Beelink GT-King Pro Android 9.0 Now with CoreELEC Linux Dual Operating System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Everyone.

I have just received one of these boxes.

Perhaps someone can answer this for me ?
    When I ran AIDA64, under CPU I got 4 x Arm Cortex A73 @ 1704MHz.
    Other tests have showed 4 x Arm Cortex @ 2208MHz.
    I don't pretend to understand all of this but can someone explain to me why there's a difference in my box to what the test earlier in this thread and elsewhere showed ?
    Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by maryann View Post
      Hello Everyone.
      I have just received one of these boxes.
      Perhaps someone can answer this for me ?
      When I ran AIDA64, under CPU I got 4 x Arm Cortex A73 @ 1704MHz.
      Other tests have showed 4 x Arm Cortex @ 2208MHz.
      I don't pretend to understand all of this but can someone explain to me why there's a difference in my box to what the test earlier in this thread and elsewhere showed ?
      Thanks.
      Cortex A73 are your BIG cores of the 6-core processor, and the 1704 MHz is the maximum CPU clock speed your device firmware is programmed for if that is what AIDA64 is reporting, so do check for available OTA updates to see if you are On the most recent Firmware which should have the big cores set at the higher value of 2208 MHz, but this is not a critical necessary thing to have implemented which really only generates a higher Antutu benchmark score and can't really be noticed in common device daily usage.

Note, I did read somewhere that Amlogic had not officially Green light running the standard S922X cpu overclocked at the 2208 MHz maximum for daily extended usage, possibility of the silicon in the CPU of constant overheating and fatigue, and not being good for long-term survival or its life-cycle. If that is indeed the case Beelink may have reduced the clock-speed to adhere to Amlogic's recommendations.

AIDA64 does have Errors, which I notice a lot with their Android App, it is better to use an App like Device Info HW for checking device info:

Comment

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post

Cortex A73 are your BIG cores of the 6-core processor, and the 1704 MHz is the maximum CPU clock speed your device firmware is programmed for if that is what AIDA64 is reporting, so do check for available OTA updates to see if you are On the most recent Firmware which should have the big cores set at the higher value of 2208 MHz, but this is not a critical necessary thing to have implemented which really only generates a higher Antutu benchmark score and can't really be noticed in common device daily usage.

Note, I did read somewhere that Amlogic had not officially Green light running the standard S922X cpu overclocked at the 2208 MHz maximum for daily extended usage, possibility of the silicon in the CPU of constant overheating and fatigue, and not being good for long-term survival or its life-cycle. If that is indeed the case Beelink may have reduced the clock-speed to adhere to Amlogic's recommendations.

AIDA64 does have Errors, which I notice a lot with their Android App, it is better to use an App like Device Info HW for checking device info:
        Thank you for the quick reply & the very useful information.
        I downloaded Device info HW & it gave me the same CPU readings as AIDA64 so it seems that Beelink has reduced the CPU clock speed.
        Thank you.

Comment

Thank you for the quick reply & the very useful information.
          I downloaded Device info HW & it gave me the same CPU readings as AIDA64 so it seems that Beelink has reduced the CPU clock speed.
          Thank you.
          What is the serial number of your PRO? I have one of the earlier boxes and it shows 2208 MHz for the 4 Cortex A-73 cores. My S/N begins with 922HH. It is my understanding, that Beelink updated the hardware.
          MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

What is the serial number of your PRO? I have one of the earlier boxes and it shows 2208 MHz for the 4 Cortex A-73 cores. My S/N begins with 922HH. It is my understanding, that Beelink updated the hardware.
            Amlogic stopped the 2.2Ghz S922x-H and only manufactures it in 1-7-1.8Ghz now since it was causing stability and heating issues.
            Seems everyone that recently bought a GT-King now have the 1.7-1.8Ghz version too even if all sites still advertise it as 2.2Ghz which is misleading.
            Only their new A311D chip runs at 2.2Ghz now, only used in the Khadas Vim3.

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

Thanks for that.
              My Serial No begins 922HQ.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

Amlogic stopped the 2.2Ghz S922x-H and only manufactures it in 1-7-1.8Ghz now since it was causing stability and heating issues.
                Seems everyone that recently bought a GT-King now have the 1.7-1.8Ghz version too even if all sites still advertise it as 2.2Ghz which is misleading.
                Only their new A311D chip runs at 2.2Ghz now, only used in the Khadas Vim3.
                Thanks for that information.
                All advertising information I've seen says 2.2GHz as do the reviews.
                I've sent an email to Beelink so we'll see if I get an answer ?

Comment

Received the following answer from Beelink.

"Hi,
                  Thank you for your letter. In order to improve the stability of the system, we have done a down-clocking process on this CPU.
                  Best regards"

I replied.

"I understand but the product is / was widely advertised as running at a CPU clock speed of 2208 GHz ?
                  Many people including myself have purchased the GT King Pro on this basis.
                  If I had known that the GT King Pro wasn't as advertised I wouldn't have purchased it at all.
                  I am very unhappy about this.

Regards."
                  Last edited by gefattern; 11-19-2019, 00:15.

Comment

Received the following answer from Beelink.

"Hi,
                    Thank you for your letter. In order to improve the stability of the system, we have done a down-clocking process on this CPU.
                    Best regards"

I replied.

"I understand but the product is / was widely advertised as running at a CPU clock speed of 2208 GHz ?
                    Many people including myself have purchased the GT King Pro on this basis.
                    If I had known that the GT King Pro wasn't as advertised I wouldn't have purchased it at all.
                    I am very unhappy about this.

Regards."
                    +1 on that

Some royal BS if you ask me
                    Last edited by gefattern; 11-19-2019, 00:16.

Comment

This is getting more confused by the day.
                      Further to the email I had from Belink yesterday I had this one from them this morning.

" I am very sorry. Correct the previous wrong statement.

We did not downgrade the GT-King pro.
                      I am referring to GT-King. We did not perform down-clocking on GT-King Pro. We only dealt with some of the earliest batches of GT-King. In order to maintain the stability of the system, the number is very small. This issue has been resolved without any problems.

Please run the equipment at full power and test it again.

Best regards"

As I said previously I am no expert on any of this but surely if the app says the CPU clock speed is set at 1700 GHz there is nothing I can do to change it.
                      The email from Beelink says run it at full power & test again.
                      How can I run it at full power & what do I use to test it ?

I'm confused here & need some tips from any experts on here.

Thanks.
                      Last edited by maryann; 11-19-2019, 15:23.

Comment

• trebor
                        trebor commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Don't be confused it had issues running at the advertised 2.2, Amlogic stopped it from happening now it's the speed it is,
                        It still works the same, and won't crash or fall over as much.

Apart from testing apps what apps do you see slowing down.
                        I am pretty sure you will notice very little difference as far as a day to day Player goes

Hi,
                      just to let you know that you are not alone in this.

I've recently received my Beelink GT-King Pro from Gearbest and I've noticed the lower maximum clock speed as well. I am currently running a RMA on this with the Gearbest.

The serial number of my device also starts with 922HQ and my CPU is also limited to 1.7 GHz on the A73 cores. When I try to boot the CoreELEC from SD card, it only boots with the "rev. A" device tree. Also my CPU serial number begins with 290a. According to the CoreELEC folks this indicates it is S922X-A (S922X rev. A) chip which is expected to be found in the original non-Pro GT-King and not the S922X-B (S922X rev. B) which is expected to be in the GT-King Pro.

The difference between the revision A and the revision B chips are the voltages and guess what, the maximum frequency, see here: https://www.cnx-software.com/2019/06...gic-a311d-sbc/

If this is true then there is no way we can run our devices at the S922X-B frequencies (2.2 GHz).

Comment

Originally posted by KOPRajs View Post
                        Hi,
                        just to let you know that you are not alone in this.

I've recently received my Beelink GT-King Pro from Gearbest and I've noticed the lower maximum clock speed as well. I am currently running a RMA on this with the Gearbest.

The serial number of my device also starts with 922HQ and my CPU is also limited to 1.7 GHz on the A73 cores. When I try to boot the CoreELEC from SD card, it only boots with the "rev. A" device tree. Also my CPU serial number begins with 290a. According to the CoreELEC folks this indicates it is S922X-A (S922X rev. A) chip which is expected to be found in the original non-Pro GT-King and not the S922X-B (S922X rev. B) which is expected to be in the GT-King Pro.

The difference between the revision A and the revision B chips are the voltages and guess what, the maximum frequency, see here: https://www.cnx-software.com/2019/06...gic-a311d-sbc/

If this is true then there is no way we can run our devices at the S922X-B frequencies (2.2 GHz).
                        It seems that's the case alright. The CPU clock speed in the original GT King is 1.7 GHz.
                        It also seems by their emails that Beelink aren't sure either or else they're being economical with the truth.
                        All in total this box only cost me about $100 including postage. I will keep it as it would cost too much to send it back.
                        I will use it to test out various roms from here & see which I like best if I can get my head around the various methods of loading the roms lol.

I also have a Ugoos AM6 & that runs at the advertised 2.2 GHz.
                        It has less Ram & storage but its a nice box.

Comment

Beelink GT-King Pro (NO CPU S922X-H 2.2Ghz !!!)  https://youtu.be/okoZEroBKgo     CPU Throttling Test     https://youtu.be/R6h_7db0W-g

Comment

Beelink GT-King Pro (NO CPU S922X-H 2.2Ghz !!!)  https://youtu.be/okoZEroBKgo     CPU Throttling Test     https://youtu.be/R6h_7db0W-g

Comment

I've just sent this to the Beelink:

Dear Sir,
                              I've just got my new GT-King Pro TV box from the online seller which is advertised as follows:

"Beelink GT-King Pro adopts the latest Amlogic S922X-H chip (Quad-core Cortex-A73 @ 2.21 GHz + Dual-core Cortex-A53 @ 1.8 GHz)."

However my device seems to be running the older S922X-A (S922X rev. A) chip instead of S922X-B and therefore it is limited at 1.7 GHz instead of 2.2 GHz as advertised. A quick Internet search reveals that I'm not the only one with this problem. Can you please make an official statement on what is going on and why? There seems to be a growing number of unsatisfied users and a lot of rumors spreading out there in the community.

My device serial number: C922HQ...
                              The CPU serial number: 290a...

Thank you.
                              Best regards

Comment

Working...
                              X