X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• morzamen
    replied
    Originally posted by ClarkKent View Post

Wow! I thought the bigs were running Below 2ghz? Seems way fast enough for FT TYPICAL USERS.
    Yur Not overclocked, huh?

btw: googly YuTube is supposed to be non-detected by vance, and visa-versa I hear.
    You have the "micro-G" app key loaded, and ck'd yur through-put of streamed data?
    Yur on the nonRoot vance? ...just curious
    Hi,
    This box comes with the new chip Amlogic A311D/S922X-B, faster and better.
    All the GT King boxes with S/N B922 come with this chip.

Leave a comment:

• ClarkKent
    replied
    Originally posted by morzamen View Post
    My GT King with faster S922X-B chip...
    Wow! I thought the bigs were running Below 2ghz? Seems way fast enough for FT TYPICAL USERS.
    Yur Not overclocked, huh?

btw: googly YuTube is supposed to be non-detected by vance, and visa-versa I hear.
    You have the "micro-G" app key loaded, and ck'd yur through-put of streamed data?
    Yur on the nonRoot vance? ...just curious

Leave a comment:

• clarkss12
    replied
    Originally posted by tombraga View Post
    i am connected with ethernet, about 90 MB/s download speed.

The speed is not the problem, i use the same connection as with my old Mecool (S912) and also the same TV - but there i could choose until 4 k in Youtube clips. Don't understand this.

My usage is Kodi, Film-tools, Sat-IP etc. this all works normally

But i cannot understand why Youtube is so limited in quality with so such high hardware values of this box...???
    I have been using Superceleron's ATV port, then using Sasvlad's ATV port. All the YouTube 4k videos play perfectly. But there is not frame rate switching. I also dual boot with CoreELEC and the 4k video files play perfectly, even automatic frame rate switching works great.....

I don't recall how YouTube played with the stock firmware.

Edit: I did some more investigating of YouTube running under CoreELEC and it will ONLY play in 720p. I have to use the Kodi overlayment code to see what it is actually playing............. Visually, it looks good, even thought it is only playing in 720p.

Leave a comment:

• morzamen
    replied
    My GT King with faster S922X-B chip...
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• tombraga
    replied
    i am connected with ethernet, about 90 MB/s download speed.

The speed is not the problem, i use the same connection as with my old Mecool (S912) and also the same TV - but there i could choose until 4 k in Youtube clips. Don't understand this.

My usage is Kodi, Film-tools, Sat-IP etc. this all works normally

But i cannot understand why Youtube is so limited in quality with so such high hardware values of this box...???

Leave a comment:

• clarkss12
    replied
    Originally posted by tombraga View Post
    I got my box today, but first impression was not so good.

Installed youtube and also vanced youtube, but in the 2 apps the same, very poor quality, cannot understand this...??

When i click the quality icon (3 points) there is automatical level always with 480 and when i go to the 1080 (which is the highest that is shown???) i got pixels in the clip
    and when i load a 4K video there is also 1080 the highest to choose...

Anybody else got this problem? with my broken Mecool i could see also the 4K videos.
    Are you connected with Wi-Fi or ethernet? What are your usage for that box?

Leave a comment:

• tombraga
    replied
    I got my box today, but first impression was not so good.

Installed youtube and also vanced youtube, but in the 2 apps the same, very poor quality, cannot understand this...??

When i click the quality icon (3 points) there is automatical level always with 480 and when i go to the 1080 (which is the highest that is shown???) i got pixels in the clip
    and when i load a 4K video there is also 1080 the highest to choose...

Anybody else got this problem? with my broken Mecool i could see also the 4K videos.

Leave a comment:

• sesdave
    replied
    I already put link for the Alvatech rom which is a custom rom based on the latest beelink rom. There are 2 versions which cover all current models.

Leave a comment:

• tombraga
    replied
    What is the latest rom and where can i make the download?

Leave a comment:

• sesdave
    replied
    Alvatech has just released a nice v1.1 rom for the s922 and b922 versions of the box. Nice clean rom - very smooth. Also includes TWRP
    http://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-p...-9-0-pie-s922x

Leave a comment:

• tombraga
    replied
    Did you try nova launcher pro already? I use it on all my different boxes, but i am still waiting for my King.

In the settings you can define standard home the launcher what you want normaly

Leave a comment:

• al8782
    replied
    Has anyone got the leanback launcher to work on this box. I installed, but it doesn?t show up as an option to make it home screen.

I tried ATV launcher and it runs very bad on this box.

Also does anyone know how or what is needed to customize the home screen? I would like to add Kodi shortcut in place of the movie image.

Leave a comment:

• trebor
    replied

working ok here pick HK W/house

Leave a comment:

• ClarkKent
    replied
    Originally posted by trebor View Post
    A few more dollyroo's to save on GT KING
    perhaps not set up yet?
    I get a smiley face, but not discount?
    until 31aug.?! How generous these days.