Beelink GTKing Amlogic S922X 4/64GB Dual AC WiFi-MIMI GiG Lan BT4.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post

Have you tried the Coreelec N2 image to see if it works on the King?
    I have not tried it, thought about trying it. They said on their link, that it could possibly brick this box........... So, I was not sure I wanted to try it, at this point in time.

Edit: I went ahead and downloaded the CoreELEC image for this ** KING ** box, and created a bootable microSD card. From the Beelink GT-King Android OS, I used a terminal emulator to "reboot update" into the bootloader. The CoreELEC would NOT load. There are 3 different device trees for the Odroid N, but none of those device trees would work on this device...............
    Last edited by clarkss12; 05-30-2019, 16:31.
    MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by bergamesk View Post

"As usual"

Or another "Disappointment" Box as usual!

well all of your comments,that means "sound is not good"! for me

"S922X" might be for some actions good or very good etc., but who care if the Box has bad or mediocre etc., we have to look at
      the ROM !!
      Seems need lot of bug-fixes and more...

My Box still in Post Office due to custom clearance purposes as this takes more time here in Turkey
      and expecting delivery time next week!
      After all those reviews/comments;I do not open and use this Box and I put on my Sale list "as usual"
      And wanna give a new order for AM6 by UGOOS

Their release time around JULY begin or late I do not know!
      I'v contacted with Ugoos Co.(Dear Nancy)
      Seems that before mass production; firmware still not ready!

Note;I told her KODI; 4K Streams+Video files ""Colour Washed-out"" issue two times;and I said that pls check it!!

This is unacceptable problem!!

++

Seems VC-1 does not support WTF

++
      Note;
      Hey Clark will you pls check KODI 4K Stream+Videos>>>colour washed-out????

Thanks and bye++
      I also fought with the issue of the colors being ** washed ** on some of my boxes running on my Samsung 4k TV. I found out that my TV does NOT support HDR. The settings on most of my boxes, has the "SDR to HDR" enabled. When this option is enabled, the colors are ** washed ** out. So, check that setting that is located under "Display".
      MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

• trebor
        trebor commented
        Editing a comment
        Does the Basic media player that is installed on the box Play files as required, my Sony 4k had no issues and color was excellent

Regarding Plex I am finding even on my SONY TV it is having trouble finding all Drives/files so something gone a bit off with plex.

trebor. I have to disable the SDR to HDR in the settings, or the colors are washed out. I have the same issue on my Nvidia Shield, I have to disable that option also....... So, it is specific to my Samsung 4k TV.

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
        trebor. I have to disable the SDR to HDR in the settings, or the colors are washed out. I have the same issue on my Nvidia Shield, I have to disable that option also....... So, it is specific to my Samsung 4k TV.
        Can you see any" benefits"using beelink vs nvidia?

Comment

Originally posted by bajann View Post

Can you see any" benefits"using beelink vs nvidia?
          There is none, zilch, nada......... only good for tinkering and frustration.......... Beelink sent it to me for testing........

Comment

There is none, zilch, nada......... only good for tinkering and frustration.......... Beelink sent it to me for testing........
            But I don't know why all is"silent "about media player possibilities on new Amlogic s905x2 ,s922 vs Amlogic s905x s912.What about deintelacing I didn't read any post about interlaced video ,This is early stage but I think maybe Amlogic needs some .....time

Comment

This Comment was found and sorta has a point I feel

It is wrong to immediately jump to a comparison between the King and the Shield. Amlogic made the new S922X SoC compete with Rockchip RK3399, Allwinner, Realtek, and Himedia(the HiSilicon brand for this segment). And mission accomplished, the chip outperforms its main competition in practically every category.

The fact that the device is limited to 32-bit mode reflects negatively back on Amlogic. They create a base Android 9.0 SDK for their chips which is protected proprietary software and leave it to the manufacturer's and developers to generate the appropriate binaries and libraries to optimize the system. In this case, Beelink went with 32-bit mode to limit the bugs and limit their in-house developmental time.

To sum up my rant, I agree that this box is overpriced still yet. A price point at $90 to $100 would be more ideal and only then would I consider buying one of these to tinker with. Wait for 6 to 8 months and see what other manufacturers and developers can do to generate more performance and optimize the OS for this chipset.
              @ETA_PRIME good review very much enjoys your channel. Cheers mate.

treboR
              Please consider
              Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Hi ,

dont know it already known : new Rom ???

You have now ready to download a new firmware dated 05-27-2019 valid for the Box with Android 9.0 Beelink GT-King from which you can read our Review. The

greetings / gefattern

Comment

I'm laughing
                am I??

KING,look at the model name "King"!
                For whats King

I love those Chines

++

Again make chat with Ugoos as usual!
                They are not ready yet! at least seems that 2/3 months delayed first May than June now July ......well August or
                Sept. its not come to not surprise

BTW My Box cleared from the Customs but its delivered until 10/12June due to our local Religious long holiday season
                Therefore I'v opened a Sale item list for this King(in our Local Internet Shop) and I'll sale it immy without opened the Box!

And get to waiting AM6!!
                Weather is extremely high right now Beach Time guys +Beer Time

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
                  This Comment was found and sorta has a point I feel

It is wrong to immediately jump to a comparison between the King and the Shield. Amlogic made the new S922X SoC compete with Rockchip RK3399, Allwinner, Realtek, and Himedia(the HiSilicon brand for this segment). And mission accomplished, the chip outperforms its main competition in practically every category.

The fact that the device is limited to 32-bit mode reflects negatively back on Amlogic. They create a base Android 9.0 SDK for their chips which is protected proprietary software and leave it to the manufacturer's and developers to generate the appropriate binaries and libraries to optimize the system. In this case, Beelink went with 32-bit mode to limit the bugs and limit their in-house developmental time.

To sum up my rant, I agree that this box is overpriced still yet. A price point at $90 to $100 would be more ideal and only then would I consider buying one of these to tinker with. Wait for 6 to 8 months and see what other manufacturers and developers can do to generate more performance and optimize the OS for this chipset.
                  @ETA_PRIME good review very much enjoys your channel. Cheers mate.

Can you paint on points, is it the new s922 better than 912 or Amlogic s905x (android 6,7) from your point of view?1)faster ,2)USB 3.0 better GPU,better performance but what about video reproduction...is it on same lvl or maybe down in this early stage ....Or maybe king (s922) is better vs hisilicon ,realtek .For now I think is not on same lvl is not better (media player)I hope Amlogic will improve with time and for 6-7 months can be better I rly hope

Comment

I'm just confuse with those AMLogic toys!

Faster;OK try it and see it A95X MAX(kinda super fast! and I'm not sure 922 more faster?? or is it)
                    well at least these Boxes "fast" and is it finished everything?? sure nope

Such RK3399 even very fast too or a little bit then 922 but this RK3399 give you very good picture quality! better then any AML(I do not
                    know 922 and I guess 3399 still more better then 922)

But 3399 worst ROM/FW etc., support sucks etc.,

++

"KHADAS";my request list number one,probably I'll buy one soon

Comment

Hey Guys. i'm written on beelink forum that the inside the beelink king exist second microphone wich works all the time. When you disconecting remote control with voice, tv box still listening you.

http://www.bee-link.com/forum.php/fo...extra=page%3D1
                      With kind regards
                      YouTube channel TECHNOZON
                      youtube.com/zorronder

Comment

Originally posted by Zorronder View Post
                        Hey Guys. i'm written on beelink forum that the inside the beelink king exist second microphone wich works all the time. When you disconecting remote control with voice, tv box still listening you.

http://www.bee-link.com/forum.php/fo...extra=page%3D1
                        Hell, I can't even get the stock remote to listen to me.

Comment

A second microphone Stereo recording cool

All Russian to me...i will drink some more Vodka to see if i can find the spot that it mentions
                          treboR
                          Please consider
                          Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Hell, I can't even get the stock remote to listen to me.
                            Try to hold the button when speaking
                            With kind regards
                            YouTube channel TECHNOZON
                            youtube.com/zorronder

Comment

Working...
                            X