UGOOS AM6 S922X TV Box Android 9.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Experien View Post
    I just bought a Ugoos AM6 last week, I choose this specific box because I wanted high-quality components (seemed better than Beelink on this), and of course 1gbps connection to see my 4k movies.

I configured it and I thought everything was OK, but yesterday seeing some 4k movie on Kodi, it started buffering a lot, I decided to do an Iperf3 passthrough test to check connection speed and surprise, it was only giving me 100mbps.

What I've done so far trying to solve this problem:

1st I turned on my old Minix-neo u1 and tested it at the exact same location and same cable. I got a 1gbps speed test... (not a cable, not a router problem)... then I proceed to change router port and ethernet cable, Ugoos couldn't give me more than 100mbps and Minix could always give me 1gbps

2nd I installed CoreElec on Ugoos box (maybe it was an OS problem) and tested, same speed (100mbps)

3rd I installed a USB Gigabit to the USB 3.0 on the Ugoos box and it gives me (1gbps) - so definitly no router or cable problem :|

4th Just made a reset to the box and install through amlogic burning tool the first firmware they have and then updated one by one until the last firmware they have, always testing the connection speed. ALWAYS 100mbps

What do you think the problem can be? Is this a defective box?

SO SAD right now
    Well it seems it is a defective box,

Do your box ac connector also sparks when u connect the adapter?

Mine has also that problem...

Comment

• mo123
      mo123 commented
      Editing a comment
      I think you should send a photo and details of the serial number and the seller you bought it to Ugoos support and then also to the seller to ask for a replacement. I don't know how ethernet can only work at 100mbps if all the devices use gigabit ethernet hardware. Did you buy it from official Ugoos channels or a 3rd party seller?

Well it seems it is a defective box,

Do your box ac connector also sparks when u connect the adapter?

Mine has also that problem...
    Mo123 i sent a message to ugoos support explaining the situation and they told me it must be a defective box and told me to send it to the reseller (geekbuying) I'm now in contact with the reseller.

I'm a bit sorry for buying this brand cause I always had MINIX and never ever had an hardware problem. First time I bought Ugoos 2 major problems out of the box, the sparkling conector and the gigabit lan. And i bought this box 2/16gb instead beelink gt king with 32/4gb cause i thought building and componentes would be better... pufffffffff

At least they answer me very fast from their support e-mail...

My though about the 100mbps is that it must be some connectors broken inside!? I know 100mbps use less connectors... dunno.

Comment

• mo123
      mo123 commented
      Editing a comment
      I hope they help you quickly.
      It is definitely one of the best devices I've ever had, so I think you will be able to enjoy it much better than the Minix device.
      I usually buy from Gearbest as they have better support and then also register with free Paypal return shipping.
      I sent 2 other defective devices in the past back to them and Paypal refunded me all the return shipping costs, while Gearbest refunded the whole purchase price instead of just a percentage for keeping an item.

Mo123 i sent a message to ugoos support explaining the situation and they told me it must be a defective box and told me to send it to the reseller (geekbuying) I'm now in contact with the reseller.

I'm a bit sorry for buying this brand cause I always had MINIX and never ever had an hardware problem. First time I bought Ugoos 2 major problems out of the box, the sparkling conector and the gigabit lan. And i bought this box 2/16gb instead beelink gt king with 32/4gb cause i thought building and componentes would be better... pufffffffff

At least they answer me very fast from their support e-mail...

My though about the 100mbps is that it must be some connectors broken inside!? I know 100mbps use less connectors... dunno.
    I bought in Geekbuying for the first time, just bought there cause they had this device in their Spain warehouse and I'm from Portugal so tit was delivered in only 2 days, I also selected (thanks god) their "returning to the same warehouse under warranty" service so I hope it wents fast and without hassle, I think i will be paying something like 7€ for the returning so it is not that bad.

Comment

I bought most of my devices from geek buying always found them good although never had any serious issues.
      gearbest on the other hand. What a nightmare.

Comment

Originally posted by Spastro View Post
        I bought most of my devices from geek buying always found them good although never had any serious issues.
        gearbest on the other hand. What a nightmare.
        Bought 2 devices from geek buying they do spark when i plug in the power cable, sometimes the gpu glitches showing weird stuff on the screen , but rare.

Overall awesome tv box, autoframerate is very handy

i run 0.3.2 dualboot version

Comment

Do they spark when you plug it into the wall socket or I to the back of the box? Have you tried a different power adaptor. They are pretty standard.

Comment

Originally posted by Spastro View Post
            Do they spark when you plug it into the wall socket or I to the back of the box? Have you tried a different power adaptor. They are pretty standard.
            No i have not tried different power adapter, they spark when i plug into the box

Comment

I just tried the Dual Boot firmware (v0.3.2) on my AM6 Plus
              It all installed fine initially at least

But then I tried to restore my backup (created when initially running CE on SD card) - this backup file is ~ 1GB
              It immediately failed with error "not enough free storage space to continue"

I confirmed with CE that they are well aware of limitation with Ugoos Dual Boot firmware in that they did not create a large enough storage partition for CE in the split.

So just a heads-up for anyone else who wants to try this

I have sent a comment/request to Ugoos to revisit this and increase the partition size for the CE

Comment

Originally posted by DEcosse View Post
                I just tried the Dual Boot firmware (v0.3.2) on my AM6 Plus
                It all installed fine initially at least

But then I tried to restore my backup (created when initially running CE on SD card) - this backup file is ~ 1GB
                It immediately failed with error "not enough free storage space to continue"

I confirmed with CE that they are well aware of limitation with Ugoos Dual Boot firmware in that they did not create a large enough storage partition for CE in the split.

So just a heads-up for anyone else who wants to try this

I have sent a comment/request to Ugoos to revisit this and increase the partition size for the CE
                How many addons did you install in CE to have a 1GB backup?
                But yes, they could increase it a little, but that will mean Android has less storage.

Comment

I have now used the CEEMMC tool to do the Dual Install to EMMC manually
                  VERY simple to execute and although the AM6 is not one of the 'officially supported' devices, it works flawlessly
                  SSH in to your CE (on external storage) and use command ceemmc -x You don't even really need the instructions as all the options are spelled out on screen and its extremely intuitive.

Consider this:
                  If you have an already set-up Android system on your AM6, you will need to over-write it with the Ugoos Dual Boot firmware by using USB Burning Tool and then reconfigure your basic Android over again (you cannot do an OTA upgrade or a Recovery update from single boot to dual boot)
                  I actually went through this process twice - had set up my android initially; then got a USB Male to Male for OTG transfer and wrote the Dual Firmware; I then unfortunately reconfigured my Android FIRST before turning to the CE - when found that I could not use my pre-configured back-up I then had to re-burn the standalone Android Firmware; then reconfigure that again!)

With CEEMMC your Android is unchanged and you just transfer your CE into a new partition and you can boot to either OS.
                  It's also easy to 'reverse' the process to un-mount the CE partition to upgrade the Android with any future firmware releases.
                  Shouldn't have any requirement to burn any firmware - if you already have single-boot Android you can use the OTA or recovery options to update that; and the CEEMMC is by SHH, so no cable and no burning required.

Having tried both now, even without the Size limitation (which was show-stopper for me) I would say the CEEMMC is just MUCH easier to install. configure and update, as well as un-mount if you choose to restore the Android on the full EMMC (whether that be temporarily for Firmware update or permanently).

Comment

Can share link Twrp for ugoos am6 Plus?

Comment

Is there any chance to add/spoof hdcp? Cause my local steaming does requires hdcp. If not, only sound and black screen.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver View Post

No i have not tried different power adapter, they spark when i plug into the box
                        Yes, exact same behavior here! Including the weirdo GPU stuff once, when I connect it the first time.

Comment

Mine arcs a bit too when you plug it in - it obviously pulls a hefty current even at that stage - I expect they are all like that, and not that it is faulty box
                          Best for longevity of connector to leave it in at the box end and if you really need to pull power then pull the AC plug at the Power Strip

Edit - I just noticed a setting under "Power' Settings - Disable Auto Power On
                          Default appears to be that is NOT disabled i.e. power on when connector inserted
                          So enabling that setting I believe should eliminate the arc (have not validated this, but it makes sense intuitively)
                          Last edited by DEcosse; 05-26-2020, 23:55.

Comment

Nice surprise today

v0.3.3

1. Fixed work of multichannel high resolution PCM audio
                            2. Added saving display mode after turning off/on the TV with AV receiver
                            3. Now default display mode for applications equals resolution in settings
                            4. Now Lock UI size function worked for all display modes
                            5. Applications will not be redrawn if enabled Lock UI size function
                            6. Fixed screen rotation for non FullHD interface
                            7. Some wallpapers are copied to user folder
                            8. Added Fake Wi-Fi function
                            9. Fixed some crashes of application TvSettings
                            10. Added horizontal recent apps window as option
                            11. Fixed not worked TV volume control by CEC in some cases
                            12. Fixed h265 playback crash
                            13. Fixed interlaced video stream jitter bug
                            14. Fixed display freezes and becomes slow/lags while selecting PIP mode options in VLC app
                            15. Fixed freezes when playing 8k video (X3)
                            16. Ugoos remote changes:
                            - added quick connection menu
                            - added joystick menu
                            - fixed work with third-party keyboards
                            - added multi-touch to the touch screen
                            - added button on-off vibration
                            - added button power off TV box
                            - other changes

Dualboot build with CoreELEC
                            1. Increase CoreELEC partition size to 3GB
                            2. Replaced CoreELEC night build to stable 9.2.2

Comment