• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by peybolman View Post
    Yesterday I got via OTA the official firmware update 20200424
    now google voice assistant works. I use the MX3 remote and
    everything works fine
    Lower cpu temps
    Shorter loading time
    Yeah, I agree the new firmware is running awesome.....so far anyway. Haven't tested everything

Comment

Originally posted by raruba View Post

Yeah, I agree the new firmware is running awesome.....so far anyway. Haven't tested everything
      All Running fine... better than in previous official firmware. Best is I get lower cpu temps and shorter loading time.
      If anyone finds the change log for this new firmware update, please share it here.
      Also if anyone can share a link to this firmware update as zip it would be nice.
      I tried to find the OTA update file but all OTA folders are empty after the update. Maybe they get cleaned after applying the update. If anybody could check if the update is in OTA folder before applying the update and share the file it would be awesome.

Comment

My New Custom firmware v2.2: ATV / AOSP
        Everything works, including the LED display.

Please support If you like my work: link
        Last edited by XVortex; 05-07-2020, 17:50. Reason: New version

Comment

Originally posted by XVortex View Post
          My New Custom firmware v2.1: ATV / AOSP
          Everything works, including the LED display.

Please support If you like my work: link
          Wow, thanks I might give it a try....nice that you got the front display working also. GOOD WORK

Comment

I noticed an app called "TV Store" not sure where it came from but I think they added it with this new patch.
            Playstore seems to be the same broken garbage that it has had since the beginning.
            The android security levels are still low, DRM Info still has not changed.

If only the manufacturer/owners had a website we could contact and tell them about the things they need to fix.

XVortex does your version come with a fully working playstore? (Finds Disney + and everything...)
            Last edited by greenstone; 04-27-2020, 03:51.

Comment

peybolman Can you take a screenshot of your current UI and post it - I would like to see if they added new apps, my system is modded so I can't see original UI.

raruba You are using the new patch as well can you tell me if you see any new apps or anything they fixed specifically? I can't see any security fixes and my playstore reverted to an older one and is still broken.
              Last edited by greenstone; 04-27-2020, 03:45.

Comment

Apparently they added a NAV bar. So we don't have to use an external one anymore however they have not added a drop down notification window as far as I can see and my build.prop settings reverted when I updated so I lost notifications. Will have to revert to my modified build.prop.

Looking at the build.prop it looks like they added some lines for a status bar and nav bar - since I can't see a status bar I am wondering if they also changed the UI, I may have to disable my square home to see what is really going on.

persist.sys.display.statusbarbutton=false
                persist.sys.hideNavigationBar=1
                persist.sys.hideStatusBar=1
                Last edited by greenstone; 04-27-2020, 05:36.

Comment

Here is the new official build.properties from vendor directory.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by greenstone View Post
                    peybolman
                    I can't see any security fixes....
                    You won't see SECURITY fixes from Generic TVbox manufacturers, they do Not spend anytime investing in true Software updates. These Vendors use the basic AOSP coded SDK that Amlogic releases to vendors, then add patches to make certain features work unique to there device, so when you receive an actual OTA it only includes a small amount of patches to the original SDK to turn ON/OFF a feature or kernel module they forgot to implement in the ROMs original release; and even though Google has in-detail explained how to add Security Updates to any ROMs source code, no generic TVbox manufacturer actually takes the time to update Android with Security Patches that are released Monthly by Google for any vendor of an AOSP device to implement on their own. In summary, if you buy devices that don't OPEN SOURCE their Android SDK then you will never have up-to-date Security Patches.

Comment

Ok new build actually has a working status bar after you modify the build.prop line that says: ro.config.low_ram=true to ro.config.low_ram=false, you can access the new status bar in the settings area. It has a ton of settings that it can show, I will upload a screenshot soon.

Comment

RiCkLaR_atvX Thank you for the explanation, I thought it would be part and parcel of putting out a product but I guess not.

In any case here are the photos I promised about the changes the made with the newest patch. Click image for larger version

Name:	statusbarsettings.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	803775Click image for larger version

Name:	myuiwithstatusbar.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	803776

From what I can see the play store still is not working properly although more games are accessible certain apps such as Disney+ are still not found.

Comment

Also there are several mistakes in the build.prop that you posted greenstone I peronally would comment out or modify, here is one I think is suspect:

Code:
                          persist.sys.play.auto_update=false
                          That is either causing the Play Store to not Auto Update or is forcing the settings trigger not to allow Auto-Updates of Apps; either way this is the first time I have seen it used.

Comment

RiCkLaR_atvX That build.prop is the one they just updated and installed with the current patch.
                            I will comment out that line, let me know if there are any other mistakes you see in their file.

Comment

Originally posted by greenstone View Post
                              RiCkLaR_atvX That build.prop is the one they just updated and installed with the current patch.
                              I will comment out that line, let me know if there are any other mistakes you see in their file.
                              Greenstone have you tried Xvortex new 2.2 yet? If so how is it running?
                              Last edited by raruba; 05-10-2020, 13:03.

Comment

SLIMBOX X3 X88 King
                                ATV and AOSP
                                Android 9

Download: Google Drive
                                Source: 4PDA
                                Telegram: channel

Comment

Working...
                                X