Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bajann View Post
    XVortex maybe Silver dont have that device i just make order for one
    Dont buy it, you will never get updates and box will stop working correctly someday, google play services will fail

Comment

Originally posted by Patkino View Post

Ones, based on Superceleron. As well as in their author's opinion
      So your saying this one? x88king_atv9-SuperCeleron firmware_vtx_v3

Comment

Originally posted by XVortex View Post
        that's why I use the base code from SuperCeleron (gt-king). So my custom ROM definitely fix the bugs
        So which one do you suggest? x88king_atv9-SuperCeleron firmware_vtx_v3.zip

Comment

No. I suggest x88king_pie9_vtx_v1.1 or x88king_atv9_vtx_v1.1.
          Personally I prefer the PIE9 (normal Android) because ATV is more for a limited role devices such as youtube or iptv player.
          with full android there are more possibilites to play a games or even to do some work.

Comment

Originally posted by XVortex View Post
            No. I suggest x88king_pie9_vtx_v1.1 or x88king_atv9_vtx_v1.1.
            Personally I prefer the PIE9 (normal Android) because ATV is more for a limited role devices such as youtube or iptv player.
            with full android there are more possibilites to play a games or even to do some work.
            Thanks, will give it a try.

Comment

My box is pretty stable using the stock firmware but it does still have the one problem with the playstore not seeing all available apps. Can anyone who installed the x88king_pie9_vtx_v1.1, tell me if the playstore is fully functioning> Can you find any game? If you perform a search for hearthstone does it come up/locate it?

Also where can I find the x88king_pie9_vtx_v1.1 software, seems some of the links are bad.

Comment

Originally posted by greenstone View Post
                My box is pretty stable using the stock firmware but it does still have the one problem with the playstore not seeing all available apps. Can anyone who installed the x88king_pie9_vtx_v1.1, tell me if the playstore is fully functioning> Can you find any game? If you perform a search for hearthstone does it come up/locate it?

Also where can I find the x88king_pie9_vtx_v1.1 software, seems some of the links are bad.
                This is where I got it from, let me know how you make out with it. https://cloud.mail.ru/public/51VG/3i3wmh54A

Comment

Here's the ATV one also. https://cloud.mail.ru/public/5LVU/3kEEnuN74

Comment

If you like using Kodi a lot, then you guys with this box need to download and use the latest CoreELEC v9.2.2 which has just been updated to include X88_King support. I don't have this device, but if inside CoreELEC in the Program Add-On "CoreELEC" gives you the option to "inject the updated Bootloader to EMMC" then I would recommend also doing this after the CoreELEC software is installed in running on SDcard/USBdrive, did the Injection on an S905X3 device and it helped.

For those that don't know, CoreELEC is a Linux based OS that is primarily just a Kodi OS software that runs of a Micro-SDcard or USBdrive, and the software runs in 64bit mode(aarch64) not like Android only running in 32bit mode(arm).
                    Last edited by RiCkLaR_atvX; 04-13-2020, 07:01. Reason: typo's

Comment

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post
                      If you like using Kodi a lot, then you guys with this box need to download and use the latest CoreELEC v9.2.2 which has just been updated to include X88_King support. I don't have this device, but if insdide CoreELEC in the Program Add-On "CoreELEC" gives you the option to "inject the updated Bootloader to EMMC" then I would recommend also doing this after the CoreELEC software is installed in running on SDcard/USBdrive, did the Injection on an S905X3 device and it helped.

For those that don't know, CoreELEC is a Linux based OS that is primarily just a Kodi OS software that runs of a Micro-SDcard or USBdrive, and the software runs in 64bit mode(aarch64) not like Android only running in 32bit mode (arm).
                      And for many boxes, you can also dual boot, running both Android and CE from the eMMC if desired, so it will be interesting to see if this option will work on this box.
                      R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post
                        If you like using Kodi a lot, then you guys with this box need to download and use the latest CoreELEC v9.2.2 which has just been updated to include X88_King support. I don't have this device, but if inside CoreELEC in the Program Add-On "CoreELEC" gives you the option to "inject the updated Bootloader to EMMC" then I would recommend also doing this after the CoreELEC software is installed in running on SDcard/USBdrive, did the Injection on an S905X3 device and it helped.

For those that don't know, CoreELEC is a Linux based OS that is primarily just a Kodi OS software that runs of a Micro-SDcard or USBdrive, and the software runs in 64bit mode(aarch64) not like Android only running in 32bit mode(arm).
                        Whats so bad about 32bit firmware? had rk3328 64bit before now s922X 32bit

Comment

Originally posted by Silver View Post
                          Whats so bad about 32bit firmware? had rk3328 64bit before now s922X 32bit
                          For android, the BAD is not compatible with every app from Play store. Most apps are built on 32bit architecture and 64bit libs added later, but the high-output modern(game) apks are built on 64bit arch.

When talking about AMLogic, they design a decent Media SOC that is full 64bit arch and then don't release a 64bit SDK for Android is just sad. With CoreELEC or Armbian you can at least unlock the full computing power of 64bit arch, but for general Android usage there is nothing wrong with 32bit -- it still works fine.

Comment

Has anyone tried this new firmware? x88king_pie9_vtx_v2.0.zip looks like a new one from Magicsee N6 Plus by SlimHouse. Russian Post

Comment

Originally posted by raruba View Post

Has anyone tried this new firmware? x88king_pie9_vtx_v2.0.zip looks like a new one from Magicsee N6 Plus by SlimHouse. Russian Post
                              This one is really good. Been using it for a few days now and liking it. I don't really care about the display on the front of the box but it says "load" now so maybe some progress on that.

Comment

Yesterday I got via OTA the official firmware update 20200424
                                now google voice assistant works. I use the MX3 remote and
                                everything works fine
                                Lower cpu temps
                                Shorter loading time
                                Last edited by peybolman; 04-25-2020, 08:54.

Comment

Working...
                                X