• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trebor View Post
    Positive or + to Centre
    Negative or - to the Outer
    Should be a symbol like below

Anything else may let the magic smoke out

Are there any power adapters that have it reversed?
    I mean, i thought it was a standard. Positive always on the inside and negative always on the outside.

Enviado do meu POCOPHONE F1 atrav?s do Tapatalk

Comment

Yes they do exist
      I have one on a light that goes around the Lense of a Camera/Microscope its reversed..
      Normally they are all OK Few seconds to check and confirm saves grief later

Just don't Plug the 12 volt one into a 5 volt Unit.

If you have 5v and 12v devices together
      Always good to put a bit of Tap on the 12v box and power pack.and connector

Especially if your cables look a little like a spaghetti jungle and you plug things in at odd hours when the Brain is not 100% focused.

treboR
      Please consider
      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Daaaamn... Good thing mine is standard, cuz i didn't even bother to check b4 plugging it. ah ah ah ah
        But I'll definitely have in consideration b4 plugging in new ones

Enviado do meu POCOPHONE F1 atrav?s do Tapatalk

Comment

I?m not able to play any 4K streams using Kodi with this box. I?m use real debrid with some 3rd party add-ons.

My Video resolution settings in kodi are greyed out. My everyday box is a dual boot LibreELEC Zoomtak T8 plus-2 which I run Kodi on Linux. I?m not very familiar running Kodi on Android so I?m not sure if this is box related or Kodi related.

Other than that the box seems to work pretty good for what I used it for. Not being able to stream 4K links is a bummer.

Comment

For King Box;use at least 12V/2A but more sufficiend/powered use 3Amper!
            if you will connect more then 1HDD disk!
            Saturday I'm gonna to buy 3A from our local market(mostly all Chinese PSU worst quality!)

I also use my ex Boxes with these more powered Local market PSU(for 5V devices)

++

When I used my ex Beelink device(GT1-Ultimate=one of my other worst device!!)
            F/W always issue,even Launcher or Ethernet/WiFi speed and etc.,

This time why I bought another Beelink again

Comment

• mo123
              mo123 commented
              Editing a comment
              Reading about all the problems, I'm glad I waited and will get a Ugoos AM6 and/or Vim 3 instead.

• superceleron
              superceleron commented
              Editing a comment
              Hmm im also getting a VIM3

Hello...

I have got my Beelink GT King today (from Geekbuying). Beside the Specs which suggest it already the thing is really fast.

I wanted to test this box for the usage as a signage player.

But unfortunately the firmware is not shwing a good implementation. I was surprised and disappointed because there is a major flaw in the firmware (again, because it was the same on the Gt1 Ultimate).

The Webview implementation is not selectable the only option you have is Android System Webview. If Chrome is installed it should offer also "Chrome stable" but again its not.
            Unfortunately this makes it impossible to use this box for playing complex html5 spots as the Android System Webview is performing really lousy and also creating Mem-leaks.

I wonder if someone out there is having the same issue. For me the fun with this box was over already after a view minutes. I did send an Email to Beelink already, lets see if the will reply.

If there is no solution I will have to count on Ugoos new beast, the 4 GB Ram version will be available in July

Comment

Hi guys

-Probably a new and again another "disappoinment" box "As Usual"!

And seems that we bought this Box very "early"!

Note;I'm a ex-"GT-1 Ultimate" user;its for me;one of the worst Box ever

And seems that King has use same as "Ultimate" F/W like a Joke or WTF!

-I'v contacted with Ugoos several time(for AM6 and my last chat today morning and they recognize me from
              FREAKTAB FORUM)

well its good for Freaktab forum as well

Their first release date around begin May and than end of may then.......so on
              now they said JULY

-S922X O.K (or is it OK)
              "Firmware" question mark?

-"Beelink Forum" just ignore it !
              They are not publish my one message(or might two) !!!

"Nothing Forum"=Beelink
              So do not wait anything from them!

Just follow Freaktab.forum only

++

Comment

• trebor
                trebor commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes Ugoos will get it easy.
                Sit back look at all the issues happening, they will do some research on the issues and may be fix

Never easy being first on the Block with a new toy.

Most problems I think will be around A9 getting compatible with going backwards,
                Users assuming/Guessing what was working in older o/s will work in newer o/s

We all know new boxes, new chip and newish o/s are full of quirks and DANGERS

Will ugoos go A9 maybe, maybe not, might be easier to go 8.1 to be more compatible

Enjoy the Ride People cause its Gunna get worse

or you could always but a rockchip 3399 or other RK boxes but I wont Bash em here

yep you right Trebor+

Today when we chat with Ugoos;especially they described/pointed one think;need time to fix/stable something else!!!
              so seems that till now its not full stable/ready with new chip! and also they followed on the market(especially they
              followed King box as well!!)

So,need time to release! as they said around "JULY"!!

Comment

• trebor
                trebor commented
                Editing a comment
                July 2019 or 2020...Joking yes
                All things take time.....

Ugoos/some says JUNE some says JULY
              and tomorrow thay can say "cancelled of production"

BTW they follow up this forum too

Comment

N2 and Khadas
                always my in my list!

But those are SBC or kinda prof.devices,we need "end user Box"!
                If they available and selling fm our Chines sellers that will be good too

Comment

• trebor
                  trebor commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Both can be used as a normal box with ease, But have the option to go elsewhere and do other things with ease.
                  The Khadas has the built in WiFi and eMMC etc,
                  Both have the Points of interest

Originally posted by bergamesk View Post
                For King Box;use at least 12V/2A but more sufficiend/powered use 3Amper!
                if you will connect more then 1HDD disk!
                Saturday I'm gonna to buy 3A from our local market(mostly all Chinese PSU worst quality!)

I also use my ex Boxes with these more powered Local market PSU(for 5V devices)

++

When I used my ex Beelink device(GT1-Ultimate=one of my other worst device!!)
                F/W always issue,even Launcher or Ethernet/WiFi speed and etc.,

This time why I bought another Beelink again
                12v/1.5a is more than enough for this box. If you added up the power usage of the box with multiple hard drives connected, it still would not get near to the 18w limit.
                R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

nope;more than 1 ext.HDD 1,5A not enough and you use Toshiba Canvio HDD certainly never enough(tested with my older
                  devices if there is 1/1,5A never!!)

King;1,5Amper OK enough only Device internal system use! and might be 1 ext HDD(1T/2Tb)

Connect 1 or 2 ext-HDD-with powered bu USB3.0 port>>>(at least 1Tb)>>check rewind&fast-forward and see whats going on there!

So 1,5Amper very "limited"!
                  And do not trust those "cheap PSU" too

Good luck guys++

Comment

well I have to buy KHADAS!
                    End user-Completed type(incl.Android 7/8/9 doesnt matter or which one is stable)

And "RK3399" should be definitely! Just ignore it "others"

Comment

Originally posted by bergamesk View Post
                      nope;more than 1 ext.HDD 1,5A not enough and you use Toshiba Canvio HDD certainly never enough(tested with my older
                      devices if there is 1/1,5A never!!)

King;1,5Amper OK enough only Device internal system use! and might be 1 ext HDD(1T/2Tb)

Connect 1 or 2 ext-HDD-with powered bu USB3.0 port>>>(at least 1Tb)>>check rewind&fast-forward and see whats going on there!

So 1,5Amper very "limited"!
                      And do not trust those "cheap PSU" too

Good luck guys++
                      You just have to do the maths.

You have 18 watts to play with and even if you fully populate every port and turn everything on, there will still be plenty of capacity left.
                      R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Most TVs don't really upscale or refuce noise very well, but I am looking at the S922X chipset because it does list upscaling and noise reduction, just wondering if anyone has checked that out with many sources like 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i and 1080p....I would like to see if what is claimed actually does a decent job or not.

My library mainly consists of 720p with other formats too, but most are encoded mkv from h264 and h265 sources.

Hopefully it does well, not sure what can be done to really improve picture quality.

Comment

Working...
                        X