No announcement yet.

Amlogic S922X Let's get things Interesting,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys look at this(from Beelink Forum)

Power Adapter "explosion"

what the hell out there

Comment

Yes they purchased from Ali that is known for replacing the certified power packs with junky power packs
      Its obvious that is not a Beelink Certified Power pack

treboR
      Please consider
      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
        Yes they purchased from Ali that is known for replacing the certified power packs with junky power packs
        Its obvious that is not a Beelink Certified Power pack

Hi ,

i already bought Powersupplys from Ali.... , and they all good , with CE & FCC , well build ,

you only have to search good for the right Seller ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

I'v already in my hand 12V/3A (Local PSU manufacturer and I also bought from this manufacturer in
          the past for my other devices such 5V/3A and 5V/4A too

mine 12V/3A is>>>> http://www.yildirimadaptor.com.tr/_p...i/CYS_4000.pdf

Comment

and until now Beelink not respond(check their Forum)

Comment

• blinkone
              blinkone commented
              Editing a comment
              Beelink have weekend's just like the rest of us,Give them chance

since a long time I do always use my own PSUs!!

Comment

how about this one?

Comment

• trebor
                trebor commented
                Editing a comment
                Looks Ok...if you think you really need....

well after all that,I just confuse and scare

kinda King is over for me!
              AM6,I do not know and still not trust!

Shield 4/5yo model!

RK3399 "good" but very bad!

My Desktop PC rock

Comment

• trebor
                trebor commented
                Editing a comment
                Well you are only scaring yourself with YOUR own negative approach to how you think it will be.
                You have two EYES, two EARS one MOUTH

Use them wisely, not just for the sake of BOX BASHING or trolling around with your comments that really don't help anyone
                The Sky is not falling....

treboR
              Please consider
              Donating to Freaktab

Comment

SC has been busy a new ATV rom for the GTKing

treboR
                Please consider
                Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Khadas VIM3 Won?t Use S922X

So what SoC will it be?

VIM3 v11 Top Photograph - without an S922X SoC. Hi Khadas Members,

This news may come as a shock to some of you, so carefully put down your morning coffee and read this sentence three times:
                  The Khadas VIM3 SBC which will officially launch this June 24th, will not use the Amlogic S922X SoC.

You?re probably feeling confused now. However, we?ve had to make this decision for several reasons, the most notable of which will be mentioned below:
                  A & B Versions:

Amlogic?s S922X SoC actually has two versions, A and B. The Odroid-N2 uses the A-version, which has four Cortex A73s clocked at 1.7Ghz (then overclocked to 1.9Ghz). However soon after this article is published, Amlogic will release a B-version, clocked at 2.2Ghz.

CPU clock comparison between A and B versions.

Apart from a faster clock speed, there?s probably a good reason why the ?B-version? exists. Examining the source code, you will start to wonder why the S922X ?A-version? runs it?s Cortex A73 ?high-performance? cores at 1.7Ghz, whilst the A53 ?efficiency-cores? run at 1.8Ghz.

Because VIM3 has not been mass-produced yet, we will be able to switch to the newer B-version. Using just one SoC version rather than ?A for early-birds, and B for everyone else?, will also allow us to be fair to our early supporters, giving them a newer and faster SoC.
                  2.5 TOPS NPU:

Another reason why VIM3 won?t use the S922X, is the lack of an NPU. It has been mentioned a few times on our forum and social media, that your VIM3 will have an NPU to accelerate tasks involving neural network processing, for artificial-intelligence applications.

NPUs are useful for optimising tasks such as facial recognition, object detection, voice recognition, etc. Unlike our previous NPU attempt, the RK3399Pro, Amlogic?s new SoC will be produced with the same 12nm process and is pin-to-pin compatible with the S922X; for good thermal and PCB space-usage efficiency.

You may already be familiar with Google?s Cloud TPUs, complex power-hungry nodes designed to ?train neural networks? deep within cloud data centers. However can such intensive training be performed in an SBC? The short answer is yes. The NPU in a VIM3 is able to perform both training and inference learning locally.

This breakthrough in NPU technology makes VIM3 ideal for A.I applications located at the edge of IoT networks; reducing latency and improving the security of A.I workloads, as they can be trained and executed locally on VIM3 devices, rather than having to be uploaded into a centralised cloud where data may be compromised by 3rd parties.

In the coming weeks, we will help developers by updating Khadas Docs with more instructions on how to install neural network tool-kits like Tensorflow, on your VIM3:

https://docs.khadas.com/vim3/InstallTensorFlow.html
                  Which SoC Will VIM3 Use:

We have already confirmed the SoC, however we can only tell you what it is in next week?s announcement. Gouwa is quite confident that members who have already reserved their VIM3 last week, will be ecstatic when they hear the good news.

What we can tell you, is that on launch day the VIM3?s SoC will be pin-to-pin compatible with the S922X ?B-version? with the addition of MIPI-CSI and an NPU; all S922X software can be run on it directly, without any modifications.
                  VIM3 Contest:

The contest to reserve a VIM3 at $69.99 and $99.99 will end on 24th June, so you only have another 6 days left to grab this discount price. If you haven?t yet reserved a VIM3 yet for yourself and your friends, do join the contest here: https://khadas.com/vim3.

Be reminded that your VIM3 discount coupon will be valid from 24 June to 22 July, however no new discount coupons will be issued after 24 June - so these 6 days are your last opportunity to reserve a VIM3 at $69.99 (Basic) and $99.99 (Pro), respectively.

Response has been good so far, and we hope that you will be thrilled.

Good luck!

Khadas Team

One more thing...
                  VIM3 v11, What?s New:

We?ve just completed a VIM3 v11 small production run of 100 units.
                  • Fixed VIM3 v10 bugs.
                  • Added a VIN connector to the bottom-side for power input.
                  • Added M-Register (eMMC) & S-Register (SPI Flash).
                  • Adjustment of silkscreen printing of logos and graphics.
                  • Updated v11 Specifications, DXF, Schematic, and PCB Drawing.

VIM3 v11 Bottom Photograph - VIN port is to the right of the TF card slot.

Gouwa, Kenny and You Jun with 100 pieces of VIM3 v11.
                  treboR
                  Please consider
                  Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Like the addition of the VIN connector.

Comment

treboR
                      Please consider
                      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

A bit of a deal on the UGOOS AM6 can be found:

UGOOS AM6 S922X TV Box Android 9.0: $119.9 coupon code: GBCNUGAM6: https://des.gbtcdn.com/uploads/pdm-desc-pic/Electronic/image/2019/06/10/20190610150501_73170.jpg (https://www.gearbest.com/tv-box/pp_009915737824.html?wid=1433363&lkid=41665984) Main Features ● Android 9.0 operation system ● Amlogic S922X CPU,
                        treboR
                        Please consider
                        Donating to Freaktab

Comment

The introduction of the Raspberry Pi 4 with what looks like pretty decent specs may likely put the cat amongst the pigeons and force some price drops for the Chinese boxes and boards in order to compete.

R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Working...
                          X