No announcement yet.

Beelink GTKing Amlogic S922X 4/64GB Dual AC WiFi-MIMI GiG Lan BT4.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I noticed that B922X is a little more hot and i assume it's because it goes to 2200MHz !
    One thing it's for sure!
    Android Pie needs more work to these tv boxes!

Comment

Yes Pie is New like all before it with A7 and A8, all takes time a patience...
      Will happen not just over night
      treboR
      Please consider
      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

I think I read somewhere that Beelink is supposedly coming out with a "pro" version of the King that will have vents built in the case to better dissipate heat from the ramped up processor (S922B).

Comment

Originally posted by Venusflytrap View Post
          I think I read somewhere that Beelink is supposedly coming out with a "pro" version of the King that will have vents built in the case to better dissipate heat from the ramped up processor (S922B).
          So , i'll better make my own PRO version !!!!!!!
          I'll open some holes and i mod a ''strong'' 5v fan and i'll ......wait for better PIE firmwares.................!
          EDIT : Oups.....!
          It has 12v power so ....even better and stronger air flow!!!
          EDIT2 : I found a very strong 12v fan that works also very very good and at 5v and i didn't take power from inside the pcb!
          I used the ''classic'' usb plug for it!
          And now ..... HOLES many holes ..........!

Last edited by gatos814; 08-14-2019, 23:37.

Comment

So my first impression with the strong air fan and the holes the temperature is about 10 degrees Celsius lower!

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20190817.jpg Views:	0 Size:	68.2 KB ID:	781423

Comment

Originally posted by gatos814 View Post
              So my first impression with the strong air fan and the holes the temperature is about 10 degrees Celsius lower!

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20190817.jpg Views:	0 Size:	68.2 KB ID:	781423
              I made this holes on my box, under the box to fresh air goes in and lateral ones to hot air go out.
              I use a small and silent fan 50mmX50mm attached under the box. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190810-091225_Gallery.jpg
Views:	782
Size:	157.1 KB
ID:	781434Click image for larger version

Name:	20190810_091426.jpg
Views:	775
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	781433

Comment

Originally posted by morzamen View Post
                I made this holes on my box, under the box to fresh air goes in and lateral ones to hot air go out.
                I use a small and silent fan 50mmX50mm attached under the box.
                Now we'll .... wait for better firmwares!

Comment

well mine is delayed until september beginning of it... i need some rest!

Comment

Originally posted by superceleron View Post
                    well mine is delayed until september beginning of it... i need some rest!
                    A week of hammock naps under a cool shadetree, should do the trick .
                    btw , are you done with the H6 chip, just curious.
                    Probably going to concentrate on the 922/ 311 projects exclusively for the foreseeable timeframe ?
                    Kris....don't forget my boxes! Okay?

Comment

OTA update available:for those who have may have missed it
                      treboR
                      Please consider
                      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

And ... updating ... for what....!
                        After the update the status bar is ... off!
                        And also the environment of the ADW launcher needs a very long time to start at the beginning...!
                        Now from the other hand i think (and say i think because maybe needs more testing) they fixed the bug with freezing and restarting on iptv !
                        We expecting more from Beelink in the nearly future....!
                        HDMI self-adaption and navigation bar are 2 things that i think they MUST do asap!
                        Last edited by gatos814; 09-07-2019, 12:49.

Comment

hi gents,

It's been AGES since I looked at a pile of old android boxes.. literally years.. so I had a blast a few weeks back..
                          Was cleaning up my house in preparation of moving abroad, so I finally took the time to fix a pile of bricked/returned/never worked/etc. boxes.
                          To my surprise I managed to squeeze them all back to life.. even 2 very shitty Scischion V88's

So firstly, a massive thanks Freaktab for still being here, and still being such a great resource after all these years!
                          And thanks a lot of you guys for filling threads with questions, answers, and despair cries
                          Made a very entertaining couple of days reading

Of course.. having fixed all the old boxes (now all running as simple IPTV boxes, gifted to friends and family members) I had this itch of wanting to play with something new(ish), and preferably claiming a rainbow of specs in china style heavily exaggerated

My daily do-all box is a Beelink GT1 (media and a bit of casual gaming), and I'm always favored Amlogic over Rockchip, so I guess ending up reading this thread was sort of inevitable and it was fun reading all 18 pages of this thread..

Thanks guys! I actually just went over all pages again with some popcorn literally

Anyhow.. 27th of August I ordered a GT-King over Aliexpress from Beelink official store for EUR 86,75
                          It arrived in the Netherlands yesterday, 6th of September, serial is a B922... (noticed someone asking bout that few messages back).

Surprised to see it's already got a an update available (30-aug update).. was just about to download Antutu to run a first try before updating..
                          and poof... wireless dropped dead.. had to turn wifi off, then on.. the fun begins

First Antutu run 110873 out-of-box - Second 111960 after wireless update.

If there's anything I can do in testing etc. please let me know

Tim

Comment

tim007 Hehe, Great Story! I am sure a great sense of satisfaction... Kinda Dr. Frankensteinesk?
                            Good to know too I am sure you'll agree....The more things Change, the more they stay the Same, huh?
                            Kris....don't forget my boxes! Okay?

Comment

ClarkKent lolz.. yeah well..
                              It's a bit double you know.. looking at the pile of oldie boxes now running, huge smile..
                              then again.. In each case it not being a vendor that provided a solution.. hmm.. is that a good thing?

and then again.. when you suffer and suffer and finally it works.. that feeling is great too..
                              especially if it is getting an underdog china box to run great after some effort, heavily powered by user community..

No change since my first stick in that sense..

I've got big hopes for this GT King.. if I have to drill holes too, and/or break out my weller for a bit of fine soldering, I'm game
                              Just wish I had better coding skills

..ps.. forgot to mention my purchase was 86,75 + 3,84 ship.. minus 5,46 seller coupon, minus 4,43 alie coupon = 80,69 total.

and did a bit more testing.. VLC playback on GTKing compared to GT1.. much more responsive (and I wasn't unhappy before).
                              Did a few rounds of Asphalt 8 .. wow.. very noticable there too.. for that alone the king is worth the purchase :P

Found one issue though.. Wifi Location won't switch on.. do remember reading that here somewhere, will need to find that post to see if there's a solution.

Comment

ok, so I found something odd.. anyone have a suggestion?

When using the keyboard (using an old Measy RC11) the enter key is not giving an enter/entry but rather responding by punching out a "q" in text.
                                no clue how to fix it, so I dismissed the error (although this RC11 has been used on 20-30 different boxes without this issue).

Later after installing a few more of my default things (including Swiftkey) I noticed that it now no longer gives a "q" - but just doesn't seem to have any action, I have to switch to mouse and then hit enter on the virtual board.

Any idea how to fix?

(ps.. also noticed "esc" key not / only half responding too a bit later).. it's not the RC11 though, as it works fine on other boxes

Comment

Working...
                                X