Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VIM 3 Amlogic 922X / A311D S922x-B should be even more fun NOW ;)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RISCy Dude View Post

Seems to add several other features that will be important to some. I remember a few users asking for POE. Interesting also works on Edge-V, but with reduced functions.
    The sim card will allow for texting, wouldn't it?
    What other benefit would it provide? Voip?
    Kris....don't forget my boxes! Okay?

Comment

I would assume so, phone calls too. However, as someone who has never had a sim card equipped device(inclds phone), my knowledge on this is rather limited.
      For sending texts, I get by with an app, though with no sim, it relies on WiFi.

Comment

8K, VP9 video playback on VIM3 with CoreELEC.

treboR
        Please consider
        Donating to Freaktab

Comment

well... mine just arrive, so in the next days i will do a build for it, starting 1? with a ATV build then i will do a regular one!

Comment

treboR
            Please consider
            Donating to Freaktab

Comment

How would the VIM3 compare to Nvidia Shield TV? For price comparison they come in at close the same.

VIM3 basic model wit 2gb/16gb, would their be any buffering issues while trying to watch video smoothly up to 4k?

Comment

• trebor
                trebor commented
                Editing a comment
                With 20$ of Voucher makes it a consideration,
                Android 9 and its in early stages, there may be issues,

LibreELEC or CoreELEC could be better and lots of other option you can do with a VIM as compared to the Shield

Shield Being fully certified etc you may get a better run

Android Gaming on Khadas VIM3 SBC (Video)

Source: CNXSOFT
              Following excellent 3D graphics benchmark with Amlogic A311D's Mali-G52 GPU, I decided to test Android Gaming on Khadas VIM3 SBC.

Started playing with Khadas VIM3 Basic SBC powered by Amlogic A311D processor and 2GB RAM, and noticed Android benchmarks, especially 3D graphics were significantly better (40% improvement) than the ones of Rockchip RK3399.

So I decided it may be interesting to show Android gaming on the single-board computer, and installed the latest version of Android 9.0 with Google Play store. Finally I connected the RF dongle of Tronsmart Mars G01 wireless gamepad, as well as USB keyboard and mouse to get some fun.

Android Gaming Khadas VIM3

Since the board only has two USB type-A ports, I also inserted MINIX NEO S2 USB-C + SSD hub to connect the gamepad RF dongle.

Then I tried to install and play four games
              • Beach Buggy Racing
                • Installed via Google Play
                • Played with Tronsmart gamepad.
                • Perfectly smooth with max graphics settings. Similar to other TV boxes or boards.
              • Riptide GP2
                • Installed via Amazon Store
                • Played with gamepad
                • Perfectly smooth with max graphics settings, and improvement over other platforms I tested before
              • Fortnite (Beta)
                • Via Epic Games website.
                • Sadly not supported on most Android devices including Khadas VIM3. The installer app can be installed, but not the game itself. Apparently the reason is because Android 64-bit is required, and Khadas VIM3 SBC / Amlogic A311D/S922X processor only support Android 32-bit right now. There?s an Amlogic 64-bit Android SDK, but it?s not quite working, meaning not even compiling at this stage according to one developer.
              FORTNITE Fail 64-bit Android FORTNITE won?t install on VIM3, and the installer runs in portrait mode ? Click to Enlarge
              • PUBG Mobile
                • Installed via Google Play.
                • Played with USB keyboard and mouse
                • Requires OpenGL ES 3.1, so it would not work on devices with Mali-4xx GPU including Amlogic S905, S905X, RK3328?
                • The game can runs just fine on Khadas VIM3 / Amlogic A311D (Mali-G52 GPU), and was smooth even with HD graphics settings.
              Khadas VIM3 PUBG Mobile PUBG Mobile on Khadas VIM3 ? Click for Original Size
              So if you are interested in playing games in Android, and other plaforms don?t quite make it, you may consider checking out Khadas VIM3 SBC without having to go all the way to NVIDIA Android Shield TV. Note that many Android games are made for phones, and while the three games above worked out of the box, some require touchscreen emulation (e.g. CSR 2). This is still possible but requires a bit more work, and potentially buying an Android remote app to use your phone as a gaming controller.

You can check by yourself 3D graphics performance in the video demo below (~15 minutes) where I play all three games.

Source: CNXSOFT
              https://www.cnx-software.com/2019/08...im3-sbc-video/

treboR
              Please consider
              Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Mope Vim3 News for you viewing Pleasure

VIM3 website:

https://www.khadas.com/vim?utm_campa...&utm_source=so
                treboR
                Please consider
                Donating to Freaktab

Comment

I just ordered the Basic version before reading this post, looking forward to tinkering with it when it arrives

Comment

Khadas' 5th Anniversary Sale:

Khadas

https://www.khadas.com/shop
                    treboR
                    Please consider
                    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Krescue - Take Control of Your VIM!

Krescue which stands for "Khadas Rescue",
                      An extremely small 21mb operating system that gives you full control over your Khadas VIM1/2/3/3L device!Main Features:
                      • Dump EMMC memory contents to an SD card, USB, LAN host.
                      • Restore .img.gz into an EMMC on another device.
                      • View device information.
                      • Rescue shell for expert users.
                      • Shell access via UART, USB network, and LAN network.
                      Steps to Boot Krescue:
                      1. Download an appropriate image for your VIM1/2/3/3L device from dl.khadas.com.
                      2. Burn this image to an SD card, using rufus, dd or etcher.
                      3. Plug in the SD card, USB-C power, and HDMI into your VIM device.
                      4. Use Khadas TST to boot into MaskROM mode.
                      5. Use an IR remote control or USB keyboard to navigate the UI menus.

We hope this extremely tiny and convenient rescue operating system will give beginners and experts alike,
                      a useful tool to backup and restore their EMMC, as well as take control of various features of their VIM board!

For more information, join our forum discussion. at KHADAS

Last edited by RISCy Dude; 12-01-2019, 05:00.
                      treboR
                      Please consider
                      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Vim 3 Independent Display HDMI and TS050 screen

More Vim 3 news the gang and khadas are working on VIM3 to support the dual independent display feature over TS050 and HDMI, he already complete most of the work but there still have a few bugs to be resolved until we finally release the image.

hers is a first quick look

treboR
                        Please consider
                        Donating to Freaktab

Comment

In this video, You Jun from Khadas Team demonstrates the VIM3's 5.0 TOPS (tera operations per second) NPU (neural processing unit), using the Yolo v3 object detection model!
                          Watch the video to find out how to replicate this result on your own VIM3

Many thanks to our developers who spent many tireless hours photographing, cleaning, tagging, and training the A.I model.
                          Due to limited image data, it isn't perfect, but a good demonstration of what can be achieved with the Khadas VIM3's Amlogic A311D SoC.
                          In our next video, we will go into more depth as to how you can train your own A.I object detection models.
                          More information: 1. Apply for VIM3 NPU Toolkit: https://www.khadas.com/npu-toolkit-vim3
                          2. How to use the NPU: https://docs.khadas.com/vim3/HowToUse... Required items for this build:
                          1. "VIM3": https://www.khadas.com/product-page/vim3
                          2. "VIM3L": https://www.khadas.com/product-page/v...
                          3. "USB Webcam" * fast auto-focus / fixed focal length is preferred
                          4. "MIPI-CSI Camera for VIM3" * to be updated into www.khadas.com/shop soon...
                          5. "Training PC" * specs to be updated soon... Credits: 1. Music: YouTube Free Music Library, Digital Secrets
                          treboR
                          Please consider
                          Donating to Freaktab

Comment

FIne video explaining Khadas VIM3: 4K NVMe SBC with NPU

Click image for larger version

Name:	MgivkBr.png
Views:	900
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	793900
                            treboR
                            Please consider
                            Donating to Freaktab

Comment

mr. scissors has unleashed a wealth of sbc knowledge... pip, pip!
                              Kris....don't forget my boxes! Okay?

Comment

Working...
                              X