UGOOS AM6 S922X TV Box Android 9.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Adware View Post
    any news if what will be the next release?
    0.3.8.1 was released only a few days later

Changelog 5.11.2020 v.0.3.8.1

1. Separated superuser options SuperSU and Magisk

2. Changed the default color theme for Magisk Manager

3. Fixed return of hdmi sound parameters after listening to Hi-Fi PCM audio

4. Fixes of Ethernet work

5. Other changes of system

Comment

Originally posted by DEcosse View Post

0.3.8.1 was released only a few days later

Changelog 5.11.2020 v.0.3.8.1

1. Separated superuser options SuperSU and Magisk

2. Changed the default color theme for Magisk Manager

3. Fixed return of hdmi sound parameters after listening to Hi-Fi PCM audio

4. Fixes of Ethernet work

5. Other changes of system
      any chance that webcam fix will be included?

Comment

(you don't have to quote entire previous post to reply)

I have no idea - it clearly doesn't specifically state anything about it in the release notes
        Have you asked Ugoos directly? Raised it as an issue with their technical support?

Comment

yes, I raised it to Ugoos support but no luck. They are too busy according them.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post
            How to install Magisk on the AM6

1) Under Ugoos Settings - Choose Root with SuperSU
            2) Now restart your device
            3) Install Magisk Manager

4) Restart your device
            5) Open Magisk Manager and grant it root permission with SuperSU
            6) In Magisk Manager's Settings choose Magisk Core Mode Only and enable it
            7) Restart your device
            8) Open Magisk Manager and under Advanced Settings(You need to use an airmouse or USB mouse)
            choose only the 'Recovery Mode' checkbox and uncheck 'Preserve AVB 2.0/dm-verity'
            9) Now click on Install at the top right next to Magisk and select 'Direct Install'
            10) Wait for it to finish and then manually restart your device by long pressing the power button on the ir remote and choosing Restart'
            11) Magisk will now be installed
            12) In Magisk Manager's settings, disable the Magisk Core Mode Only so it uses the full Magisk Mode now
            13) Also disable SuperSU root now from Ugoos's Root Settings
            14) Reboot
            Magisk should now work fully and you can hide root from apps or make your device Google Certified by using theMagiskHide Props Config module.
            I used this method in Ugoos AM6 Plus and ended with boot loop

Comment

Originally posted by Rani2add View Post

I used this method in Ugoos AM6 Plus and ended with boot loop
              Latest AM6 stock firmware now has a Magisk option built-in.

Comment

Latest AM6 stock firmware now has a Magisk option built-in.
                where can i get that ?

Comment

Well I have flashed the new rom. But root cannot be completely hidden, Advance Root Checker is still showing SuperUser Binary and Busybox Binary even if the app is hidden fin Magisk Manager . Some apps do not work they detect root .

Comment

Well I have flashed the new rom. But root cannot be completely hidden, Advance Root Checker is still showing SuperUser Binary and Busybox Binary even if the app is hidden fin Magisk Manager . Some apps do not work they detect root .
                    Then hide the package name
                    Ever since the introduction of Google's SafetyNet feature, it's been an ongoing battle with apps trying to detect root access. For a while, there was a lot of back and forth between Magisk and certain apps. Pokémon GO was a high profile example of an app aggressively checking for anything related to root. Luckily, Magisk has made great strides to keep apps from detecting root for good.

and use Magisk Hide Props module to spoof your device as another
                    MagiskHide Props Config v6.1.2 Note: This project is dead, and has been for some time. I have not been involved in the Android modding scene for some time and I no longer have the energy to take it up again. If anyone feels like taking over...

and use a file manager to delete the system/xbin/su file

Comment

Then hide the package name
                      Ever since the introduction of Google's SafetyNet feature, it's been an ongoing battle with apps trying to detect root access. For a while, there was a lot of back and forth between Magisk and certain apps. Pokémon GO was a high profile example of an app aggressively checking for anything related to root. Luckily, Magisk has made great strides to keep apps from detecting root for good.

and use Magisk Hide Props module to spoof your device as another
                      MagiskHide Props Config v6.1.2 Note: This project is dead, and has been for some time. I have not been involved in the Android modding scene for some time and I no longer have the energy to take it up again. If anyone feels like taking over...

and use a file manager to delete the system/xbin/su file
                      Should I do this after enabling Magisk through Ugoos setting .I flashed the new firmware with this option available

Comment

Should I do this after enabling Magisk through Ugoos setting .I flashed the new firmware with this option available
                        another question. can I use xposed to hide root. actually the app I need to work only check root but not safety net. This is as per my experience with the app before in a beelink tv box

Comment

• mo123
                          mo123 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Only Magisk can hide root.
                          You do the steps after enabling Magisk inside the Magisk Manager app.

another question. can I use xposed to hide root. actually the app I need to work only check root but not safety net. This is as per my experience with the app before in a beelink tv box
                        I am able now to hide root. here is what I have done:

Enable Magisk
                        Hide Magisk
                        Use x-plorer with superuser+ mount writable option to delete su in system/xbin
                        Those steps were enough to hide root by using Magisk and my app is now runnig Ok.

I did not install the Props module because I did not need it but I am interested in having my device pass Safetynet if this is possible . I heard that there are some security changes in Android that will not allow passing safteynet anymore in rooted devices

Comment

do you have fix on external webcam for facebook messenger?

Comment

UPDATE Protocol HELP? STILL! Best box owned. So good haven't updated since 0.3.3

I've forgot the series of steps, or protocol for same. Think CCPcovid consequence?
                            Replaced twrp with stock recovery , un-rooted. No magisk is loaded except Mgr, and it's not installed.
                            Stk rec starts, but fails to confirm target. Yet files look the same. Could be one is: user_keys, the other: user_bug_keys
                            ALSO 3.3's consecutive update (like 48mg?) is on emmc. It needs to be on external storage. Right?

I had planned to go thru each update, I've looked at at least one, and noticed the "compatibility" zip. What's it's purpose, how and when to install/ use?
                            !!
                            Thanks for the assist and refresher. I figured probably changed to some degree. You'll save me bucou reading to catch up!
                            Kris....don't forget my boxes! Okay?

Comment

I am able now to hide root. here is what I have done:

Enable Magisk
                              Hide Magisk
                              Use x-plorer with superuser+ mount writable option to delete su in system/xbin
                              Those steps were enough to hide root by using Magisk and my app is now runnig Ok.

I did not install the Props module because I did not need it but I am interested in having my device pass Safetynet if this is possible . I heard that there are some security changes in Android that will not allow passing safteynet anymore in rooted devices
                              I was able to pass safety net using the props module

Comment

Working...
                              X