UGOOS AM6 S922X TV Box Android 9.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kos25k View Post
    Very nice thanks!!Mainly i want statusbar to be hidden,but when i approach mouse,to automatically be visible!And then i want to install a fan.will it be easy if we exclude the metal case?Is the processor looking up and is on upper place?(so fan will blow air straight to cpu area)
    The device has a very big heatsink over the whole board, no need for a fan like for other devices.
    It runs at 40-44 degrees Celsius for me playing 4K videos.
    The CPU is also built on a 12nm process so generates very little heat.

Comment

Originally posted by kos25k View Post
      Very nice thanks!!Mainly i want statusbar to be hidden,but...
      All features work as you would hope, but rarely see. I assure you. Great oem FW
      Kris....don't forget my boxes! Okay?

Comment

How's the wifi perform on this box and the pro version also? Im in a position were hardwired really isn't an option.

With the 2 big external antennas one would be lead to believe that it should be top notch on wifi.

Comment

Originally posted by Spastro View Post
          How's the wifi perform on this box and the pro version also?
          .... With the 2 big external antennas one would be lead to believe that it should be top notch on wifi.
          -0- complaints here lan or wifi reach full service speeds, auto connect quickly, with very good range. Hotspot broadcast performance is excellent too...
          On the pro, but had 2g ram first, with same results.
          My mini2 with x3 chip uses ram more efficiently, not sure why... So I recommend the Pro for having ram in reserve.
          Very reliable, stable and durable (forgiving) box.
          I'm critial... It is satisfyingly impressive!
          Last edited by ClarkKent; 02-06-2020, 03:24.

Comment

Source CNX SOFT
            https://www.cnx-software.com/2020/02...x-j-processor/ Ugoos AM6 Plus Android TV Box is Powered by Amlogic S922X-J Processor

When I wrote about the official launch of MINIX NEO U22-XJ media hub yesterday, I mentioned it was the first Amlogic S922XJ that I knew of and the first Amlogic TV box to support Dolby Vision and Dolby Audio.

But it was rightly pointed out to me that Amazon Fire TV Cube TV box already supported Dolby Vision with Amlogic S922Z processor that looks to be about the same as Amlogic S922XJ. Ugoos is now offering another Dolby Vision/Audio option with an upgrade to their existing Ugoos AM6 TV box replacing Amlogic S922X processor with S922X-J and increasing the memory and storage capacity.

UGOOS AM6 Plus Dolby Vision TV BoxUgoos AM6 Plus specifications:
            • SoC – Amlogic S922X-J hexa-core processor with 4x Arm Cortex-A73 cores @ up to 2.2 GHz, 2x ARM Cortex-A53 cores, and an Arm Mali G52 MP6 GPU
            • System Memory – 4GB LPDDR4
            • Storage – 32GB eMMC flash, MicroSD card slot up to 32GB
            • Video Output – HDMI 2.1 up to 4K @ 60fps with HDCP2.2 support, HDR10, HDR10+, and Dolby Vision HDR
            • Audio – Optical S/PDIF, AUX-IN port, digital audio output via HDMI, analog stereo audio via AV port; HDMI audio passthrough up to 8 channels
            • Video Codecs
              • VP9 Profile-2 up to 4Kx2K @ 60fps
              • H.265 HEVCMP-10 @ L5.1 up to 4K*2K @ 60fps
              • H.264 AVC HP @ L5.1 up to 4K*2K @ 60fps
              • H.264 MVC up to 1080p60
              • MPEG-4 ASP @ L5 up to 1080p60 (ISO-14496)
              • WMV/VC-1 5P/MP/AP up to 1080p60
              • AVS-P16(AVS+)/AVS-P2 jiZhun Profile up to 1080p60
              • MPEG-2 MP/HL up to 1080p60 (ISO-13818)
              • MPEG-1 MP/HL up to 1080p60 (ISO-11172)
              • Realvideo 8/9/10 up to 1080p
              • WebM up to VGA
            • Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet, dual-band 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac 2×2 MIMO WiFi 5 up to 867Mbps and Bluetooth 5.0 LE via AmPak 6398S module
            • USB – 3x USB 2.0 ports, 1x USB 3.0 port
            • Misc – Power button and LED; maskrom and recovery pin holes
            • Power Supply – DC 12V/2A via power barrel jack
            • Dimensions – 117 x 117 x 18.5mm
            • Weight – 300 grams
            • Temperature Range – 0 to 60°C

Ugoos AM6 Plus Ports

Ugoos AM6 Plus runs Android 9.0 operating system with Google Play. The firmware appears to be shared with the one for AM6 TV box, so apart from the higher CPU frequency (2.2 GHz vs 1.8 GHz) and Dolby Vision & Dolby Audio support, the user experience will be similar.

Ugoos AM6 Plus can be purchased for $147.70 on Aliexpress with a standard IR remote control and power supply, but there are also bundles with an air mouse or a wireless keyboard. It should be noted that while Amlogic S922X-J supports Dolby Vision and Dolby Audio, Ugoos does not mention either on Aliexpress nor the product page.

Last edited by trebor; 02-06-2020, 18:03.
            treboR
            Please consider
            Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Quick version ...whats the "J" ? Ugoos answer to the King Pro? WV L1? ...and a link within your post, please. If possible?

Comment

Originally posted by ClarkKent View Post
                Quick version ...whats the "J" ? Ugoos answer to the King Pro? WV L1? ...and a link within your post, please. If possible?
                The S922xJ chipset in the AM6 Plus runs at 2.2Ghz, not 1.8Ghz and has support for Dolby Vision.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

The S922xJ chipset in the AM6 Plus runs at 2.2Ghz, not 1.8Ghz and has support for Dolby Vision.
                  Whaaa?! You're kidding me? Figures, and at a similar price point too! I guess i better leave it to "real" nerds to keep-up, and Remember all the latest chip variations. I can't. Same passive cooling? I diid notice the in/out ports next to sd slot. Whats the typical useage for these barrel configs?
                  ~ I'd like to see at least 1 rear 3.0 usb ports in place of the 2.0. AND OF COURSE... L1 LICENSING. C'mon UgoBro! LePerfecto!

Comment

Hopefully amlogic stops faking clock speeds like they did in the past :/

Comment

Damn, Sure 'nuff! Same price I paid.
                      "gee, I could've had a V-8 !"
                      .. I guess I'll just "HAVE TO" get Another... ;~)
                      Now, ... About this 'over-clocking' ? ...
                      Last edited by ClarkKent; 02-07-2020, 17:32.

Comment

i was planning to get pro version but now plus version is out.
                        pro or plus? which one should i go for?

Comment

ministerjee https://youtu.be/eH_cLjblgds

IT IS always about what you think you need, value, and are willing to spend?
                          I see Wanting, but definitely Not Needing more performance than what the pro currently does.
                          Nevertheless...
                          The link has a very good review, as always.
                          look & see...then balance against the "always about"
                          Last edited by ClarkKent; 02-11-2020, 11:41.

Comment

So is the plus better then the pro?

Comment

exactly , that was the same question i had, if plus is better than pro.. i dont see many differences between two , other that dolby support and higher clock speeds.
                              i dont want to use it for gaming or such, just want a good box for local playback, and streaming.

Originally posted by ClarkKent View Post
                              ministerjee https://youtu.be/eH_cLjblgds

IT IS always about what you think you need, value, and are willing to spend?
                              I see Wanting, but definitely Not Needing more performance than what the pro currently does.
                              Nevertheless...
                              The link has a very good review, as always.
                              look & see...then balance against the "always about"

Comment

[QUOTE=
                                .... just want a good box for local playback, and streaming.
                                [/QUOTE]

thee Pro is more than enough to impress you at those tasks and more, with style+
                                ... Every time you ask!
                                ~ promise.

Comment

Working...
                                X