Beelink GT-King Pro Android 9.0 Now with CoreELEC Linux Dual Operating System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi ,

AIDA says GPU Cores only 2 ??? , HW Info same , Strange ???

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Great review on the specifications and benchmarks. Thanks.

I'm really disappointed that Beelink, like many other of these Chinese Android box manufacturers, STILL has not made any effort to correct the keyboard mapping such that the Enter key works properly. Unacceptable especially given this higher price point.
      Last edited by Venusflytrap; 10-08-2019, 12:49.

Comment

The Amlogic S922X-H chipset (Hexa-core big.LITTLE CPU, Mali-G52MP6 GPU, 12nm manufacturing process) in the GT-King Pro, former has DTS Listen and Dolby Audio licenses. The Pro variant has a new metal case, a few more ports and most importantly, dual ESS ES9018 HiFi DAC which can drive headphones with an impedance of up to 600Ω.
        treboR
        Please consider
        Donating to Freaktab

Comment

I received my "PRO" a week or so ago, but have not done a video review. I have had pneumonia for over a month, and still getting over it. I am excited to test it, but will have to wait until I heal.

My "KING", however, running the ALVATECH ROM Android TV-ATV, kicks BUTT!!!
          MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

pneumonia not good to read, get well and kick its butt first,

Then continue with the King Pro butt kicking,
            treboR
            Please consider
            Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
              pneumonia not good to read, get well and kick its butt first,

Then continue with the King Pro butt kicking,
              I was a little disappointed with the Pro, was hoping it would passthrough the HD audio codecs, but it doesn't.
              MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

I was a little disappointed with the Pro, was hoping it would passthrough the HD audio codecs, but it doesn't.
                Is that fixable with a firmware update? Or hardware limitation?

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post

That's one heck of a weird commercial!

Comment

Originally posted by Venusflytrap View Post

Is that fixable with a firmware update? Or hardware limitation?
                    A firmware update is all that is required to be able to passthrough the HD audio codecs. VLC passes DTS-HD MA without issues, but not Kodi.

Comment

I notice there's no digital audio output either, either coax or spdif ?

Comment

• mo123
                        mo123 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        No, only HDMI sound output.
                        The serial port really takes up a lot of space that could have been used for SPDIF, not sure why they added it as no other tv boxes have it.

This updated King looks good and definite improvement over the standard GT-King, but with Amazon releasing the FireTV Cube (2nd Gen) with an AMLogic S922Z for $120, the Pro sale price of $140 from Gearbest is too steep and they should at least match the Amazon Cube price if they won't undercut it. So instead of holding out any longer for a decent coupon I just placed an order for the $80 Odroid-N2 CoreELEC special.

Comment

looks good

Comment

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post
                          Things to like about this new STB:

1) Chip has proper licensing for DTS and Dolby Audio
                          2) Physical Power button
                          3) An extra third USB 3.0 port
                          4) No stupid Eyes that light up, just simple LED indicator light.
                          5) Case has side ventilation holes, should help with cooling

Negatives:

1) No SPDIF port
                          2) Full size SDcard slot instead of Micro SDcard
                          3) RS232 port, good for industrial use, but no purpose for the average home user
                          4) They could have used the black frontal area to include a nice LED clock
                          3.5 to toslink, like $7.00 bro

Comment

Can this device Run apps from the Google Play Store that are picky? Such as Netflix and Hulu? Those apps that seem to be touchy about detecting whether they're running on some sort of approved or licensed Hardware in an approved or licensed Android environment?

I mainly run Kodi Plex YouTube Netflix Hulu, and I'm curious if this device is able to run Google Play store variants? Or does it have some built-in version that it ships with that you can never update?

I think when shopping for Android TV boxes, you are more so shopping for the gotchyas, and trying to be cautious about what they are missing, than what they have.  These box manufacturers go to Great Lengths to show you what the boxes do have, and if you focus too closely on that, you forget to notice what they have quietly omitted as far as Hardware capabilities software licensing Etc.

Comment

Originally posted by etyrnal View Post
                              Can this device Run apps from the Google Play Store that are picky? Such as Netflix and Hulu? Those apps that seem to be touchy about detecting whether they're running on some sort of approved or licensed Hardware in an approved or licensed Android environment?

I mainly run Kodi Plex YouTube Netflix Hulu, and I'm curious if this device is able to run Google Play store variants? Or does it have some built-in version that it ships with that you can never update?

I think when shopping for Android TV boxes, you are more so shopping for the gotchyas, and trying to be cautious about what they are missing, than what they have.? These box manufacturers go to Great Lengths to show you what the boxes do have, and if you focus too closely on that, you forget to notice what they have quietly omitted as far as Hardware capabilities software licensing Etc.
                              The Netflix from the Playstore will NOT run on this box, not sure about Hulu I don't use it. Netflix is very picky about which device they support.

Comment

Working...
                              X