Clear All

mine is stable in wifi

Comment

Originally posted by Adware View Post
      mine is stable in wifi
      How about LAN?

Which firmware version yo have?

Comment

Anyone still doubts about the BIG problems with the ugoos 0.3.91 firmware?

Ugoos deny everything, but I have such a feeling that these people don't benefit from posting lies

https://translate.google.com/transla...search&pto=aue

Start reading from page 1530 onwards. There is another thread about the am6, and it has similar complaints

Or on the Ugoos blog

https://ugoos.com/release-firmware-u...e-x2-x3-models

Comment

I didn't have issues from 0.36 up to present. I'm currently using 0.41. I haven't use LAN
          Last edited by Adware; 04-15-2021, 21:06.

Comment

I'm aware that the LAN connection drop can be fixed
            It is not that doing it once fixes the issue, it only fixes it until it happens the next time, which can be in an hour or in 24 hours.[/QUOTE]

Sorry friend. Everything has bugs. The message system here Vbulletin. Habitually gives me problems. And destroyed the best part of my last message.

A hard reset would be the last thing you would want to do. I think I was talking about a network reset.
            I would start with disconnection on both ends and reformat those connections. Based on what I heard lately, unlikely either of those Fixes work on this bug.

Since moderators haven't found my message content. Probably won't. And I Did not capture all by scrolling to copy, you see least important tail-end.

Try to hit the high points.
            FIRST thing! Turn OFF OTA - take no more updates. until your box is fully set up the way you want, and you are well-versed of it's operation, performance, & capabilities. Get familiar with the box delivered, before taking any updates.
            Be Sure you are entered as the administrator.
            Delete access by group and others.
            Search a background read on topic, Make sure you're the only one to authorize system changes, etc.
            Search term:
            Global ownership and permissions Enforced.

You may be surprised. The boxes are encrypted.
            The above, I believe, largely gives them or anyone else access to administrate many of our IT, IP enhanced products.
            A disclaimer or signing document, like opening & using an app, gives Authorization.
            On machines like TV boxes We don't generally authorize that right~ But leave administrator options open.

~> Please share your machine data info as delivered minus personal sensitive data Re: IP & Mac address. Screenshot?
            Interesting to see what's being shipped now.

i'll leave it at that. Just a suggestion...
            Seriously consider what I've said.
            On some of others video issues in the past, sometimes it is a simple fix. I really liked MX video player. Through some situation, partly their update I think, it would drop out or hardly play from main vid. storage, my SSD.
            Made it look like a new SSD was failing.
            I switched second favorite player: VLC ... problem fixed! Not one hiccup since. Guess who's a #1 vid player now? Other times audio issues: TV controller switched input to another hdmi input, switch back- Fixed and done.
            Sometimes it's a minor incompatibility, requires a new hand-shake, or re-initiation.

The next 2 items below will give you tremendous control and security over the contents that you work hard to set up. TITANIUM: You need to get it,or get a superior program. ~I'm not sure there is one.
            If you can get TWRP installed, Do It. I doubt you will be able... You may get it to operate from an SD/ Thumb drive, one operation session at a time.Then it deletes.
            Only to boot again from SD, single session.
            If you can get that, Get that!

Put it, and it's data...Along with the data backup files from Titanium, on Their Own Exterior Memory Media.
            Secure that media, to access Only by you, and the Resident apps. No third-party access.
            back ups, mutiples? ...can be large, I would avoid compression unless the app does it as it's normal processing. Think 32g. 16g would be close, but 32 will insure room for related vital data, records, or apps...

!! Download titanium back up, it's Add ons- total 3 pc app. Buy the Pro, learn to use. YOU HAVE APP/ File SETTINGS AND PERFORMS CORRECTLY? Back it Up !! Major change or accumulated data? Make BackUp!

you bought an excellent box, and you'll know it when you unbox.
            My situation may have included a bug, or some other anomaly. But I would be leery of sharing the administration with Ugoos.
            In short, learn the box, set it up your way, incorporate Real protection- and enjoy. It's a hell of a machine! Thanks, jtd/ CK
            Last edited by ClarkKent; 04-16-2021, 00:48. Reason: Spelling nazis?
            Kris....don't forget my boxes! Okay?

Comment

Originally posted by ClarkKent View Post

you bought an excellent box, and you'll know it when you unbox.
              My situation may have included a bug, or some other anomaly. But I would be leery of sharing the administration with Ugoos.
              In short, learn the box, set it up your way, incorporate Real protection- and enjoy. It's a hell of a machine! Thanks, jtd/ CK
              I don't know why your replies read so confusing, but anyway, thanks for taking the time to respond.

Network drop out is not a bug, it is a machine failure, because it means you can't use it.

It is not like the MX player or Youtube or Kodi not working, of which I have always read plenty reports. Those can be replaced by similar apps, a network can't be replaced, and it makes the whole box a piece of junk.

Not sure either what you are promoting Titanium in all your posts, as i'm not supposed to rebuild a firmware from a box for which I paid top dollars.

So to conclude, it may be an excellent box once those major issues are resolved, but for now it definitely isn't.worth the money

Comment

Originally posted by Jancales View Post
                since firmware 0.3.9.1 there are issues with the LAN connection dropping.
                people reporting that the LAN connection just drops while the box is on use, and you have to reboot the box. This get reported as happening frequently and at different intervals.
                seem to be many am6 users here, can anyone confirm that they experience that issue, or issues with the WI-FI?
                Got to ask, In spite of of your reads...WHY DID YOU BUY?
                Really very curious. I am sure based on sound thinking.
                I'd like to know, Please?

Should you have Any issues similar, OR Maybe from setup...
                turn onnlog capture. G forbid, but newest updates have ez access to them.
                Either way caputure Before you start, and examine same.
                This Really should point you much quicker to issue cause.
                Again I say, get like 8~16g thumb drive and store some logs for comparing. It will save space and maintenance...
                you can just let it run, and check immediately when issues arise. No issues, examine and clear non- pertinent captures.

Comment

I will concede a couple of them are pretty crappy. Talk to the bulletin, and Siri about that. I'll take responsibility for not proofreading.

any deviation from expected, or the "" normal performance could easily be a bug. Unless the radios are removed, or contain incomplete software, or malicious software.

if you're not satisfied? I say return it. Because it's not perfect. Very few things are. Definitely not anything coming from China.

Do you have the box yet? Again why did you buy the box? That is not a shot at you,
                  I truly am interested what motivated you.
                  I have not had any problem with which you speak. My radios have been, that includes lan connection, anything having to do with communicating outside the box, OK? Rocksolid no issues.
                  However, I contend that 3.9 up, possibly earlier, has created situations with some, obviously not all, that are unacceptable.
                  So again, make sure you have storage and capture ongoing logs. When the issue arises look at the logs.

Be cheap, be unprotected. Do not download titanium. You probably don't run 80 apps like I do. With 8 to 10 gigs of data within those apps. When a conflict, read:new app version, power failure or anything arises~ chances are I have a perfectly working version of that specific app. One button push I'm back in business.
                  I don't like the way my Bluetooth is operating I wipe it and go back to what I was using 30 days ago.
                  If that's not worth six dollars to you then, by all means don't effing do it.
                  You came here for some info, advice and some knowledge I passed on what I have. I've had the am6 pro since update .8 -But I probably didn't learn anything since then.
                  You're pretty brite, I would suggest you fly un-assisted.
                  sry about your dilemmas, i got my own. ...GLuck!

Comment

I don't know why your replies read so confusing, but anyway, thanks for taking the time to respond.

Network drop out is not a bug, it is a machine failure, because it means you can't use it.

It is not like the MX player or Youtube or Kodi not working, of which I have always read plenty reports. Those can be replaced by similar apps, a network can't be replaced, and it makes the whole box a piece of junk.

Not sure either what you are promoting Titanium in all your posts, as i'm not supposed to rebuild a firmware from a box for which I paid top dollars.

So to conclude, it may be an excellent box once those major issues are resolved, but for now it definitely isn't.worth the money
                    you should check your network, cable, wire, connector etc. looks like you have a bad network connection or other network related apps that is/are installed in your box that messed up your connection.

are you sure your sure LAN network is good?

Comment

Originally posted by Adware View Post
                      you should check your network, cable, wire, connector etc. looks like you have a bad network connection or other network related apps that is/are installed in your box that messed up your connection.

are you sure your sure LAN network is good?

Did you actually click on the links to 4pda and the official Ugoos blog I posted?

There are at least TWENTY posts from different people, and I easily can find you another 20, who report that their LAN stopped working from the moment they updated to 0.3.9.1. Every day new posts reporting that issue are added.

You think they all at once got a faulty LAN cable?

Now take into account, that the people who post on those forums are a minority of those that actually experience that issue, so I can say it is widespread

Comment

Jancales I see you've been quite busy. Around 1 March my two long posts, and their difficulty to read. Does pertain to what I already mentioned, and that entering encryption and pretty much destroyed my box, even a type of runaway experience, That the longer it was up, the more was destroyed. That is a dilemma!
                        Do I want it on and see if I can do some work around, do some fixing, pull off some data? But, faster than I can fix or even understand a process- it seems to be coming apart even more...and far outpacing me.
                        since this was desktop Purposed, not recreation centered, IT has been catastrophic to organization, production and earnings. Essentially, may as well have gutted my office by fire, followed by flood.
                        I would say a state of frantic-panic was present during those writings.

Interesting, looking back on some of those posts others agree that they have shifted direction towards quite heavily I believe IPTV. Including reversing recent upgrades, essentially abandoning whatever direction they were going for a different direction. I deduced that it was IPTV. Low and behold, looks like I was on the money.

That should make you quite happy. If they get it right. And they will, eventually.So just to beat your dead horse, I would suggest you get that titanium. Because they will get it right, and I've seen IPTV, Issues of many kinds across many boxes. I'm sure you have two if you sell them. Again once all related apps are functioning correctly, that includes yours as well as support apps within the box, they control the proper operation and delivery of your service? You need back up across-the-board. I don't Sell TITANIUM! OK? But I don't plow the same ground twice and less were raising something new. Meaning I don't have time to set up and reset up 40 apps because of developers that made a couple if errors.
                        IF that makes no sense to you, I cannot help you brother.

So good day, but please share the software information that comes on your box and tell us what you paid?
                        I am interested, I thought about throwing this one in the trash and buy another hoping to hit 3.7 or less 0S.
                        Actually I thought about burning mine, or crushing it into small pieces and sending it to UGOOS.

here's something , it may round out your research a little. You can roll back to 3.7-- it is encrypted.
                        My understanding it was not ENC coming up.
                        But I believe it didn't begin with 3.9, - some foundation work was laid in before then.
                        But they say some people thought 3.7 was less buggy. **Which that whole explanation defies logic.
                        Why would people not like 3.9 but would be happy with 3.7 that is encrypted. But they never run 3.7 encrypted?! So plenty of lies to go around I believe. Of course they're not lies, they're just situational truths, or Perhaps Chinese selling Techniques. I never found the use,
                        for such skills.
                        Last edited by ClarkKent; 04-16-2021, 05:14. Reason: Just cuz

Comment

Do you have the box yet? Again why did you buy the box? That is not a shot at you,
                          I truly am interested what motivated you.
                          I have not had any problem with which you speak. My radios have been, that includes lan connection, anything having to do with communicating outside the box, OK? Rocksolid no issues.
                          However, I contend that 3.9 up, possibly earlier, has created situations with some, obviously not all, that are unacceptable.
                          So again, make sure you have storage and capture ongoing logs. When the issue arises look at the logs.
                          I haven't received the boxes, they are in transit.

Why I was interested?

I had ordered 2 pcs KM6 deluxe, and they didn't detect the 5Ghz WI-FI signal.. That issue is also widely documented on this and other forums. and Mecool has confirmed that they are aware of it but don't have a fix for it yet.

I then considered the Beelink GT King Pro WI-FI 6, but this time did some research and found plenty of posts everywhere, that it has the same issue as the KM6. One member of this forum has sent me private message confirming the issue, with screenshots. In another thread I posted a link to the official Beelink forum, where there is by now a 4 page thread on that issue.

I then found the Ugoos AM6 being massively plugged on this forum, so I ordered them.

After I ordered I found by coincidence a post on this forum that reported the network fall off, so I started researching on other forums, and found plenty of posts claiming the same thing. Those forums include 4pda - XDA and the official Ugoos blog. They ALL claimed the same thing, that is started ONLY after the 0.3.9.1 update, and since that one is encrypted, it can't be rolled back to a previous unencrypted version.

It is also not an amlogic SDK problem, as another respected member on this forum suggested, because the exact same problems are reported with the X3 Cube, which is a different processor.

An app that doesn't work properly, or a framerate that doesn't display correctly, are all minor bugs that can be corrected or bypassed by using a different app for the same purpose.

A network that falls off frequently, is the same as a Mercedes Benz where the engine stalls every 100 KM. Would you consider that as a minor bug?

Comment

Jancales

here's a little tidbit, it may round out your research a little. You can roll back to 3.7 it is encrypted. My understanding it was not coming up. But I believe it didn't begin with 3.9, some foundation work was laid in before then. But they say some people thought 3.7 was less buggy. Which that whole explanation defies logic. Why would people not like 3.9 but would be happy with 3.7 that happens to be encrypted. Because they've never run 3.7 encrypted. So plenty of lies to go around I believe. Of course they're not lies they're just situational truths,Perhaps Chinese selling Techniques. I never found the use for such skills.
                            Version 0.3.7 was initially not encrypted, the encryption only started with 0.3.9.1, so people on the unencrypted 0.3.7 are reporting they didn't have the network fall off.

Now it is only possible to roll back to an encrypted version of 0.3.7, which is available on the Ugoos site, but I have not seen a single post of someone reporting that fixes the issue.

Again, I don't care much about the framerates and Dolby this or that, because many are not even observed by most people.

My boxes are used for IPTV,and a network drop off is then a major problem. By the way, there are also plenty of reports, that IPTV doesn't work properly. It gives distorted picture, reboots the box when changing channel etc

Here is just one, reported today on the 4pda forum

So far, only iptv playback is out of confusion - sometimes a picture is poured. in all applications that I tried (a dozen if not more) And it is not clear why this is happening.

Comment

"....I Then found the Ugoos AM6,
                              being massively plugged on this forum,
                              so I ordered...."

My favorite quote of the day! In the running for all-time favorite. Adware will be glad to hear it. Please forward this to unnamed engineer, Becky, Nancy at ugoos

They seem to think their success is based on their clients.
                              I would say that whoever there in partnership with on the cube. And you can bet they're signed into that one.
                              That's not just an OEM.
                              Obviously it shares the same problems because it shares the same SW.
                              Ck with Svlad, I'll bet he has the inside scoop.

That's what I said 3.7 was not encrypted.
                              But I can't remember them ever doing a X.X .1 ever in upgrades.
                              Perhaps one never three in a row. Add to that that I had some pretty strange issues start with 3.7.
                              Like semi-transparent screensaver operating with layered three deep. And the first time With application hangs, five seconds+ and then I would go ahead and load, never in 18 months. This and more started with 3.7-
                              Maybe they didn't encrypt until 3.9. I seriously doubt it.

Again it just makes no sense to build 3.7 encrypted on the basis of people like 3.7 ,when you're having issues with 3.9 encrypted. What in the world would make a person think that 3.7 encrypted would be the best practices answer?
                              That whole line of reasoning and explanation flies in the face of logic and common sense.
                              Please tho, It's obvious you leave no stone unturned, I commend you,
                              I know somebody else like that. Although he can be very irritating because he's pretty relentless.

Find somebody who has done 3.7 rollback encrypted. They get a testimonial from them I'm curious. I would do it.
                              But I don't think my box or move from where it's at.
                              And I'm definitely not moving to four. The girls told me to pick up 3.7. I told them it won't go the script is not correct for rolling back. They didn't specify that that 3.7 was made in December late. So since their attitude was go fix it yourself go to for the 4dPA , go see Magendanz - They don't even know the peoples name.
                              But they do know they don't wanna be bothered with the customer support. I mean they don't even comment in their own blogs.
                              In any case they didn't specify where this would be.
                              Nancy said go to "mega secure" app --well there was one at -but of course it's been taken down. And why? Because it was hacked!
                              I ran 3.7 upgrade built in August against 3.9.1 and surprise!
                              it didn't work. But it did go to 3.9 ....it didn't screw it up anymore, but did screw my head up more. LOL.
                              Actually not funny at all.
                              And a little tip for anybody else who's reading our back-and-forth. I used to thumb drive on the 6pro to offload some data, and attempt a flash. Then I used it in my, absolutely brand new beelink GT1mini2. IT had not seen more than two hours action. With as good as the am6 performs, the Blink had been sitting boxed all last year. I ran it for several days after the 6pro flop, then I put the thumb drive in the B-link and within a day-- I've got root identical issues and that has progressed, it's taken a toll on gt1mini
                              So I say again, I may have picked up a bug. BUT the two of them absolutely dovetail together, overlap, or combined with Not talking about separate activities, some time apart~
                              so it really looks like whatever happened to U6, was injected into the GT1m via thumb drive. Make of that what you will. I'm not an engineer nor a developer. But I sure wish I knew what the hell happened. Even if it is unfixable.

Comment

Did you actually click on the links to 4pda and the official Ugoos blog I posted?

There are at least TWENTY posts from different people, and I easily can find you another 20, who report that their LAN stopped working from the moment they updated to 0.3.9.1. Every day new posts reporting that issue are added.

You think they all at once got a faulty LAN cable?

Now take into account, that the people who post on those forums are a minority of those that actually experience that issue, so I can say it is widespread
                                Maybe I am one of those who posted but my issue was not WIFI or LAN. I did not experienced issue on connection or maybe it is bareable on my end.

Comment

Working...
                                X