Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UGOOS AM6 S922X TV Box Android 9.0

Amlogic S922X / 2GB LPDDR4 + 16GB EMMC / 2.4G + 5G WiFi / BT5.0 / 1000Mbps / USB3.0

Specification

Brand: Ugoos
    Type: TV Box
    System: Android 9.0
    CPU: Amlogic S922X
    Core: Hexa Core
    RAM: 2G RAM
    RAM Type: LPDDR4
    ROM: 16G ROM
    Max. Extended Capacity: TF card up to 32GB (not included)
    TV Box Features: 5G WiFi
    Color: Black
    Decoder Format: H.263, H.264, H.265, HD MPEG4
    Audio format: MP3, WAV, WMA, MPEG, PCM, AC3
    Video format: AVI, DAT, ISO, MKV, MP4, MPEG, RM, WMV
    Photo Format: BMP, GIF, JPEG, JPG, PNG, TIFF
    Support 5.1 Surround Sound Output: Yes
    5G WiFi: Yes
    Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.0
    Power Supply: Charge Adapter
    Interface: 3.5mm Audio,AV,DC 12V,HDMI,LAN,SPDIF,TF card,USB2.0,USB3.0
    Language: Multilanguage
    HDMI Version: 2.1
    RJ45 Port Speed: 1000Mbps
    Power Type: External Power Adapter Mode
    Remote Controller Battery: 2 x AAA Battery ( not included )
    Product weight: 0.3000 kg
    Package weight: 0.7000 kg
    Product size (L x W x H): 13.00 x 12.00 x 2.00 cm / 5.12 x 4.72 x 0.79 inches
    Package size (L x W x H): 17.00 x 16.00 x 10.00 cm / 6.69 x 6.3 x 3.94 inches
    Package Contents: 1 x TV Box, 1 x Remote Control, 1 x HDMI Cable, 1 x Power Adapter, 1 x English Manual

Gearbest
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Thanks for posting. It looks promising but I wish it came stock with 4gb RAM and more storage (32/64).

I like the dual external antenna design.

Comment

• trebor
      trebor commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes 4gb would be better 32 or 64 not such an issue...Noth a SD card cannot fix if needed

Originally posted by Venusflytrap View Post
    Thanks for posting. It looks promising but I wish it came stock with 4gb RAM and more storage (32/64).

Is there anything you use that needs so much storage?
    A 32/64GB micro-sd card can also be merged with Android internal storage to provide more space.
    Multi-boot with LibreELEC or Armbian can also run from a 32/64GB flash drive, not just a micro-sd card if you want to use Linux.
    LibreELEC uses less than 200MB RAM to play 4K videos.

I hope they will make 4GB RAM devices too, but I've never used an app or game that required more than 2GB that didn't run.

The Vim3 can use extra SSD storage but I don't know if Android can run off it or only Linux.

Comment

$150.00 on Presale at Gearbest.com

I liked the data sheet on this device, even accept they fact they removed the fan and replaced with heavy heatsink, but still it is over priced for only 2GB/16GB device. At minimum they should be throwing in 4GB ram in these devices.

Comment

IMHO One movie in good quality takes 15-30 GB, so there is no difference how much you have eMMC (16\32\64), but the price varies significantly. For the difference in price between 16GB and 32-64 GB eMMC, you can buy a USB size significantly larger (100-200 GB) and easily change and use these media anywhere (PC, TV boxes, etc). 4-8 GB is enough to accommodate any system with all components.

By the way, the speed of a good USB 3.0 external drive can be significantly better than that of the eMMC.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

Is there anything you use that needs so much storage...
          Actually yes.

You remind me of that quote "No one will need more than 637 kB of memory for a personal computer; 640KB ought to be enough for anybody," (Or words to that effect)...

I don't want to be bothered by having to use a microSD card or USB sticks for extra storage. I want it all internal storage. Make it seemless.

Comment

Actually yes.

You remind me of that quote "No one will need more than 637 kB of memory for a personal computer; 640KB ought to be enough for anybody," (Or words to that effect)...

I don't want to be bothered by having to use a microSD card or USB sticks for extra storage. I want it all internal storage. Make it seemless.
            What do you want to place in additional 16GB (32eMMC) or 48GB (64eMMC) ?

Comment

As found over at CNX-Soft Ugoos AM6 Fanless S922X TV Box Launched for $150

For those that have been waiting for the launch of the Ugoos AM6 S922X TV box, enough of the anticipation. The long wait is now finally over!

Earlier in April, we reported the increased mass production of Amlogic processors. With the Ugoos AM6 taking the lead, producing a fan cooled prototype.
              We are pleased to inform you that a fanless version of the TV box has finally been released, and is available in the marketfor just $150. Also, we now have some photos of its enclosure

While Beelink GT1-K launched around mid-April, its specifications are slightly different from Ugoos features. What Features to Expect from the new AM6

Main Features
              • An Android 9.0 operating system.
              • Fully equipped with the Amlogic S922X CPU, Quad core, ARM Cortex-A73, 1.7GHz + Dual-core ARM Cortex A53 1.8GHz.
              • An ARM Mali-G52 MP6 ( 6ppc ) GPU
              • Up to 2GB LPDDR4 RAM + 16GB EMMC ROM.
              • In addition, approximately 2.4GHz + 5GHz dual band WiFi, IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac and 2?2 MIMO.
              • Built-in 1000M Ethernet Integrated IEEE 802.3 10/100/1000M Ethernet MAC with RGMII.
              • It supports Bluetooth 5.0.
              • Also supports 4K ultra HD image display.
              • Can work with H.265 decoding.
              Other Specifications

Type of Media Supported
              • Decoder Format: H.263, H.264, H.265, HD MPEG4
              • Audio format: MP3, WAV, WMA, MPEG, PCM, AC3
              • Video format: AVI, DAT, ISO, MKV, MP4, MPEG, RM, WMV
              • Photo Format: BMP, GIF, JPEG, JPG, PNG, TIFF
              • Furthermore, it can support 5G WiFi
              • In addition, it uses Bluetooth 5.0
              • Power Supply: Charge Adapter
              • Interface: 3.5mm Audio, AV, DC 12V, HDMI, LAN, SPDIF, TFcard, USB2.0, USB3.0
              • It also has a multiple language function
              • Available in HDMI Version: 2.1
              • RJ45 Port Speed: 1000Mbps
              Bottom Line

Unlike the prototype, Ugoos AM6 Fan cooled S922X TV box,
              which never launched, this new and improved fanless Amlogic S922X TV box has a passive cooling element. Meaning it does not require a fan.

Ugoos AM6 fanless

Ugoos AM6 Fanless S922X TV Box with 2GB LPDDR4 RAM + 16GB EMMC flash has just launched on GearBest for $150 including shipping
              treboR
              Please consider
              Donating to Freaktab

Comment

If I factor in the cost of the box plus shipping and import taxes, it's not far off the cost of a Shield TV with remote and game controller in my region.

The game controller itself sells for the difference between the Ugoos and Shield if you put it up on fleabay etc.

The SOC on the Tegra is way more powerful than the S922X and of course the Shield is also far more versatile with the services that can be run.

I can't think of a valid reason to consider it.
                R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

• trebor
                  trebor commented
                  Editing a comment
                  But I think you did get a Odroid N2 or may have been someone else ?

Now only $119 at Gearbest

$119.9 coupon code: GBCNUGAM6: amount: 50

treboR
                Please consider
                Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Comment

Only 50 available though of course, which have all gone at that lower price.

Also not sure what the N2 has to do with this as it was much cheaper.
                    R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Coupon code should drop it down unless they ran out....was a limited number

Well you said "I can't think of a valid reason to consider it." the AM6

The N2 by the time you but the bits
                      No wiFi, No eMMC No case etc etc, pending on extras, much the same thing was all

Last edited by trebor; 07-22-2019, 21:18.
                      treboR
                      Please consider
                      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

He we go with a bit of Quality Build by the looks and thank to Ugoos

The Ugoos AM6 Amlogic S922X / 2GB LPDDR4 + 16GB EMMC / 2.4G + 5G WiFi / BT5.0 / 1000Mbps / USB3.0
                        Don't be put off by the small amount of Ram plenty for today's needs

Main Features
                        ● Android 9.0 operation system
                        ● Amlogic S922X CPU, Quad core, ARM Cortex-A73, 1.7GHz + Dual core ARM Cortex A53 1.8GHz
                        ● ARM Mali-G52 MP6 ( 6ppc ) GPU
                        ● 2GB LPDDR4 RAM + 16GB EMMC ROM
                        ● 2.4GHz + 5GHz dual band WiFi, IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac and 2x2 MIMO
                        ● 1000M Ethernet Integrated IEEE 802.3 10/100/1000M Ethernet MAC with RGMII
                        ● Support Bluetooth 5.0
                        ● Support 4K ultra HD image display
                        ● Support H.265 decoding

A Quality Build as you will see all Metal Case etc

Box

What's in the Box

Ports Ports and More Ports

Remove the Base: all metal thread screws

Remove PCB: More Bits,

Remove the Bits

Heat Sink: No Fan

A Naked Port View

$119.9 coupon code: GBCNUGAM6:
                        <<< click
                        treboR
                        Please consider
                        Donating to Freaktab

Comment

On with the Show

Basic and Good startup as to be expected nothing Over the top as yet
                          Android 9 and the new Amlogic 922x chips are still a WIP I feel
                          Not 100% finished product, Close for sure.

Anyways, WiFi and Ethernet set up easy.
                          Google, Account all good installed and updated Apps and testers easy
                          Evan an OTA

The UI Settings and features are Much the same as teh CUBE X2
                          Have a look Cube X2 to get the idea
                          https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...684#post778684

UI Basic

System Info: Important stuff all there

Geekbench: CPU

More Info >>>> http://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/13994457

Geekbech: Compute

AIDA64 .gif

SD Car test

3DMARK

CPU-Z

Antutu

What can I say so far:

Pretty Fast, Basic UI (add your own)at this stage.
                          Android 9 and S992x all new, will take some time to be 100% finalised. but looking pretty good so far

Just a matter for the App Devs to get on board to make sure all is 100%
                          compatible some apps maybe a bit quirky at this stage.

Balbes150 is supporting with LibreELEC, and Armbian so more options

Good Box, all Metal, Hardware, Great Thermal Control with that hunk of alloy and Good WiFi/Ethernet etc.
                          Plus You have all the extra Ugoos Goodies in setting to Fiddle with.

UGOOS do a pretty good job when they do it, but like all things does not happen over night but will happen.

$119.9 coupon code: GBCNUGAM6:
                          <<< click
                          treboR
                          Please consider
                          Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Working...
                          X