UGOOS AM6 S922X TV Box Android 9.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hello everyone
    today i saw the am6 pro version (with 4GB ram) came out , but i will wait until we have this on gearbest and other sites.
    although everything seems to be same exactly like AM6 except the 4GB DDR4 ram.

by the way i heard on AM6 there is no 4K in youtube? is there any fix available.? i m pretty sure pro will have same issue.

Comment

• mo123
      mo123 commented
      Editing a comment
      You can use a Youtube app like SmartYoutube TV to play 4K.

Ugoos AM6 Pro:
    Ugoos Brand AM6 4G+32Gb extended version Android 9.0 Amlogic S922x Smart TV

Hardware Specs:
    Operation System Android 9.0
    Language English, Chinese ...Multi-Language support
    CPU Amlogic S922X with 12nm 1.8 Ghz,Quad core ARM Cortex-A73 (1.7Ghz) and dual-core ARM Cortex-A53 CPU (1.8Ghz)
    GPU ARM Mali TM-G52 MP6(6ppc)
    SDRAM LPDDR4 4GB
    Storage Capacity (Flash) 32GB (EMMC)
    WIFI 2.4G+5G The wireless module complies with IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac 2x2 MIMO standard and it can achieve up to a speed of 867Mbps with dual stream in 802.11n to connect the wireless LAN
    WIFI Module AmPack 6398S
    Bluetooth Bluetooth 5.0 with LE technology
    The Extended Storage TF Card, up to 32GB (SD2.X,SD3.X,SD4.X, eMMC ver5.0)
    Power Supply DC 12V/2A
    HDR Support
    Interfaces:
    HDMI Output HDMI(2.1 and 2.0 ) to support maximum 4K@60fps output(HDCP2.2)
    USB Port 1*USB 3.0 Fast Speed, 3*USB 2.0 Host
    Optical Output 1*SPDIF
    Led Work Light Support
    Network 1*RJ45 1000M (1000M Ethernet Integrated IEEE 802.3 10/100/1000M Ethernet MAC with RGMII
    interface)
    Power Supply 1*DC Jack
    Media Parameter:
    Audio Container MP3,AAC,WMA,RM,FLAC,OGG
    Audio Out Supports MP3, AAC, WMA, RM, FLAC, Ogg and programmable with 7.1/5.1 down-mixing I2S audio interface supporting 2-channel input and 8-channel (7.1) output
    Built-in serial digital audio SPDIF/IEC958 output and PCM input/output
    Built-in stereo audio DAC,
    Stereo digital microphone PDM input
    Support concurrent dual audio stereo channel output with combination of analog+PCM or I2S+PCM
    Video CODEC VP9 Profile-2 up to 4Kx2K@60fps H.265 [email protected] up to 4K*2K@60fps
    H.264 AVC [email protected] up to4K*2K@60fps
    H2.64 MVC up to1080P@60fps
    MPEG-4 ASP@L5 up to 1080P@60fps (ISO-14496)
    WMV/VC-1 5P/MP/AP up to 1080P@60fps
    AVS-P16(AVS+)/AVS-P2 jiZhun Profile up to 1080P@60fps
    MPEG-2 MP/HL up to 1080P@60fps(ISO-13818)
    MPEG-1 MP/HL up to 1080P@60fps(ISO-11172)
    Realvideo 8/9/10 up to 1080P
    WebM up to VGA
    Multiple language and multiple format sub-title video support
    MJPEG and JPEG unlimited pixe resolution decoding(ISO/IEC-10918)
    Supports JPEG thumbnail, scaling, rotation and transition effects
    Support *.mkv,*.wmv,*.mpg,*.mpeg,*.dat,*.avi,*.mov,*.iso,* .mp4,*.rm
    and *.jpg file formats
    Software Extension Support Google Play & APK install
    DLNA, Miracast Protocol Support DLNA, Miracast Protocol
    Remote Control Remote controller
    IM Software Support Skype/QQ/MSN/GTALK (Depends on APK )
    Office Software WORD/EXCEL/PDF(Depends on APK install)
    Other Parameters:
    Operation Temperature 0~60℃
    Storage Temperature -10~60℃
    Humidity Environment 5%-90%(No condensation)
    Certificate CE, FCC
    Package:
    Dimensions 117*117*18.5mm
    Net Weight 300g
    Gift Box Size 162*162*80mm
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

All these Amlogic boxes say they support the VC1 codec but they do not.

"WMV/VC-1 5P/MP/AP up to 1080P@60fps"

Sample test clip >> VC-1 1080p/23.976 (MKV w/TrueHD 5.1 audio)

MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

• mo123
        mo123 commented
        Editing a comment
        I also haven't found any Amlogic Pie firmware to support VC1 correctly yet.
        VC1 and Dolby Vision is advertised for a lot of them since the hardware is physically capable but there are no licenses in place to actually use it, so it is a bit of false advertising from Amlogic's side that they give through to all manufacturers.
        And 64-bit CPU, it's also capable but only runs in 32-bit mode because of software limitations.
        It might be a licensing issue that Amlogic skips the codec to not have to pay Microsoft licensing fees and because very few people still use the codec.
        On my Rock Pi 4 and Khadas Edge RK3399 Rockchip devices, VC1 is fully supported since I fixed it myself.

At least Ugoos implemented auto frame-rate switching and HD Audio(which is broken on other S922x devices) so using Kodi is a dream for 4K videos, which I'm glad for.

Originally posted by ministerjee View Post
      hello everyone
      today i saw the am6 pro version (with 4GB ram) came out , but i will wait until we have this on gearbest and other sites.
      although everything seems to be same exactly like AM6 except the 4GB DDR4 ram.

by the way i heard on AM6 there is no 4K in youtube? is there any fix available.? i m pretty sure pro will have same issue.
      I have seen a YouTube test which says its not as fast as the standard AM6 but I think Ugoos are going to fix that in a firmware update.
      There's an interesting comparison here.
      You asked for it and the second release is here. The Ugoos AM6 Pro TV Box model now comes with 4GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage. The CPU is clocked at...

Comment

You asked for it and the second release is here. The Ugoos AM6 Pro TV Box model now comes with 4GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage. The CPU is clocked at...

He does do a nice job with his YouTube vids, with very good editing.
        ... I am pretty sure lower clk speed was no "accident". Perhaps an attempted for longevity and lower temps? Since is pre-order, the "fix" probably will be shipped as done or a note awaiting on first boot.
        ~ thnx for the link.
        Kris....don't forget my boxes! Okay?

Comment

Instructions for running CoreELEC

1. Download the latest nightly CoreELEC image.
          The stable builds won't work, it has to be one of the latest nightlies

I used this image CoreELEC-Amlogic.arm-9.2-nightly_20191103-Generic.img.gz

2. Write it with Echer or any other image writing app from Windows/Linux.
          A cross-platform tool to flash OS images onto SD cards and USB drives safely and easily. Free and open source for makers around the world.

3. Go to the device_trees folder on the COREELEC partition on your micro-sd card and copy the
          g12b_s922x_ugoos_am6_rev_a.dtb file to the root of the micro-sd card and rename the file dtb.img

4. Insert the micro-sd card into the AM6 and hold in the recovery button on the bottom while connecting the power cable.
          Release the recovery button when you see the red CoreELEC logo.
          This is only needed the first time you set up CoreELEC.

5. CoreELEC should now be set up and work.
          In the power menu, you can choose to boot back to nand/emmc which is Android.
          If your in Android and using the AndroidTV v0.2.2 firmware by Sasvlad, you can use this app to boot back to CoreELEC

To run Netflx

1. Install the following repo and the Netflix addon from it.
          GitHub is where people build software. More than 100 million people use GitHub to discover, fork, and contribute to over 420 million projects.

In the addon's settings you can change all the sorting methods to 'year' or 'suggested to you' to not see shows in alphabetical order.
          You can also change the min and max bit-rate and resolution required.
          You can use up to 1080p on the AM6 since the big heatsink helps to keep it cool.
          The first time you run the addon, it will ask you to install Widevine, which will download a 3GB ChromeOS image.
          After opening the addon, you can move the mouse pointer to the left of the screen, a menu will slide out where you can change the views.
          Change it to 'wall' instead of 'list' to see poster art too to look more like the app.
          In the bottom right settings, you can change the video resolution eg. '1920x1080x23.976hz 4000000kbps' of the stream if you enabled manual resolution selection in the addon's settings. Then set it as default to be always used. Choose a stream quality that is suited for your bandwith that doesn't cause buffering issues.
          You could also set the stream resolution in the addon's settings as 'auto' if you have a fast connection but sometimes it selects the lowest resolution automatically, so test what works est in your situation. You can also enable subtitles if needed, very helpful for EU, English dubbed shows where there are text or signs in a different language since that won't be translated automatically, only the audio.

Comment

Nice tutorial mo123.

Comment

Gearbest has changed their mind again about available am6 2/16 shipping stock. It is now in DHL's hands.
              0'yea, 0tay.
              Sure would be twice as nice to find a ready to boot SD card file of CoreELEC?!
              ​​​​​​... Just sayin.

Comment

• RISCy Dude
                RISCy Dude commented
                Editing a comment
                Most of these burns leave multiple type partitions on the resulting SD card, would be easier to follow mo123's guide. Unless one doesn't have a Windows or Linux PC. If on Apple PC, maybe run Windows using Boot Camp Asst or similar.

No pc, no Intel injected macs.
              I have uncanny luck with sd loads, betcha it works fine.
              Let,s pull the curtain back, and experiment a little bit.
              I'll test it, if'n some lucky vict...er, Volunteer would upload it somewhere. ....hint?

Comment

• RISCy Dude
                RISCy Dude commented
                Editing a comment
                You run Linux on your N6, maybe it could be done from there. All of my cards are currently on other missions. Trebor can tell you about me and cards.

• trebor
                trebor commented
                Editing a comment
                Get one of them Intel Beelink or Minix PC then the World will be your Oyster.

Your Certainly Not being singled out, nor requested.
              There's plenty of community players, I don't quite get the big deal about it...
              If all the "alt" OS are...NM, I just can't get my head around....ONLY Img. Files are circulated or uploaded.

Comment

Never mind
              ​​​​​​... Just send me yours Treb, i know you have btwn 6 and a dozen.
              U thinking mom let's me have an allowance... Not so much.
              2nd hand laptop from pawnshop is most likely to happen. At less than 20cents on the dollar.
              Eventually. I'd sure hate to miss all that "burning fun" everybody else gets.
              ~good times ™

Comment

Would beelinks newest 110$ (apollo-lake?) do the deed?
                ​​​​​​... Or the 6/64 + ssd Triangle thingy getr done?

Comment

• trebor
                  trebor commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You need the full windows experience, Think bigger

Originally posted by ClarkKent View Post
                Would beelinks newest 110$ (apollo-lake?) do the deed?
                ​​​​​​... Or the 6/64 + ssd Triangle thingy getr done?
                Yes, Beelink mini PC's will handle the requirement of needing a Windows PC for basic tasks like Burning ROMs with Etcher, web browsing, using Windows only programs, etc.

Link:

That affordable unit will handle your basic needs, just get a large USB3 like 128 GB or 256 GB Samsung drive to save all your data or an affordable Seagate 4tb hard drive that connects with usb3, because with the standard eMMC you will fill up quick with standard windows files.

Comment

... how 'bout the "Acute Angle" machine ??

@ A buck thirty five, not bad?
                  Last edited by gefattern; 11-09-2019, 00:59.

Comment

Does ota updates work with this box to get it up to date or do we have to play with and cards and flashburning tool to get updates on?

Comment

Working...
                    X