No announcement yet.

Spotted in the wild: x88 King x922

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you read my post I said if the roms are interchangable, and we can get the source for the N6 Plus kernel it will help with our device. I could care less about the development on the N6 Plus, cause if the firmware is interchangable it means we have more of a chance of getting the source, which is the main problem we have with the X88 King, we do not have the source to make changes to the kernel. So lets hope the firmware is interchagable and we can get the source for the N6 Plus.

Comment

Originally posted by Porkie View Post
      If you read my post I said if the roms are interchangable, and we can get the source for the N6 Plus kernel it will help with our device. I could care less about the development on the N6 Plus, cause if the firmware is interchangable it means we have more of a chance of getting the source, which is the main problem we have with the X88 King, we do not have the source to make changes to the kernel. So lets hope the firmware is interchagable and we can get the source for the N6 Plus.
      Magicsee never releases sources for any of their devices.

Comment

So I am using N'ayam Armash'e Amlogic Unpacker it had an error with the content file but it turned out to be syntax issue with the unpacker which they figured out.
        I was able to unpack the stock firmware without errors and repack it but the img file sizes are not the same size so I am kinda worried that its not including everything.
        Reason why I am doing this is just so I can see if the tool works if it does then I can remove/add apks on the stock so I don't have to download them everytime I refresh the box.

Comment

Originally posted by greenstone View Post
          So I am using N'ayam Armash'e Amlogic Unpacker it had an error with the content file but it turned out to be syntax issue with the unpacker which they figured out.
          I was able to unpack the stock firmware without errors and repack it but the img file sizes are not the same size so I am kinda worried that its not including everything.
          Reason why I am doing this is just so I can see if the tool works if it does then I can remove/add apks on the stock so I don't have to download them everytime I refresh the box.

Where did you find a copy of N'ayam Armash'e Amlogic Unpacker? Would love to try it myself

Comment

Originally posted by raruba View Post

Where did you find a copy of N'ayam Armash'e Amlogic Unpacker? Would love to try it myself
            THE FOLLOWING GUIDE IS FOR OREO IMAGES. TO UNPACK AMLOGIC 9.0 PIE IMAGES, WATCH THIS TUTORIAL VIDEO: https://youtu.be/exDD6YOC4HU Hey Everyone! Many people requested me on forumXperience to make a repacking/unpacking guide for Amlogic Oreo/Pie...

There is a bug with Android 9 Pie since the unpack 2 script is looking for files under system and it actually should be deeper system/system since links dont work in Windows.
            I have uploaded the tweaked version in a zip.

Again though it doesn't seem to work properly when you try to add something to the unpacked system/vendor directories - and when you try to pack it fails once you start burning it to the device.

I wish it did work.

Remember if you add a file to a directory or make a directory and add files all that has to be accounted for in the files_context that gets created so some manual editing of files is needed.
            Attached Files

Comment

I have been trying to find a status bar replacement for the box so I can see notifications and when they come in but the best I have been able to get so far is just a bar but without notifications.

improved permissions system fixed help/FAQ section improved app/activity setting design arabic translations by @Alsidi-Group fixed fonts other random bug fixes/improvements

Will give you a status bar but no notifications, there are newer versions of this app but they do not work properly for me at all so I stuck with the older one. This is the closest I have come.

I found a navbar app though that works:

Comment

I have been trying to find a status bar replacement for the box so I can see notifications and when they come in but the best I have been able to get so far is just a bar but without notifications.

improved permissions system fixed help/FAQ section improved app/activity setting design arabic translations by @Alsidi-Group fixed fonts other random bug fixes/improvements

Will give you a status bar but no notifications, there are newer versions of this app but they do not work properly for me at all so I stuck with the older one. This is the closest I have come.

I found a navbar app though that works:

First you have to edit your build prop to even be able to use your notifications. Just open your build prop, find the setting talking about low ram and change it from true to false. What this will do is add all of your 'special settings' and allow you to have notifcation access. To see what I am talking about go to settings/apps and notifications/advanced/special apps access and you will see that after you edit the build prop and reboot there will be more settings there including notifcation access. If you do not edit the build prop every time you try to use an app that ask for notifcation access it will tell you the device does not have access. Then after you edit the build prop and reboot you can install a notifcation shade app and give it access to notifcations.

Comment

Thanks greenstone, I will give some of this a try.

Comment

Originally posted by Porkie View Post

First you have to edit your build prop to even be able to use your notifications. Just open your build prop, find the setting talking about low ram and change it from true to false. What this will do is add all of your 'special settings' and allow you to have notifcation access. To see what I am talking about go to settings/apps and notifications/advanced/special apps access and you will see that after you edit the build prop and reboot there will be more settings there including notifcation access. If you do not edit the build prop every time you try to use an app that ask for notifcation access it will tell you the device does not have access. Then after you edit the build prop and reboot you can install a notifcation shade app and give it access to notifcations.
                    Thanks. I was about to do this after reading an explanation on another forum I had already edited the vendor/build.prop and was rebooting when I read your message.

Basically I am using squarehome3 so now I am getting the animated icons when a notification comes up.

So the two basic issues that I had with this firmware are resolved for now I might change from using squarehome to another frontend.

Comment

I am uploading my system.build.prop / vendor.build.prop and the modified generic.kl that fixed my key issues.

I also added a image of my current screen with the two bars turned on.
                      Attached Files
                      You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Found out that if you put: ro.config.high_ram=true it messes up the display big time and also the boot animation fails to load.
                        Both were suggested in the same post that had the low_ram fix.

You can force safe mode by holding down "ok" and "right mouse" on your minikeyboard it seems, so I was able to get back into a file browser and repair it.

Comment

Found out that if you put: ro.config.high_ram=true it messes up the display big time and also the boot animation fails to load.

You can force safe mode by holding down "ok" and "right mouse" on your minikeyboard it seems, so I was able to get back into a file browser and repair it.
                          Wow, your way over my head...lol I use ADW Launcher v2.0.1.67 and it works really good.

Comment

This was my last Antutu score: 119158
                            This is on Antutu 8.1.9 that I was able to download and install from the upanddown appstore.
                            You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

This was my last Antutu score: 119158
                              This is on Antutu 8.1.9 that I was able to download and install from the upanddown appstore.
                              Wow, I haven't been able to get any versions to run on my box....I'm gonna check 8.1.9.....thats a dam good reading, my Beelink Gt-King I just run was 112,934....so thats better then Beelink
                              and my Beelink Gt-King is running the latest firmware from ALVATECH v4.0.....Good job

UPDATE: just got v8.1.9 to run....looks like the X88 King is the true KING.X88- KING 118,957 to Belink GT-King 112,934....My X88 is runnung the latest firmware...12/11/2019
                              Last edited by raruba; 01-13-2020, 20:51.

Comment

You shoud've actually read my post, cause I said to change the ro.config.low_ram to false, not high_ram. Change the low_ram to false and it will bring back all of your special settings, and it does not break anything at all

Comment

Working...
                                X