Odroid N2 Amlogic S922X this is deep.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post
    For those that have this board, check the Odroid forum there is a few extra non-official Android ROMs to try for this device: Lineage16 tablet OS and a Lineage16-AndroidTV build with latest updates dated from September with current Android security updates, the official HardKernel Android image is dated from July.
    Yep pretty damn stable for me that Combo. Lineage 16 - Android TV Pie on it is really snappy.
    The N2 has the best passive cooling of any AMLogic box on the market.

No HD audio passthru, but what AMLogic Android Pie Firmware does that ?
    For some minor DIY you can also get Android auto Frame Rate Matching working nicely:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php...405#pid2891405

The key here is SUPPORT - and the N2 has that in spades due to it's popularity, especially among CoreELEC guys.

BTW: 4K HDR CoreELEC Kodi running on it is now the best implementation of Kodi out there, that is available on any hardware platform, not just AMLogic.

Comment

Originally posted by wrxtasy View Post

Yep pretty damn stable for me that Combo. Lineage 16 - Android TV Pie on it is really snappy.
      The N2 has the best passive cooling of any AMLogic box on the market.

No HD audio passthru, but what AMLogic Android Pie Firmware does that ?
      For some minor DIY you can also get Android auto Frame Rate Matching working nicely:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php...405#pid2891405

The key here is SUPPORT - and the N2 has that in spades due to it's popularity, especially among CoreELEC guys.

BTW: 4K HDR CoreELEC Kodi running on it is now the best implementation of Kodi out there, that is available on any hardware platform, not just AMLogic.
      I'm not sure about "The N2 has the best passive cooling of any AMLogic box on the market."

I have a GT King Pro and using it more than a month and the highest CPU Temperature I saw is 45 Celcius.

Asphalt8 Game Play : CPU Temp 37-39 Celsius
      Real Racing Game Play : CPU Temp 37-39 Celsius
      X-Plane 10 Game Play : CPU Temp 37-39 Celsius
      4k Hevc Video Play : CPU Temp 37-39 Celsius
      8k VP9 Video Play : CPU Temp 37-39 Celsius ( Coreelec)
      Kodi 18.5 Music Play With Visualization - ProjectM - Micha's Collection : CPU Temp 43-45 Celsius

Room temperature is about 22-24 Celsius,

40-45 Celsius is very low temperature for a cpu and that means this device also have a great overclock potential

Could you compare it with odroid n2 ( especially - Visualization - ProjectM - Micha's Collection )?

Comment

darkstar I haven't done any thorough temperature testing of my N2, the heat sink is massive but its size fits perfectly on one of my 80mm fans, so since day one I always have used the device with the fan underneath on low setting blowing air up through heat-sink, and when I bother to look the temperature is in the 25'C ~ 35'C range and I have never worried one day about overheating.

Comment

There is enough heat sink there to keep 100 x 905x2 cools I feel
          treboR
          Please consider
          Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post
            darkstar I haven't done any thorough temperature testing of my N2, the heat sink is massive but its size fits perfectly on one of my 80mm fans, so since day one I always have used the device with the fan underneath on low setting blowing air up through heat-sink, and when I bother to look the temperature is in the 25'C ~ 35'C range and I have never worried one day about overheating.
            Dear @RiCkLaR_atvX

We are talking about passive cooling, active cooling (Fan usage) will totally change the temp and will make some noise of course

Comment

It's now a little deeper with the announcement of the N2+

R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Working...
              X