No announcement yet.

UGOOS AM6 S922X TV Box Android 9.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny you mention the ram. I just looked on my Am6 plus which I bought just after it was launched and my ram is 3.78 GB.
    ???
    what firmware are you on ?

Also does your about section say your model is Am6 plus or does it just say Am6.

Comment

Originally posted by Spastro View Post
      Funny you mention the ram. I just looked on my Am6 plus which I bought just after it was launched and my ram is 3.78 GB.
      ???
      what firmware are you on ?
      Also does your about section say your model is Am6 plus or does it just say Am6.
      The firmware for the am6 plus boxes was 0.3.9 and 0.4.1, and they all showed 4.06 or 4.07 total RAM.

I sell boxes so I don't have them any more, so I can't see what it says in the about section, but they were definitely am6 Plus

The am6b Plus are on firmware 0.4.2 and all show 3.78 RAM, and say ugoos am6 in the about section, and they have S922X-J processors, as I opened them up.

Ugoos has now disabled the chat window for me, simply because I asked about the RAM. Seems they can't handle the truth

Comment

I'm on 0.41 and it's on 3.78

Comment

Originally posted by Spastro View Post
          I'm on 0.41 and it's on 3.78
          You can see the image I posted about the am6 Plus RAM, showing 4.06 GB, so it is not my imagination.

You have am6 Plus and not am6b plus, right?

Comment

Yup Mines a plus. Had it a while now.

Comment

Is there a way for this app to run on AM6

Comment

Originally posted by Jancales View Post
                As I read many times that the Ugoos am6 plus only use quality brands like Samsung or Toshiba, I decide to open up a am6b Plus, but I couldn't find any quality brands in there.
                Since it is near impossible to upload any images to this forum
                I see chips from Foresee and Leahkinn instead

https://imgur.com/4IV0iP6

https://imgur.com/1HgnMdP
                I think this is pretty serious and Ugoos should release an android 64 update as an apology

Comment

that won't happen. they think highly on themselves. they have other business focus as they said.

Comment

I have had 2 boxes now, 1 am6 plus and 1 am6b plus, where the launcher goes completely out of shape.First one is 0.4.1 firmware and the other 0.4.2

It happens while using the box streaming live tv or video. Picture freezes and when exiting the app, everything on the home screen or app drawer is oversized. Streaming app, XCIPTV, also has different shape.

The Ugoos logo gets maybe 5 times the usual size, and is shown partly in the bottom right corner.

The app drawer icon show on the right side of the screen instead of at the bottom

Other icons also are wrong size. Deceasing the font doesn't sort it, neither does doing OTA update.

During boot up, get distorted picture for 1 second.

Only way to sort it is doing a factory reset.

Comment

I have questions and problems with the Ugoos Am 6 plus

- First of all its incredible how i cant get decent audio from it. I own a decent 7.1 home theater and it works FANTASTIC when im watching the netflix app from my smart tv. But if i try to watch anything on Ugoos Kodi or Nova video the sound is mufffled, there´s popping on the back left channel, tottaly different from when i use the smart tv apps. Maybe this has something to do with the cheap componentes our fellow poster found inside the thing

- Secondly i have this doubt: how much energy is the ugoos costing when in stand by mode? Over here in brasil our light bills went through the roof thanks to a stupid president, so we are in dire need to save some energy. I used to let the Ugoos on standy by mode but now im taking it out of the plug altogether. Is this the best solution?

- third of all: after all the internal components debacle, Ugoos own to us to release a 64bit android update for the Am 6 plus. So we can run dolphin and aetherSx2

Comment

Originally posted by cacildo View Post
                        I have questions and problems with the Ugoos Am 6 plus

- First of all its incredible how i cant get decent audio from it. I own a decent 7.1 home theater and it works FANTASTIC when im watching the netflix app from my smart tv. But if i try to watch anything on Ugoos Kodi or Nova video the sound is mufffled, there´s popping on the back left channel, tottaly different from when i use the smart tv apps. Maybe this has something to do with the cheap componentes our fellow poster found inside the thing

- Secondly i have this doubt: how much energy is the ugoos costing when in stand by mode? Over here in brasil our light bills went through the roof thanks to a stupid president, so we are in dire need to save some energy. I used to let the Ugoos on standy by mode but now im taking it out of the plug altogether. Is this the best solution?

- third of all: after all the internal components debacle, Ugoos own to us to release a 64bit android update for the Am 6 plus. So we can run dolphin and aetherSx2
                        Do you use the latest Kodi apps
                        eg. https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=365127
                        Did you enable all the audio codecs manually in the Android Sound settings and not kept it on automatic and disabled other sound output you don't use and use a high quality HDMI 2.0 cable?
                        Only the HDMI hardware and sound chip is responsible for HDMI passthrough and that wasn't changed, so it must be settings on your side.
                        Storage chips has no effect on audio passthrough.

You can check here for average power usage for tv boxes

In standby mode, it would likely use less than 1 Watt.

There doesn't exist a 64-bit Android 9 OS from Amlogic for S922x.

If you play a lot of videos, also try CoreELEC from a micro-sd card.
                        Then you have a minimal Linux OS, only made for video playback with no services running in the background that can effect video playback.

Comment

Working...
                        X