don't really recommend the Pentium or Celerons though , they have some software issues sometimes and for just a bit more you can get some good fanless I3 boxes on Ali or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Marius Cirsta View Post
                    Actually Rockchip doesn't really have anything interesting in my opinion. The RK3399 is not that powerful and it's quite expensive. Starting at $150 you're able to get some Intel fanless designs, inclusing the low power I3s which are much more powerful and support any OS you want without any of the software issues that the crappy ARM boxes have.
                    I'll probably end up buying some Intel stuff and just putting Android X86 on it, even if it costs a bit more it will be much more powerful and software support for Intel is great. I don't really recommend the Pentium or Celerons though , they have some software issues sometimes and for just a bit more you can get some good fanless I3 boxes on Ali or something.
                    Anything better than AMlogic right now. But yes rockchip not so powerful but at least as support.

Probably will be one of i3s box when I get tired or fixing my beelink to see ac3 channels and other bullshit

Enviado do meu SM-G9650 atrav?s do Tapatalk

Comment

end of this year , maybe

Comment

If end of this year (maybe) then the S922 will be 1 year old from when it was first launched. Obsolete by then and missed the mark.

Comment

• mo123
                          mo123 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Yes, same as the Rockchip RK3399 that was late by over a year.
                          When the S922 is more readily available, Rockchip and other companies will also have newer, more powerful devices ready by then again.

What's happening..
                        Beelink King is on the way http://www.bee-link.com/forum.php?mo...read&tid=47578

Ugoos am6 is in the works https://ugoos.com/ugoos-am6-amlogic-...android-tv-box

Odroid N2 https://www.hardkernel.com/shop/odro...th-4gbyte-ram/

Vim3 https://forum.khadas.com/t/khadas-vi...hing-soon/4103

All happening soon
                        treboR
                        Please consider
                        Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Working...
                        X