No announcement yet.

UGOOS AM6 S922X TV Box Android 9.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how do i put my board into upgrade mode ?

Comment

hmm burn tool cannot find device

Comment

Again, I do not have the AM6 and I have never used the Linux tool. I do not know if it will work on your AM6, as the instructions there are for Khadas products. Additional info(scroll down to Linux section) is here, maybe you can get something out of it, but again, instructions are for Khadas products. FYI The Khadas VIM3 uses the Amlogic a311d SoC, that is closely related to the Amlogic 922x SoC used in the AM6.

Wish I could help, but I do not have the experience to do so.

balbes150 gives some instructions above about getting the box into upgrade mode using the Windows USB tool, maybe the same procedure will work on the Linux tool.
        Good luck.
        Last edited by RISCy Dude; 09-15-2019, 10:06.

Comment

ok thanks for your input rd

Comment

At the bottom there is a hole, behind it there is a button, you need to gently press it and hold down, connect the power cable and then connect the USB cable.

Comment

Originally posted by balbes150 View Post
              At the bottom there is a hole, behind it there is a button, you need to gently press it and hold down, connect the power cable and then connect the USB cable.
              ok thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Sterno View Post
                ....ok thanks
                Babs is yur guy on the various "alternative" OS paks.
                HE EVAN HAS ONE FOR THE (rk3399) N6, running from a sd card. Of course you must create the boot able card first. Idk you could do it w/o a pc. GoodLuk!
                Kris....don't forget my boxes! Okay?

Comment

• RISCy Dude
                  RISCy Dude commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You can make a bootable USB drive or card using Linux too. I have not done it myself. So cannot help with that(big surprise.LOL).

ya i know how to make bootable disks with linux usb or sd

Comment

Originally posted by Sterno View Post
                  ya i know how to make bootable disks with linux usb or sd
                  I assume Linux is your primary OS, I figured you had those skills. I am a Linux rookie, love it, but not skilled with it.

Did you have any luck with flashing your AM6?

Comment

no couldnt get flash tool to find my box i still struggle with command line stuff

Comment

Nothing similar seen under lsusb as seen in the guide?
                      $lsusb | grep Amlogic BUS 002 Device 036: ID 1b8e:c003 Amlogic, Inc.

Comment

ya it was simalar i got everything to work eccept it cant see my box

Comment

In that guide, it suggests that if that line comes back as above it says, "The message above means that your VIM is connected and recogized by Ubuntu."
                          Are you saying the Linux burning tool cannot see it?

Comment

im still confused if the box needs power on to push the reset button i think i need to push and hold button and power on

Comment

balbes150 said, "At the bottom there is a hole, behind it there is a button, you need to gently press it and hold down, connect the power cable and then connect the USB cable.

1.) Push and hold the button, keep holding that button until Ubuntu picks it up, then release the button.
                              2.) Connect power cable
                              3.) Connect USB cable.

While I do not have the AM6, that procedure is similar to devices I do have.

Comment

Working...
                              X