Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VIM 3 Amlogic 922X / A311D S922x-B should be even more fun NOW ;)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VIM 3 Amlogic 922X / A311D S922x-B should be even more fun NOW ;)

+ Faster CPU Performance

Big-little architecture. x4 high-performance Cortex-A73 cores, paired with x2 efficiency Cortex-A53 cores.

+ Neural Processing Unit for A.I.

Next generation, deep-neural-network applications, at 2.5 TOPS.

+ Switchable PCIe and USB 3.0

Use the Khadas KBI to switch the "combo interface" to either the USB-3.0 port or PCIe interface.

+ USB-C Power Delivery

Wide-range of power input, from 5-20V for power-hungry applications, e.g. Microphone Array and Speakers.

+ Dual Independent Displays

HDMI and MIPI-DSI, with 3-axis digital accelerometer for display rotation detection.

The VIM3 SBC is a soon-to-be-released credit-card sized single board computer, that will be equipped with the latest Amlogic S922X SoC.
    It is designed with the same form-factor as our popular VIM2 and VIM1, with up to 4GB of LPDDR4/4X RAM and 32GB of EMMC storage;
    this makes it compatible with existing accessories.
    3 models of VIM3 are planned for release, however specifications for only the first model are available at this time.
    We will announce the exact launch date, and information about the other models in email updates,
    so do subscribe to our newsletter, and share this website with your friends.

More Info
    https://forum.khadas.com/t/khadas-vi...hing-soon/4103
    Last edited by trebor; 05-14-2019, 04:56.
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

I inquired about the VIM3 and it will have many different chipsets.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Hi trebor
    since couple of days,I do not opened those photos/pictures and I see blank page only???
    just wonder that why?

Comment

Seems "KHADAS" year is coming!
      I like it at all

Comment

​​@trebor

No kitchen sink? No, fantastic Really! Wow, even fen speed control. So, though capable of much more...do you think suitable aas mini pc and video box
        ?
        Able to kill the n6max, or surplant the gt king...in terms of performance ,durability and even stability?
        I'm of little Khades knowledge , how good is their stock FW development going to be?
        Thanks
        Kris....don't forget my boxes! Okay?

Comment

Many devs from here also fiddle with the Vim or will....
          As this is a dev thing software can be sluggish not a lot of bangs a whistles to start....but all resolved
          Lots of support
          treboR
          Please consider
          Donating to Freaktab

Comment

treboR
            Please consider
            Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Serious competition for the Odroid N2 & Beelink King.
              I see most CoreELEC developers refuse to develop CoreELEC for other S922x devices apart from N2.
              Luckily the Vim3 and AM6 already has LibreELEC support and moving towards mainline support, dropping all the old Amlogic specific hacks, thanks to open-source software and non biased developers.
              For tv box usage, the AM6 will most likely be the only device with long-term, 2+ years support for Android.
              Vim3 will offer better Linux support with all the extra connectors on the board and for DIY projects.

Click image for larger version

Name:	vim3_pro.jpeg
Views:	6040
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	774984

Comment

Clark

Leave it yr N6 asap and wait couple of time to get AM6(like me) or go to Khadas(I want it too)

Freaktab right&trusty address so everyone has to be follow this Forum
                Do not read Sellers sites "reviews"(FAKE as you know!)

Well seems that for basic/TV Box side;Ugoos AM6 is good Android+Kodi use and also LE+Armbian etc.,
                so this Box is OK at present

VIM3;we have to wait some time

++

...For tv box usage, the AM6 will most likely be the only device with long-term, 2+ years support for Android.
                Vim3 will offer better Linux support with all the extra connectors on the board and for DIY projects. ...

I like this

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post
                  Serious competition for the Odroid N2 & Beelink King.
                  I see most CoreELEC developers refuse to develop CoreELEC for other S922x devices apart from N2.
                  Luckily the Vim3 and AM6 already has LibreELEC support and moving towards mainline support, dropping all the old Amlogic specific hacks, thanks to open-source software and non biased developers.
                  For tv box usage, the AM6 will most likely be the only device with long-term, 2+ years support for Android.
                  Vim3 will offer better Linux support with all the extra connectors on the board and for DIY projects.

Click image for larger version

Name:	vim3_pro.jpeg
Views:	6040
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	774984
                  You need to put things into the correct context and not miss out a rather vital point.

The Coreelec devs have said that they want samples for all of the team in order to develop for other manufacturers, in addition to having a decent level of software support, which by all accounts, Hardkernel are doing, as they are business savvy and recognise the value of co-operation.

The last I saw was that Beelink had offered one box, which would never really inspure confidence.

It should also be noted (at least from what I have read) that AMLogic support is being dropped in the future, something that had spearheads directly from the Libreelec team, which would logically lead to CE being the only major supporter and developers for the future of AML in terms of the *elec world.

R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

KHADAS VIM 3: A NEW CARD UNDER AMLOGIC S922X

The Khadas Vim 3 will go on sale on June 24 from $ 69.99. The program is a development solution that is free from the format of Raspberry Pi cards and will offer the new SoC Amlogic.

Khadas Vim 3 is the latest development card solution from this manufacturer in this range. this does not mean that this is the third production of the brand since other products have been presented over time. It is in December 2016 that we discovered the first card of the brand under Amlogic S905X and in three years a lot of way has been accomplished.

Khadas Vim 3

The Khadas Vim 3 is equipped with a SoC Amlogic S922X: A chip engraved in 12 nano with six cores: 4 Cortex A73 1.8 GHz and 2 Cortex A53 clocked at 1.9 GHz. A graphic circuit Mali-G52 clocked at 846 MHz is added to this base. The map will be available in two versions. A first called Basic will be launched at $ 69.99 with 2 GB of RAM and a 16 GB eMMC 5.1 flash storage. A second named Pro will double this equipment with 4 GB of RAM and 32 GB of flash eMMC 5.1 for $ 99.99. Be careful though, these rates are very attractive but very provisional as well. They will only concern the first production of these cards and the restocking will come back at higher rates.
                    Khadas Vim 3

Among the key points of the offer, the presence of a card reader MicroSDXC to expand the storage but especially a M.2 port 2280 NVMe to add a conventional storage of the PC world. The presence of rich connectivity is another plus with HDMI 2.1 supporting CEC, HDR and HDCP 2.2 compatibility. The card can even manage touch screens since it offers the proper pinning in 10 pin.
                    Khadas Vim 3

With a capacity to decode the UltraHD video at 75 frames per second in H.265 and already the development of a LibreElec for the card, this solution is therefore positioned as an interesting card for a media center. But will allow many more things. We can count on Gigabit Ethernet with Wake On Lan, Wifi 5 and Bluetooth 5.0. One USB 3.0 Type-A, another USB 2.0, USB 2.0 Type-C with OTG and Power Delivery support to power the card.

Source: CNX Software / MiniMachine
                    treboR
                    Please consider
                    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post

You need to put things into the correct context and not miss out a rather vital point.

The Coreelec devs have said that they want samples for all of the team in order to develop for other manufacturers, in addition to having a decent level of software support, which by all accounts, Hardkernel are doing, as they are business savvy and recognise the value of co-operation.

The last I saw was that Beelink had offered one box, which would never really inspure confidence.

It should also be noted (at least from what I have read) that AMLogic support is being dropped in the future, something that had spearheads directly from the Libreelec team, which would logically lead to CE being the only major supporter and developers for the future of AML in terms of the *elec world.

Advice, less believe lies, which spread apologists coreelec. No one is going to give up support for the Amlogic platform. It is transferred to a new kernel (by the way, work is also underway to add support for the new kernel and s805\S812). On the contrary, active work is underway to add support for new chips to the main core (which will now be used in all Libreelec systems). This is confirmed by the release of new LibreELEC images for new models on the S905X2 platform (x96max Beelink G1 mini etc) and S922X (Ugoos AM6 Khadas VIM3). The hysteria from the CE apologists is due to the fact that in the autumn their system will lose relevance and will not be interesting to anyone.  They do not participate in the work on the new kernel (the exception is AFL1, with which we collaborated on the addition of DVB support). They are used to taking someone else's ready work and pass it off as their own and do not want to participate in the common work. Very funny looks requirement to provide all samples. In fact, they can't add support for the Beelinc King (s922) and other S922 models because they use the outdated 4.9 kernel from the Odroid N2. Hard Kernel  they develop exclusively for their N2 model.

Comment

I recommend you to read this discussion, which clearly shows the attitude of some CE representatives to the joint work on the new kernel and on the improvement of Libreelec code (without which CE will not exist in principle, since almost all the code and changes they take from LE). For reference. Thanks to the developer community Libreelec in the main core doing the patches and updates that accelerate pojavlenija fully supported by AML (and not only) in the main core and polucheny the best support for all platforms. I have not seen any improvement or patch from CE. Draw your own conclusions.

If you have something specific to write about my LE build, you can write in this thread. If you want to advertise CE - create a new topic and there can write what she wants. Since KODI-19 from it will be completely eliminated any support for proprietary drivers from Amlogic. This means that all systems that are based on older 3.14 kernels will not be able to run KODI-19. Recently, the LE developer community (and a number of other developers and communities) have been working together on an imp...

Comment

For reference, this link shows which models already have support in LE using the latest 5.1 kernel. Yes, it still does not work in full on all the models presented, but it is an indicator that these models will be able to work with promising versions of KODI-19 and beyond. And as  future will be able to get the full functionality.

Посмотреть и скачать с Яндекс Диска

Comment

I did subscribe to the vim forum, for further release info, and to be in the progress loop. 
                            Lots of great resources in the last several posts, all of which went straight over my head. lol. 
                            Three questions from a tech simpleton :

1) will the vast accessories, the plug-n-play nature of the Vim3 card, and the multi boot capability... Be a good entertainment, hobby product that a relative novice would enjoy practically? That is to say, expand my learning curve, without great fear of a hard brick? And in the mean time get a stable streamer, video player with all the benefits of a micro pc?

2) I see lots of FW (V. Encouraging)... ALL of these will require pc "flashing" skills? Or at a minimum sd boot card-maker skills etc?  Correct? No ota type files would be available?

3) Third, and perhaps most important... NONE of the Vim Edge projects rk3399 FW Can/Could be utilized (somewhat easily)  replacing the 7.1.2 mess loaded upon... Say M-see's N6max?
                            This thinking is just a fallacy on my behalf?
                            It comes to me, thinking vim started their 3399 support with a FW more closely aligned with the chip makers specifications and quality. Not a baaad hack. 

Please, your opinions are important to us far less knowledgeable, greatly appreciated, and sometimes heeded.  lol! 
                            Thanks for indulging me ignorance. 
                            Kris....don't forget my boxes! Okay?

Comment

Working...
                            X