UGOOS AM6 S922X TV Box Android 9.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

There is actually an even newer firmware.

The first one is for flashing from a PC.
    The second firmware, ota, you can copy onto a USB drive and point the Ugoos Updater app to it and then it will update on the device itself without a PC or downloading the ota manually which is not available at the moment until more people test this new firmware I heard.

This is the normal Android firmware, not AndroidTV.

v0.2.3
    1. Fixed CEC wake up
    2. Added CEC work with function "disable auto power-on"
    3. Improvements of system automatic frame rate function for more stable work with program AFR functions
    4. Fixed video offset (black stripes), if use custom display size
    5. Fixed colored stripes bug when boot with AV and on some old TVs
    6. Replaced Android TV Remote Service to version from play market
    7. Fixed bug, not showing all external storages for Samba Server
    8. Added usb audio settings, removed USB audio routing from developer settings
    9. Fixed CPU load with droidlogic app
    10. DolbyVision disabled by default
    11. Fixed "None" proxy setting
    12. Fixed static ip settings bug, not showing current dns servers
    13. Added custom ir power key setting
    14. Some changes in deep color setting

https://mega.nz/#F!XhcV3CLb!emt8vC9t9xe2pUyMIeGsLA
    This Firmware is also for the AMD 6 Pro?

Comment

Originally posted by Duvel View Post

This Firmware is also for the AMD 6 Pro?
      +1 , also want to know if Standard model FW will work on Pro model?

Comment

Originally posted by ministerjee View Post

+1 , also want to know if Standard model FW will work on Pro model?
        Just did OTA with Root. No problems. Works perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post
          Instructions for running CoreELEC
          You forgot to add information about the problems that users will receive after this instruction.

Comment

I may have to eat some "crow" here...
            I stated earlier the am6 would not require more than 2gb ram...
            yet I find mine regularly using 75% (1.45g) while not working hard.
            boot completes, and base op level is 1.3g ... the 922 must just need more than my 3399rk @ .9 to 1.1g upon boot?
            If fact whilst cruising GB web kinda heavy, the screen (video) went black for about 2 seconds... happening several times.
            I noticed that the page opened would still take a command, say if mouse is hovering on a button, prior to screen blk. out. So just a video display interrupt. Most strange!?
            I then realized Ram was at near 100% use. finally the 6 seemed to jettison about .6g returning to normal ops.
            closing pages and a reboot got it back to it's "baseline" ram status.
            Not liking this behavior much, it's a first for me.

QUESTION: Can some adjustment to the memory profile settings via "Kernal Auditor" app help to release unneeded ram? Getting to a more aggressive self-clearing status.. and staying in this ops mode?
            ANY input or reports of similar behavior is most welcome... thnx!
            Kris....don't forget my boxes! Okay?

Comment

I don't have this box. Maybe set background app limits in Developer options. Also try setting Close Apps when leaving them.
              These are just shots in the dark, as all of my devices have sweet, sweet 4GB RAM.

I kid of course, I have 2GB devices too.

Comment

Originally posted by RISCy Dude View Post
                These are just shots in the dark, as all of my devices have sweet, sweet 4GB RAM.
                I kid of course, I have 2GB devices too.
                free shot on goal...? it's okay, I have a thick head... er, scratch that!
                ​​​​​​... Thick Skin. 8-/

later this day, it is running around 90% using... #!???x$!!.
                I'll look into dev sets... something is not right?!
                could partially be GB app, nit niticed before, but they store about 10 cookies and may be doing lots of background action.
                still, ram s/b dumping excess, non-critical if running up to redline.

I will post a couple of screen shots, and the memory profiles reported from the kernal tweakin app.

riscky... you should get one... somewhere in here is a super-fine stb.
                get the Pro... tho. 8~} !!

Comment

• RISCy Dude
                  RISCy Dude commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sorry, I saw an opening and I took it. :-)
                  I checked on the most similar device I have, Khadas VIM3(A311D similar to S922), running Android Pie. VIM3 has 4GB, but never saw more than 34% RAM in use, I assume that would be about 68% for 2GB RAM. Yours seems high, maybe it will get worked out in F/W update, Ugoos pretty good about tweaking.
                  Generally I have found 2GB boxes run well.
                  Are there custom ROMS for the AM6 yet? If so, you may want to try one for comparison.

Now 95% plus Ram load. ....O0oooohh! I HATE to tangle with support. But This won't work, for long. Maybe a Wipe & Watch, loading item by item? Too Bad, Le' Box does So Much just Right. Like loading these SS....Purely a Snap. Running data from mass storage, Flawless.
                Attached Files
                You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 4 photos.
                Last edited by ClarkKent; 11-14-2019, 06:15.

Comment

Originally posted by ClarkKent View Post
                  Now 95% plus Ram load. ....O0oooohh! I HATE to tangle with support. But This won't work, for long. Maybe Wipe & Watch, loading item by item? Too Bad, Le Box does So Much just Right. Like loading these SS....Purely a Snap. Running data from mass storage, Flawless.
                  Have you used a system monitor app to see where the memory usage is going?
                  Try something like https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...sysmonitor.app

If you are using Chrome browser, switch to something faster and more lightweight like
                  https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ori.hermitcrab or

Android Pie uses about 1.2-1.5GB RAM on every device and is normal.
                  Android is an OS that puts all running apps in the background instead of closing it and uses a lot of RAM, it's how it was designed to work optimally.
                  You don't really need to worry as the apps used the least will close in the background to make room for new apps and services automatically.

If you want very low RAM usage, like 500MB or less, you can try booting Armbian from a micro-sd card or USB that balbes150 created, then you will have a full Linux OS with better web browsing.

Comment

I thought I'd taken two updates, last being the 2.1.7 (? maybe)... yet showing a date of 8/27/19 in the SW info.
                    Could that be correct??
                    Shouldn't the date correspond to any of the updates?

Comment

• mo123
                      mo123 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      The last update is v0.2.3
                      You have to download the full ota update, 2nd file and then use the Ugoos Updater app to manually install it.
                      MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

The Ugoos Updater app can only see up to v0.1.* searching online until all the testing with the new firmware is finished, then they will roll it out to everyone.

mo123 All good stuff for sure.
                    I'll look around.
                    Any "Kernel Auditor" app settings will have little to no impact?
                    I forgot about the A9 operating, My first time for this too. 1.5g on 2g hardware seems too tight to me, and Chrome/googly is a Hog alright.
                    ​​​​​​​I'll have to look elsewhere.
                    A consistent 60% load does not bother me, or the OS.... 80-90+ Does.
                    Alternative OS are very enticing to me, I've gotta make that happen... just wanted to set this up as many before, get a good feel for everything. Then a couple of full system back-ups, so as to have a fall back in case.
                    But the bugs have to be flushed out first... uhg?

Comment

updated to latest FW, and froze a few apps, so as to review a little...most probably with Mo's link above.
                      as told , it Seems to be stabilized around 1.5 ...a little up, and a little dn. Better!

- Where are the Dev Sets? cant find for some reason, thought i had 'em earlier.
                      - Titaniums' new cache killer is really effective too on a "run a way" situation.
                      - Where's the input on my Kernel Apk settings question??

Comment

• RISCy Dude
                        RISCy Dude commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Not seen that f/w, but in settings, under About tablet(box,etc) you will find the build number, click it seven times or so and that will activate developer options. On the device I am using, dev. options show up at Settings/System/Advanced/.

Android = crappy app management system that came from ancient devices with very slow memory. Then loading the application into RAM took a lot of time and the developers were cunning, keeping all the applications constantly in RAM. Now the EMMC memory has improved the characteristics so much that downloading the application (launch) from eMMC takes very little time. So there is no need to keep all applications in RAM. You need to change the system usage style. If you run the application and then you do not need it, remove it manually forcibly from memory (forcibly close and remove from RAM). I. e. use the same principle that works in the OS on the PC. Closing the application = completely unloading it from RAM.  

Comment

Originally posted by ClarkKent View Post
                        updated to latest FW, and froze a few apps, so as to review a little...most probably with Mo's link above.
                        as told , it Seems to be stabilized around 1.5 ...a little up, and a little dn. Better!

- Where are the Dev Sets? cant find for some reason, thought i had 'em earlier.
                        - Titaniums' new cache killer is really effective too on a "run a way" situation.
                        - Where's the input on my Kernel Apk settings question??

Try http s://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.franco.kernel

Or EX kernel manager

Comment

RISCy Dude Uh?...Duh! -I forgotted. Much Better now. running about 1.1g of 2.1 available,Yay. Sweeetness!
                          Before ticking on Apk. Kill upon leaving operations. That's what you meant?
                          Seriously, if you have Titanium BkUp you should try the (?) add-on widget/ feature to Clear the system ....seems well written, no cons seen.

Please, Devs?... whats yur read on memory/ vurtiual mem. profile tweaks? Placebo or real deal?

Duvel A while back, tried to run Franco on my rk3399... couldn't set-up, run or pay for...Can't remember the problem exactly, but wouldn't play nice.
                          Youv'e run it and like it? Why, pray tell? ...curious i am.

Comment

• RISCy Dude
                            RISCy Dude commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Setting I referred to is "Don't keep activities". I have since learned this may not be used for what I thought is was used for. Best to leave it unaltered, I hear. As you may have guessed by now, The previous statements are based entirely on hearsay.
                            Search term "Developer options don't keep activities" for more info.
                        Working...
                        X