Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

Tried Titanium Backup?
    Thanks - I was looking at that - will give it a go - don't see anything on the Pro that I would need (at least not obvious with a once-over)

Comment

Originally posted by DEcosse View Post
      SO - any ideas what is preventing this from writing and how can I overcome that?
      DE.. Wow! Yeah that process about made me dizzy. I have similar work around with the 6 Pro. By the time I find the solution, I have forgotten the sequential order that got me there because of all the attempts that didn't.
      Like adware said, it's got to be the encryption . It's complicated extensive, and comprehensive . To the point where, I can't figure out how a regular app is loaded. Exactly, Yet?
      I'm going to make a bet that you you do not have TWRP loaded and working. ?? if you do please let me know. I'd like to know the version, and how you did it.
      The 3.9.0 to 39+.01 update, finalized the encrypt, marked last rollback point.
      you're now in uncharted waters. AKA The Twilight Zone.
      I was on 391 and encountered some issues. Customer support said to rollback on 3.7.0. Which is exactly what I attempted to do. The result landed 3.9.0.
      I seen no evidence that that's the version I loaded. Since Multiple attempts to load 370, have also failed. Reporting no ability to find the Klog. You tell me, am I looking for a crash log or a kernel log??
      SO, I've looked at a truckload of files on various versions- one that worked and many that didn't. As best you can, using mostly simplified Chinese.
      One possibility is the install script should be targeting a lower v#, not the current one written to upgrad... They didn't change the scriptsfor a rollback. The way the software is written, it's vital language it requires language be specific accuracy.
      In addition, I've lost addressing any exterior storage. Which of course, is where most documents and resource files are for rolling back. Twilight Zone!

All this, combined with recent vague
      customer support experience:
      "We are used to dealing with more serious problems, on more of an emergency case"

Roll in what Adware said a couple of post with his contact, abdifferent person mind you. 'That issue encountered has not been related by clients, therefore it is not a priority'
      ...Apparently Adware, and all of us are but end-users. Again, not a priority. This is not the place to pis and moan about such things...I'll leave it at, Ugoos is bragging about the AM6 Lineups' Great Market Success. When looking around, quickly you'll see lot of Raving Kudos for product And manufacturing. IT Is WE, The 'smart enough'... THE "END USERS"- That Buy & Own this Brand-Building device. Our Risk, research, experience sharing, and 'hard currency'binternational Buying, that made this Box, (a non-oem generic) into a "gotta have it" number 1 contender. Especially In a sea of competitors...This in-spite of' bad-experience' resellers. No small feat at all!
      IT Would Be Great! ...IF All People who Benefit from such Facts, Remember these are The Facts... AND ACT ACCORDINGLY.

My advice. Worth what you pay for it, is to Get Titanium Backup right now!
      Get the add-on and buy the key. (3pcs)
      I think it's $5. Have used it for 4+ years. It is absolutely is one of the best products there is, in terms of UI, Effectiveness, reliability. It just cannot be beat to get INCREMENTAL, individual backups of each sys or app. whether user, Android, and even deleted / frozen. They Will be there waiting to be reactivated. I have had hit or miss luck reloading full packages. Very good performance on user apps, I don't capture as much Android as I should. And the failure, I'm sure is on me... I didn't set it up correctly. I believe you should save the entire thing as a XML file.or nand bk up. But, the options and preferences are very easy to set up- I'm sure you'll catch on very quick. When you do see where my error was, please tell me.
      But I can see going forward, with the encryption... this is a valuable tool. I think the only thing that can stand in its way of being a total success, would be if one of the Android system apps, files or programs are in future upgrades essentially outlawed by Ugoos OS software team. Get it! Really- no disappoints, no worries, no more.

Now I'm back on the hunt for rolling back, fixing missing paths for external memory. Finding, recapturing file structure for 500 gigs of movies, now showing as a wiped disc. And straightening out the loss of root visibility. Which always has been a little funny...It will show rooted but when you go into the window, it wants to install root. And just prior to this it was working perfectly with the magisk. And magisk is written into the Su commands specifically. Now whether it's correct or not I don't know, but at least it's there now if I can get them to do the same with TWRP life would be lovely. Good luck my brother
      ??
      ???

Last edited by ClarkKent; 03-09-2021, 10:40.
      Kris....don't forget my boxes! Okay?

Comment

I think Ugoos misunderstood their success. Most of their bulk buyers / clients are just resellers which all goes down to end users. if us end users are not happy with their customer service and their attention to what end users
        are mostly concerns of, they will fail.

It is good that they are fixing bugs but I don't think they are listening to customer feedbacks. most of their features don't matter to ordinary users. they are still lost with their target market, imho

Comment

Originally posted by Adware View Post
          I think Ugoos misunderstood their success.....
          .... It is good that they are fixing bugs but I don't think they are listening to customer feedbacks. most of their features don't matter to ordinary users. they are still lost with their target market, imho
          Ditto. And if you been around a little while, you pay attention, and know a little thing about the basics of success, use use them to observe and to build some of that business... I'm not so sure that you have to be all that humble. So there really is a girl named Becky, I have to laugh at myself on that one. But when I combine what she said with what you were written to that sounds like a business culture? Going the wrong way. I've given it quite a bit of thought. They are working heavily on AI signage, and devices like the cube. I don't know about the former, but the latter they did I guess you could say build from an oem 2 a first-rate running Frontline device. Of course built on the lot they learn from building the am-6 project. And the success of that device is he in no small part to us. I may have said in my last post but in spite of their their retailers. I have only dealt with gear bust. And they're pretty good at the end of the day, if you have the patience and perseverance. But it makes for a very very long day. So my rollback adventure with director from one of their staff was in vain because I was not using the secure encrypted rollback version. And that is why I did not roll back but one increment. And there it lies just hacking the rest of my box apart day by day. Now that I have the correct address for the secure version, if I can ever get into it, we shall see if it gets better. Or maybe just a complete wipe and even then I don't know if I'm locked into this ROM that puts them in control.
          ??????, I would contend that they have not addressed quite a few issues. Like the conflicts on the on the root menu and it's dropdowns or extensions. If you use the system status bar and the menus that's four times it tells you about root and almost always minor sending conflicting messages but I usually get it to work now it nothing works. They have overlooked a lot of fine-tuning. Erase that they back button in the drop-down menu or, the status bar whatever is at the bottom of the screen and make it easier to back up when you're looking at your apps for instance one screen. From erasing your cash to looking at the elements of that particular app. Got a lot of things like that the last three upgrades, have also been dedicated to removing things that they put it in the prior two. It looks like there betting heavily on IPTV. I don't know.
          but I ask you this, at what point did I give up my rights as an administrator in owner of the device and turn it over to them for control? Seems like a contractual agreement that I didn't agree to. And I would just ask you to go look at some of the scripts look at the updater script for the ROM. Cuz I say I think it took three stage install it checks the temperature of the CPU it's circles around to the recovery app and if if it does not like what it reads as activity and violations of protocol it will take a list of all those violations and it makes a scheduling appointment I will send that log, apparently a very complete log, to somebody. Look through it please I want somebody to correct me if I'm wrong. They can't and that it's that you turn the logs on and pull what you want to send it to him for clarification in a correction of an error within the program. I see a lot more than that. And those that are smarter than me can also discern but it looks like it was largely bought from Apache? Maybe? I never thought about encryption that way but I guess you could buy a service and then you plug your details into it and it's a lot simpler than encrypting your entire wrong and this master updater script that has so many checks double checks and Security checks. So I apologize I mean to cast aspersions and I want to be wrong. But oh, those who really know this stuff please look at it? And adware, you're entirely correct the successive trash cans was determined by the end-user they were Square it had a huge hole in the bottom they weren't going to make it to Market. And out of the thousands and thousands of retailers of people in that chain there are about two dozen it probably know how to tweak a ROM to the to an end users satisfaction. And that's because they're very close to the end user or they are one. I hope they checked their six. Cuz that bragged on him pretty heavily I think I'm responsible for a dozen boxes being sold. Whoop-dee-doo! But I have bested my word in them. And I want to know the company that built mine is still building I'm in doesn't think that we're just kind of an after the fact. Although I am feeling like at right now.
          I'll probably pout a little bit about loosen 200 gigs of movies, if I can get 700 of my photos back, and 20 gigs of real important documentation. Including 8 months of weekly reports 2 the state and federal government. Wish have been done in part monthly but must be done as a package again in less than 2 weeks. Hayward backup more or less properly but they were Within Reach of the CPU that now has gone awry. And could be lost. Pretty sure they're there but there's no addressing to get to them so we shall see. I'm ready for a break maybe I'll catch one

Comment

is wechip w2 pro remote working on you guys? I have a hardtime making the w2 pro work in am6 plus.
            do you have steps or trick for this remote?

Comment

Well, i was wrong. All of my problems with Kodi, audio and the ugoos am6 plus as a whole are definitely not solved

First there´s this problem. Depening on which video file i open on kodi it kills the audio on the whole system and it only comes back if i reestart

Than after the reestart i can try that very same file again and it has as 50-50 chance of working or not working/killing the whole system audio

Second there´s the volume button problem. If i do press the volume+ or volume- there´s the volume meter on screen.... except it dosent mean aything. It doesnt make it louder or lower the volume. I tried the menu that pops up with the volume meter and it gave me zero answers either.

Third there is the "FTP KILL" problem. If im watching a movie im sreaming from my hdd using FTP and suddenly the connection drops that means the FTP connection is dead until i reestart the whole system again

all in all it always feels like a very unstable box

is wechip w2 pro remote working on you guys? I have a hardtime making the w2 pro work in am6 plus.
              do you have steps or trick for this remote?

Yeah, i do have one of those
              It works, but not very well. I have to click any button several times for it to turn up. On screen mouse shows up even if i didnt asked it for

To be fair ive just recieved a Minix Remote (i have one on my minix box and love it) and also the minix remote are showing some of these issues... and even more, several buttons on my minix remote just wont work with Ugoos, like power and settings

Comment

I bought a

MX3 MX3-L Backlit Air Mouse T3 Smart Voice 2.4G Rf remote X96 Mini KM9 A95X h96 Max Android Tv Box.

On Alie Express.
                Works perfect

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	UGOOOS.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	821931

Here is a nice screen about the volume problem ive mentioned earlier

This is what the box volume settings looks like.... while i was watching a movie and hearing audio

What i mean is that theses volume settings means absolutely nothing.
                  Somethimes they work, very rare.
                  And when they do i cant even point out when or what i did to make them work.
                  Most of the time they simply dont and the volume keeps itself in a very low but audible state and i have to crank up the TV volume super high to hear anything

That is, if a randon movie file doesnt kill the whole system audio and i have to restart everything

Originally posted by Duvel View Post
                  I bought a

MX3 MX3-L Backlit Air Mouse T3 Smart Voice 2.4G Rf remote X96 Mini KM9 A95X h96 Max Android Tv Box.

On Alie Express.
                  Works perfect
                  Does it takes a few button clicks to start working?
                  What about the cursor drift, when you havent even pressed the airmouse button but you move the remote a little and the mouse cursor shows up on screen?
                  Does it stop working if you hold it sideways and it just comes back if you put it straight?
                  Ive seen these problems with 3 different air mouse remotes on ugoos while my old minix box shows none of those
                  Attached Files

Comment

for some reason my wechip w2 pro works smoothly after connecting the remote to my other boxes. not sure what was configured.

I thought I was able to use the wechip w2 pro on "just dance now" game that is why I bought it because of the gyro. I was wrong?
                    Last edited by Adware; 03-31-2021, 04:21.

Comment

for some reason my wechip w2 pro works smoothly after connecting the remote to my other boxes. not sure what was configured.

I thought I was able to use the wechip w2 pro on "just dance now" game. I was wrong
                      To be fair the whole game/controller integration has been terrible on ugoos for some reason

Most games on ugoos i need to choose options o menus using my air mouse while playing with the bluetooth controler

even games that ive already played in my phone and every menu used to be totally controlable with just the bluetooth controller

Stardew valley
                      menus with airmouse, game with bluetooth controller

Terraria
                      Menus simply wont answer to controller or air mouse. Unplayable

GTA San andreas
                      this one works fine, everything with the controller
                      Last edited by cacildo; 03-31-2021, 19:38.

Comment

does anyone have list of games that are playable ugoos using controller (xbox 360 controller atleast)?

also my otg usb port started acting weird and no longer functioning after later updates. not sure what happened. any idea?
                        Last edited by Adware; 03-31-2021, 16:22.

Comment

[/QUOTE
                          Does it takes a few button clicks to start working?
                          What about the cursor drift, when you havent even pressed the airmouse button but you move the remote a little and the mouse cursor shows up on screen?
                          Does it stop working if you hold it sideways and it just comes back if you put it straight?
                          Ive seen these problems with 3 different air mouse remotes on ugoos while my old minix box shows none of those[/QUOTE]

Works easy, no problems with cursor. Bought it several times.
                          I use it for my TV as remote also. Perfect for the Ugoos.

Comment

Glad I finally found this thread.

I have am6 plus on the way, but get afraid, because i read on several forums, including 4pda and the ugoos blog, that since firmware 0.3.9.1 there are issues with the LAN connection dropping.

I have seen many posts of people reporting that the LAN connection just drops while the box is on use, and you have to reboot the box. This get reported as happening frequently and at different intervals.

Since there seem to be many am6 users here, can anyone confirm that they experience that issue, or issues with the WI-FI?

Comment

aw in 3.7 some unusual bugs, of which I have had very few, since ver. .8 ?
                              I am sure you’ll arrive at least that far, my Pro was 10 days +/- out of manufactured date.
                              Knowing what i do now , I would be wary of 3.7 up.
                              LAN connection dropping. I let others with current experience speak to this. I have heard a unplug- re-plug as a fix. IT is possible it is more s “hand-shake” re initialize issue, than a radio problem. If you have similar with audio drops, look to the app and cable port, re initialize as an early fix.
                              worked for me immediately, some five + updates ago. This issue is not like mine tho, this is encryption pretty sure. And monitoring radio activity consequence- My Opinion.
                              GENERALLY? Best, Most Consistent, Strongest,Reliable Comms Set-up I have owned to date.Box OR phone.
                              This reported happening frequently and at different intervals.
                              Since seems to be many am6 users here,
                              confirm that they experience that issue, or issues with the
                              WI-FI?[/QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by ClarkKent View Post
                                aw in 3.7 some unusual bugs, of which I have had very few, since ver. .8 ?
                                I am sure you’ll arrive at least that far, my Pro was 10 days +/- out of manufactured date.
                                Knowing what i do now , I would be wary of 3.7 up.
                                LAN connection dropping. I let others with current experience speak to this. I have heard a unplug- re-plug as a fix. IT is possible it is more s “hand-shake” re initialize issue, than a radio problem. If you have similar with audio drops, look to the app and cable port, re initialize as an early fix.
                                worked for me immediately, some five + updates ago. This issue is not like mine tho, this is encryption pretty sure. And monitoring radio activity consequence- My Opinion.
                                GENERALLY? Best, Most Consistent, Strongest,Reliable Comms Set-up I have owned to date.Box OR phone.
                                This reported happening frequently and at different intervals.
                                Since seems to be many am6 users here,
                                confirm that they experience that issue, or issues with the
                                WI-FI?
                                [/QUOTE]

I'm aware that the LAN connection drop can be fixed with a hard reboot, but with a box of this price you don't expect to do a hard reboot when in the middle of a movie or iptv stream.

It is not that doing it once fixes the issue, it only fixes it until it happens the next time, which can be in an hour or in 24 hours.

Comment

Working...
                                X