No announcement yet.

UGOOS AM6 S922X TV Box Android 9.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably this is issue with the NEW forced encryption they posted on the blog!

Comment

Originally posted by Silver View Post
      Probably this is issue with the NEW forced encryption they posted on the blog!

I tried everything, but it didn't work. That must be the problem

Comment

Originally posted by Hubo View Post

Dont emulate device model and it should work, ugoos dont want chinese to copy firmware so they added encryption to prevent thiefs.

Comment

New issue.
          Last night, I updated my Ugoos AM6 to firmware version 0.3.9 and run the recovery procedure to be able to boot into CoreElec on my SD card. It seems to work normally except for one major issue. I recently added several new albums to my music drive. All have been scanned to the library and both display and play perfectly in Android however, in CoreElec the album names are there but all folders show as empty.

Before performing the firmware update, I did a backup so, should I just restore the backup or do I need to scan the music drive in CoreElec? IMHO, even if the drive had not been scanned, the files should still be displayed, no?

Comment

• mo123
            mo123 commented
            Editing a comment
            Try to scan the files again, then ask in the CoreELEC forum if someone else have the same problem if it still doesn't work.

Ok. Scanning only seems to work in Android. Indeed, almost all media info has been located and displays in Kodi as it should, and that includes the files themselves which are equally playable. Not so in CoreElec which will not scan any of my music files and, even though it claims to be scanning movie files, no data is ever displayed although the movies are found in their folders and are playable. CoreElec is updating its addons correctly and shows both time and weather info so it is not that it has no internet connection. I will take this to the CoreElec forum as you suggested.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubo View Post

Can you send your screenshots and info posted here to
            [email protected]
            Tell them Magisk HideProps goes into a bootloop with option 10 after restarting.
            Hopefully they can fix it in the next update.
            I only tested with older firmware.

Comment

for friction

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

[email protected]
                Tell them Magisk HideProps goes into a bootloop with option 10 after restarting.

Hello, I wrote to them.

Comment

[email protected]

I got an answer.

Comment

Hello dudes! Is there any detailed video of the stock rom of this tv box? I just want to try a ported rom of this box to my new X88 king!

Comment

• mo123
                      mo123 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      AM6 firmware is encrypted and not working on other devices anymore.
                      Old ported firmware were removed from Freaktab and other sites since it violated Ugoos's copyright, so you will have to search for something like that yourself.

Any one got problems updating Magisk 20.4 to 21.4?

Tried it several times on my AM 6 pro
                    with latest firmware 0.3.9.1
                    Get this notification at the end

Unsupported/Unknown image format !
                    Installation failed

any idea?

Comment

Hi, ive just got my Ugoos AM6 Plus last saturday.
                      Ive made my research before closing the deal with this box, im coming from a Minix U1 which held pretty nice for five-six years but it was starting to show its age
                      Needless to say, a huge part of my research was reading this topic almost in full

Anyway, i have several questions, unfortunally i have the memory of a hummingbird so i can only remember two right now

- Ive set up the ugoos so it enters "sleep mode" when the tv is off. Is that a good way to save electriticity? Does it make much difference between totally off and sleep mode? Because the settings for sleep mode were super easy, it would be great to keep it that way

- what laucher do you guys use?

Comment

Anyone have a copy of a working TWRP for this AM6 plus box?
                        Also, any advice or pointers before I start testing out other firmware/mods

Comment

Originally posted by Bertonumber1 View Post
                          Anyone have a copy of a working TWRP for this AM6 plus box?
                          Also, any advice or pointers before I start testing out other firmware/mods
                          There is only stock firmware.
                          If you want ATV firmware, install the Ugoos ATV module.

You do realize all custom firmwares for S922x devices are based on very old source code from stock roms, full of bugs that get no ota updates. That is why everyone tried to pirate the AM6 firmware and mod it for their devices since it's so much better.
                          The firmware is encrypted now so that people can't pirate it. It also results in that you can now only use Ugoos firmware with ota updates.

Sent from my A9 Pro using Tapatalk

Comment

That is why everyone tried to pirate the AM6 firmware and mod it for their devices since it's so much better.
                            The firmware is encrypted now so that people can't pirate it. It also results in that you can now only use Ugoos firmware with ota updates.
                            Ok Mo Thanks for replying. So do you recommend I just leave this box as is? I'm happy with Supersu as I've read some stories about people installing Magisk and OTA not working. Magisk in recovery mode is a pain anyway.
                            I was only wanting twrp because after updating to android 9 I can't get into stock recovery (not sure if I ever had stock recovery).
                            Yeah I get what you mean, so basically ugoos is a good device hence why people want to copy the firmware. I noticed the kernel used is the same as the S905X3 X96MAX+ Q1 firmware.

I'm happy with this box on the build quality alone, from the metallic casing and antennas, so much different to the plastic Chinese clones I normally find myself having to modify just to make viewing/operation a bit more acceptable.

Comment

Working...
                            X