Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Duvel View Post
    Hi,

I got a small problem with my Ugoos AM 6.

When I use Radio.net prime app on it for online radio listening,

this app seems to shut down / sleep my Ugoos after 2 hours.

I can't find the solution.

CEC control is enabled.

It ain't a power setting of my TV or Home Cinema system.

This I tested on serveral others.

It's only on my Ugoos.

Any help would be appreciated.

Tried setting the screensaver timeout?
    Try Radiodroid app, maybe it behaves differently, if not then it might be a screensaver timeout.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

Tried setting the screensaver timeout?
      Try Radiodroid app, maybe it behaves differently, if not then it might be a screensaver timeout.
      Yes, tried it.
      Same problem.
      It ain't the screensaver.

Comment

Yes, tried it.
        Same problem.
        It ain't the screensaver.

Do you use the latest firmware and also did a factory reset?

Comment

No,

Never did it.

But I'm really curious what's causing this?

My Sony Smart TV, My Sony bdw7200 home cinema?

Some CEC or HDMI settings?

Or Power / Screensaver / Time out settings?

Comment

No,

Never did it.

But I'm really curious what's causing this?

My Sony Smart TV, My Sony bdw7200 home cinema?

Some CEC or HDMI settings?

Or Power / Screensaver / Time out settings?
            Did you try disabling HDMI CEC and running it for a few hours?

On my AVR there was a sleep timer for 60 minutes that I had to disable, otherwise the AVR shut down the tv.

Comment

Hi mo123,

Did a clean install.

This did the trick.

Comment

Hi mo123,

Did a clean install.

This did the trick.
                Great that you got it working.

Comment

As I read many times that the Ugoos am6 plus only use quality brands like Samsung or Toshiba, I decide to open up a am6b Plus, but I couldn't find any quality brands in there.
                  Since it is near impossible to upload any images to this forum
                  I see chips from Foresee and Leahkinn instead

https://imgur.com/4IV0iP6

https://imgur.com/1HgnMdP

Comment

My Logitech RF mouse connected to the AM6B device is jaggy (doesn't move freely), running firmware 0.4.2. Any particular settings to solve this problem? Please advise...
                    Ugoos AM6B PLUS Android 9 TV box | CoreELEC 19.2

Comment

Originally posted by Zeex92 View Post
                      My Logitech RF mouse connected to the AM6B device is jaggy (doesn't move freely), running firmware 0.4.2. Any particular settings to solve this problem? Please advise...
                      I have experienced similar problem with a different air mouse, when plugging the USB receiver in the OTG port.

Comment

Originally posted by Jancales View Post
                        As I read many times that the Ugoos am6 plus only use quality brands like Samsung or Toshiba, I decide to open up a am6b Plus, but I couldn't find any quality brands in there.
                        Since it is near impossible to upload any images to this forum
                        I see chips from Foresee and Leahkinn instead

https://imgur.com/4IV0iP6

https://imgur.com/1HgnMdP

Another observation.

The am6 plus had 4.07 GB RAM, the am6b Pl;us has 3.78 GB RAM.

So it has become obvious that Ugoos is no better than the other Chinese manufacturers, and after having gained some popularity, are now cutting back on costs by using lower quality components.

What a shame that a company selling such an overpriced device, now have to cheat their customers that way.

Definitely the last time I bought a Ugoos product

Comment

Another observation.

The am6 plus had 4.07 GB RAM, the am6b Pl;us has 3.78 GB RAM.

So it has become obvious that Ugoos is no better than the other Chinese manufacturers, and after having gained some popularity, are now cutting back on costs by using lower quality components.

What a shame that a company selling such an overpriced device, now have to cheat their customers that way.

Definitely the last time I bought a Ugoos product
                          That is a little dissapointing however they have also been the best with ota updates that actually update without sd cards or USB burn tool.
                          the amount of extra customisation and options they build into android for their devices has been second to none and I think also really important.

In fact I think their rom is so good, at least for the am6 plus that I don't see a need to replace it wish anything custom. It works and it works well.

Out of curiosity what is your prefered brand not including shield.

Comment

Originally posted by Spastro View Post

That is a little dissapointing however they have also been the best with ota updates that actually update without sd cards or USB burn tool.
                            the amount of extra customisation and options they build into android for their devices has been second to none and I think also really important.

In fact I think their rom is so good, at least for the am6 plus that I don't see a need to replace it wish anything custom. It works and it works well.

Out of curiosity what is your prefered brand not including shield.
                            I don't have a favorite brand, although I have been selling Mecool for years, as they are delivering what you pay for

Ugoos is way overpriced, and now even cheating there customers, which is pretty low imo.

https://imgur.com/NcLFveW

Why no images can be uploaded to this forum anymore?

Comment

I don't have a favorite brand, although I have been selling Mecool for years, as they are delivering what you pay for
                              I Always found them to be under specked and the after launch rim support is bad although I only have my m8s pro l (original launch model) to go by.
                              The OTA updater never worked.
                              The promised Netflix 4k, widivine never worked because they faked it using another box.
                              There work like 2 updates to the OS?

Problem with a lot of brands is that they release a model then dump it with all the bugs and move on to the next.

That's one reason I liked ugoos. Although the am6 plus was my first from ugoos and I was impressed. I'll have to keep an eye out on future revisions about what you mentioned on hardware.

Comment

Originally posted by Spastro View Post

I Always found them to be under specked and the after launch rim support is bad although I only have my m8s pro l (original launch model) to go by.
                                The OTA updater never worked.
                                The promised Netflix 4k, widivine never worked because they faked it using another box.
                                There work like 2 updates to the OS?

Problem with a lot of brands is that they release a model then dump it with all the bugs and move on to the next.

That's one reason I liked ugoos. Although the am6 plus was my first from ugoos and I was impressed. I'll have to keep an eye out on future revisions about what you mentioned on hardware.
                                The latest Mecool KM1 is Google and Netflix certified.

Yes it is lower spec as the Ugoos, but it's also less than half the price of the Ugoos, which has none of either certifications.

I just chatted them up on the Ugoos website, and confronted them with the facts and images, which they denied and then blocked me. Very poor attitude as well, it seems.

I already told we DID NOT CHANGE RAM. You can see all electronic show their theoretical value of RAM, the storage of RAM is showed actually usage available for user, as system also needs to occupy storage, that's a common sense. Your PC also like so. Thanks.

Oops, it seems that our agents are not available now. You can leave your message here in chat and they will contact you soon.

am6 plus https://imgur.com/9Ogmeqc

am6b plus https://imgur.com/hjCaulp

Comment

Working...
                                X