No announcement yet.

UGOOS AM6 S922X TV Box Android 9.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No shipping info yet. Have emailed them asking when to expect.

Comment

well, i received my plus model today via DHL, box seems very fast and snappy. out of box interface very clean, no bloatware or anything. plenty of options in setting, including root. navigation bar can be hide, which i like. first thing i did was connected to wifi and update (0.2.6), found 2 updates, right away, now im on 0.2.9..so OTA works out of box which i was worried about after seeeing posts about previous models.

only few things i did not liked,

-since i dont use remotes that comes with all boxes, im using minix a2 lite air mouse, and back button does not work, It only works in air mouse mode. (did not had this issue on other boxes). dont know how to fix...there is a setting to map my own buttons and save setting, but did not worked for me either.
      -using jbl Bluetooth sound bar and its paired but does not auto wake my bluetooth sound bar after i wake up from sleep mode, ugoos please fix this bug. i did not had this issue with my beelink box...i have to getup and manually press power button on sound bar.
      also one more issue , volume when increase jumps way too high if i turn it up just one step...may be there is a setting somewhere...still need to explore.
      -ofcourse youtube only upto 1080p..which i was expecting just like previous models...(may switch to smart youtube version sometime)
      -top led light way too bright..but can live with it.

anyways wifi speeds are very good ...now wondering if any custom firmware available..seen ATV version here on forum for am6/plus/pro models...looking for non-ATV custom firmware to try in near future.

Comment

• mo123
        mo123 commented
        Editing a comment
        There is a volume steps setting so you can increase the sensitivity of the volume to eg. 25 instead of the default 15 steps.

Shipping noticed received

Comment

New v0.3.1 firmware and dual-boot CoreELEC firmware
        MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

People can perhaps check if using above dual-boot firmware and these instructions if it can perhaps turn dual-boot firmware into AndroidTV dual-boot firmware
        UGOOS AM6 S922X TV Box Android 9.0 (https://www.gearbest.com/tv-box/pp_009954522026.html?wid=1433363&lkid=39831834) Amlogic S922X / 2GB LPDDR4 + 16GB EMMC / 2.4G + 5G WiFi / BT5.0 / 1000Mbps / USB3.0 https://forum.freaktab.com/UGOOS+AM6+S922X+TV+Box+Android+9.0++Amlogic+S922X+/+2GB+LPDDR4+++16GB+EMMC+/+2.4G+++5G+WiFi+/+BT5.

v0.3.1 ATV Firmware but without dual-boot

Comment

Delivered today. Looking g forward to getting home to check it out

Comment

Originally posted by Spastro View Post
            Delivered today. Looking g forward to getting home to check it out
            ... makes ya feel like a kid at Christmas!
            it will be worthy of the anticipation ;-)
            Kris....don't forget my boxes! Okay?

Comment

Love it.

Anything I should know about whilst getting used to it. ?

Comment

Actually I do have a question. Where in the settings can you confirm that this is actually the plus model?

When I go onto about it just says am6.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post
                  New v0.3.1 firmware and dual-boot CoreELEC firmware
                  MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

People can perhaps check if using above dual-boot firmware and these instructions if it can perhaps turn dual-boot firmware into AndroidTV dual-boot firmware
                  UGOOS AM6 S922X TV Box Android 9.0 (https://www.gearbest.com/tv-box/pp_009954522026.html?wid=1433363&lkid=39831834) Amlogic S922X / 2GB LPDDR4 + 16GB EMMC / 2.4G + 5G WiFi / BT5.0 / 1000Mbps / USB3.0 https://forum.freaktab.com/UGOOS+AM6+S922X+TV+Box+Android+9.0++Amlogic+S922X+/+2GB+LPDDR4+++16GB+EMMC+/+2.4G+++5G+WiFi+/+BT5.

v0.3.1 ATV Firmware but without dual-boot
                  https://yadi.sk/d/bbnaxG0w_AwlWA
                  Hi,

tried to install dual boot firmware on my AM6 Pro thru OTA on a non dual-boot 0.3.1 firmware...failed...Do I need to be on a dual-boot firmware to use the OTA?? Also, I am assuming this is a non ATV firmware w/ Dual-Boot...

Thanx!

Comment

Originally posted by freakkid View Post

Hi,

tried to install dual boot firmware on my AM6 Pro thru OTA on a non dual-boot 0.3.1 firmware...failed...Do I need to be on a dual-boot firmware to use the OTA?? Also, I am assuming this is a non ATV firmware w/ Dual-Boot...

Thanx!
                    These are full firmware images that are flashed with Amlogic Burning Tool through a PC.
                    If you want to use ATV dual-boot firmware, Sasvlad will release a v0.3.1 one next week.
                    You can only use OTA updates on non ATV firmware(normal & dual-boot) and they appear automatically when available to install.

Comment

Originally posted by Spastro View Post
                      Love it.

Anything I should know about whilst getting used to it. ?
                      not that I can think of...
                      ?run it like you rented it. ha!
                      I noticed my mouse pointer generally has to come from the lower left (8 o'clock) to consistently execute the task, same with drag and drop of app drawer across the bottom. a little strange? but works flawlessly once I picked up on 'it's' preference.
                      If you have the plus port layout and oem sticker on bottom, I'm sure you're good. A third party system info app... root checker, cpu monitor, will likely show you the badging difference and possibly the audio specs, etc specific to the Plus. methinks

Comment

Never use DHL Express guys

Comment

Originally posted by Silver View Post
                          Never use DHL Express guys
                          Really? DHL always delivers 3 to 7 days from China to me and they have never been late or missed a shipment, which can't be said about Amazon delivery.

Comment

DHL a lot is to do with the area they are in I feel
                            Some can have different agendas in different countries.
                            Here 2~3 china excellent service but other areas not so sure
                            treboR
                            Please consider
                            Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Whaaat?! 3 DAYS? 7-10 Central US, normal about 8. My Ugo pro, from Dubai got to Dallas quick enough... But they Always sit on it Several days before the usps hand-off.
                              ??This time, they lost the hand-off. It wasn't packed in the transfer, taking another week+ to find it and proceed as originally fubared.
                              Shucks! Still worth the wait... Not the money tho.

Comment

Working...
                              X