No announcement yet.

UGOOS AM6 S922X TV Box Android 9.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It sounds like your library management on your PC is not set up correctly - when scanning for content you have addressed to scan the entire PC rather than just the storage locations you want to scan;
    I checked that and I promise you only the drive that contained videos was set to be scanned to add to the library. Am I to understand that there's no option for making Kodi store downloaded content (jacket, poster, thumbnails, nfo, etc.) in the same folder as the movie concerned?

Ahead of your USB/SD Card Adapter arriving you can always 'practice' with a USB Thumb Drive Memory Stick?
    I don't have a spare USB drive. The card reader might arrive today because Amazon sent me a Chronopost tracking # yesterday. Chronopost is a French next-day delivery service.

On your headphones - is this just with Kodi? Have you tried other media apps in Android?
    No, I haven't tried that. I will attempt it tonight using VLC. I was sort of wondering whether it may be because I have Kodi's audio settings set to 5.1 due to my Bose sound system being 5.1 only? I doubt that though.

One limitation with SPDIF headphones I would think is that the main audio won't mute automatically?
    Correct. I have always had to press the mute button on the Bose remote but that's no biggie.

Comment

This might be interesting option - https://kodi.wiki/view/Path_substitution

See section 2 link to moving Userdata folder for Android

Regarding the SPDIF, when I tested yesterday, I tried a couple of different configurations but I think I left the number of channels at 5.1 (given that SPDIF is normally only 2.0 channels)
      As you suggest still worth checking with VLC to see if still something within your own specific Kodi config is the problem

Comment

New update

https://ugoos.com/rc-firmware-update...e-x2-x3-models

This update has an initial patch (v 0.3.5.1) especially for Ugoos AM6+ and for those who used it with TV Set with Dolby Vision support

Edited.

Your right mo123
        Last edited by Duvel; 07-11-2020, 09:27.

Comment

• mo123
          mo123 commented
          Editing a comment
          You posted the v0.3.4 changelog

Originally posted by DEcosse View Post
        See section 2 link to moving Userdata folder for Android
        Yes, that would be good if the only thing I wanted to do was transfer the data to a single folder however, my goal was to get Kodi to download all data to the folder of each individual movie/TV series/Album. Maybe it isn't really necessary? TBH, I only wanted to do it that way because that was how my previous Mede8er box worked (old habits die hard).

Regarding the SPDIF, when I tested yesterday, I tried a couple of different configurations but I think I left the number of channels at 5.1 (given that SPDIF is normally only 2.0 channels)
        As you suggest still worth checking with VLC to see if still something within your own specific Kodi config is the problem
        Good news and some not so good news:
        After discovering that the headphones did work with VLC, I spent hours messing around in Kodi's settings and bumped across the option concerning the sound being sent to keep AVR equipment alive. It said to disable that if using headphones. Now they work perfectly in Kodi too.
        On the downside, the sound dropping-out is still an issue in both Kodi and VLC which means it's Android that's at fault. I'm very surprised you don't have this problem because, as far as I have understood, you are using the same box, an AM6 Plus.

Comment

I have seen that problem on my Windows machine on kodi - with the AM6 I always use CoreELEC anyway, except for some minor testing
          But I just saw that you have that issue with VLC too, which is certainly something Android related
          I certainly have not seen that issue with other playback in Android (SmartYouTube, other Streaming TV app)
          I guess you'll see when you install CoreELEC - if the hardware, then it will surely happen there too and if not, then something else in your Android settings perhaps
          I turned off USB sound since have no need for that - do you have that enabled? Try disabling? I'm not looking at the options right now so not sure if anything else stands out

You can export the metadata directly to the movie folder - https://www.howtogeek.com/301671/how...th-your-media/

But it won't do that automatically, you would have to update it to transfer any new additions to your library; I'm also unsure however how your library accesses that data in that location, unless it re-directed - my comprehension of that export feature is to keep the metadata central on your media server for use with multiple devices but don't know whether you would still build your local library on each machine using that data? Honestly I don't use these features so don't really know with any authority, I'm essentially just regurgitating what I read!. You might be best re-directing these questions on library management to a more general forum, either Kodi or CoreELEC in the appropriate section, since they are getting limited exposure here in the AM6 section of freaktab.

Comment

Originally posted by DEcosse View Post
            I turned off USB sound since have no need for that - do you have that enabled? Try disabling?
            I already did that in Kodi but am not sure if such an option exists in either Android's or Ugoos' settings. I will check that tonight.

I'm currently having trouble with the burning of CoreElec to the SD card. First I tried Rufus but that failed every time. Then I tried the Chinese Burn Card Maker and that wouldn't even open. Next I'm going to try the USB Burning Tool that came with the latest FW update Duvel posted above.

You might be best re-directing these questions on library management to a more general forum, either Kodi or CoreELEC in the appropriate section, since they are getting limited exposure here in the AM6 section of freaktab.
            Makes sense. I'm really grateful for all your advice so far. Both of you have been excellent.

Comment

USB burning tool is for burning directly to the box, not for creating a bootable stick
              Rufus or Balena Etcher would be the best choices and rufus should definitely work
              Did you unzip the image file, so you're using. img rather than the downloaded .img.gz?

Comment

Actually just tried to create one with Rufus and it didn't care whether it was extracted or not
                I don't seem to be able to load images
                What other settings do you have on Rufus?
                MBR Partition Scheme for Bios or UEFI
                FAT
                Create Bootable disk checked
                DD image (it should choose that automatically when you select the image file)
                And of course select the location of the image file (as I say, it didn't actually care whether it was the i.img or .img.gz

Balena Etcher is even easier - no options to select, just the source file and the media drive (just be sure you select the right one - it WILL show your hard drives as options!)

If still problems you could try pre-formatting your card for Fat32 before you start

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	rufus.png
Views:	213
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	809906

I'm downloading Balena Etcher now.
                  Attached Files

Comment

CoreElec is now installed on my SD card thanks to you and balenaEtcher.

(When you get to the part about selecting the DTB file, you will want the one for Rev B)
                    Tricky one that! Are you sure you have that right because it doesn't exist?

Name:	revA.png
Views:	303
Size:	118.8 KB
ID:	809915
                    Attached Files

Comment

Your attached picture shows you have not selected the image - click the select icon and point to the location of the image file in your download area

Name:	rufus.png
Views:	254
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	809917

Comment

Ah, you got if figured out anyway

Just the am6 one then I believe - the rev-a is for the std am6 with the slower clock speed (if I got that the right way round, but I think so!)

You can check in terminal application in Android or CE if you have rev. a or rev. b. Difference is Cores speeds. cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep Serial If it starts with 290b then rev.b, if 290a then rev a. In any case you can start CE with rev.a for both revisions, check via ssh a serial and change dtb to another if required.

Comment

Your attached picture shows you have not selected the image - click the select icon and point to the location of the image file in your download area
                          I did select the image only it wasn't the standard version from CoreElec. I went for this one: AM6_dce_ATV_by_Sasvlad_v.0.3.4.img
                          I tried using that one with balenaEtcher too and it reported that the image was not bootable so could not be used. Then I went with: CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-9.2.3-Generic.img

Using BE, it is now installed but see my previous post about RevB not being present.

Comment

Ok, our posts crossed. I will try that. If it doesn't work, I can always try again with the other one.
                            Just one question though, this version of CoreElec comes with Kodi 18.7.1 but that's an older version. Once booted into CoreElec, can I install the current version, and if so, how do I go about doing that?

Comment

The DCE is not the correct image - that is for the dual boot using burning tool directly replacing the stock android image
                              But the one you ended on is correct.

The Android and CE versions don't always align exactly - the CE update is usually just a little behind after Kodi releases a new rev, but once CE is installed when an update is available you can update directly from the CE program (you can either set it to update automatically or just notify for you to update manually)

Comment

Working...
                              X