No announcement yet.

Spotted in the wild: x88 King x922

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By the way, I went from original rom to slimbox 4.3 flashing it with Burn Card Maker.
    I made a microsd card with the slimbox 4.3 img file using the Burn Card Maker. I inserted the microsd card in the box slot, took out power cable, pressed the reset button, plugged the power cable back keeping the reset button pressed for ten seconds and then released the reset button...rom flashed right away.

Comment

Slimbox 5.1 is compatible with X88 King

Comment

Originally posted by peybolman View Post

I had the same issue. I had slimbox4.3 and updated to slimbox 5.1 from the TWRP that came with slimbox version 4.3. After update and cleaning cache and dalvik, system was restarting to TWRP every time.
        to solve the issue I downloaded TWRP 3.3.1 and installed it. After install system rebooted to the rom...no more going to TWRP.
        BTW, version 5.1 runs very good....no issues at all.

I understand you have installed :

1. slimbox 4.3 via UBT ( do we clean anything after installing this version or do we go straight to ver 5.1)
        2. then you installed slimbox ver 5.1 via ver. 3.3.1 TWRP
        3. cache and dalvik cleaning without data

and that's all ?

PS where can I download the appropriate ver TWRP 3.3.1 for x88 King
        Last edited by artpaw; 07-06-2020, 19:03.

Comment

Originally posted by artpaw View Post

I understand you have installed :

1. slimbox 4.3 via UBT ( do we clean anything after installing this version or do we go straight to ver 5.1)
          2. then you installed slimbox ver 5.1 via ver. 3.3.1 TWRP
          3. cache and dalvik cleaning without data

and that's all ?

PS where can I download the appropriate ver TWRP 3.3.1 for x88 King
          Where is the link for 5.1 for the X88 King??? Is it the v5.1 for the amlogic X3 boxes???

Comment

is based on what Peybolman wrote

Comment

To install slimbox 4.3 I did it with Burn Card Maker so not using UBT but if you flash it with UBT that is ok too.
              slimbox 4.3 already has a TWRP and I used that one to install the slimbox 5.1 rom. (I did not clean anything after installing 4.3 and before installing 5.1) Of course after flashing 5.1 you need to reset cache and dalvik. The issue I had is that after flashing the rom it was restarting to TWRP again and again. To solve this I installed TWRP 3.3.1 and then everything was ok...after restart it loads the system correctly. So it is better to install TWRP 3.3.1 before flashing slimbox 5.1.

Its always a good idea to make a backup in TWRP before flashing other rom so in case anything goes wrong you don't finish with a plastic box ....so make a backup

TWRP 3.3.1 for x88 King... download S922X (Amlogic w400 reference board) zip

XDA LINK

https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...905x3-t3974865

DIRECT LINK
              Download GApps, Roms, Kernels, Themes, Firmware, and more. Free file hosting for all Android developers.

Slimbox 5.1
              https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?show...#entry96525499
              Last edited by peybolman; 07-07-2020, 09:00.

Comment

To install slimbox 4.3 I did it with Burn Card Maker so not using UBT but if you flash it with UBT that is ok too.
                slimbox 4.3 already has a TWRP and I used that one to install the slimbox 5.1 rom. (I did not clean anything after installing 4.3 and before installing 5.1) Of course after flashing 5.1 you need to reset cache and dalvik. The issue I had is that after flashing the rom it was restarting to TWRP again and again. To solve this I installed TWRP 3.3.1 and then everything was ok...after restart it loads the system correctly. So it is better to install TWRP 3.3.1 before flashing slimbox 5.1.

Its always a good idea to make a backup in TWRP before flashing other rom so in case anything goes wrong you don't finish with a plastic box ....so make a backup

XDA LINK

DIRECT LINK
                Download GApps, Roms, Kernels, Themes, Firmware, and more. Free file hosting for all Android developers.

Slimbox 5.1
                I installed v5.1 on my X88 King, installed fine but a lot of my apps will not run so went back to 4.3.

Comment

Originally posted by raruba View Post

I installed v5.1 on my X88 King, installed fine but a lot of my apps will not run so went back to 4.3.
                  Which apps?
                  when you install 5.1, root is not active by default so you have to activate it in the slimbox options. Some apps may not work if root os not active

Comment

XDA LINK

DIRECT LINK

Slimbox 5.1

Front panel not working as intended "Always displaying Load" no watch anymore

Comment

Originally posted by noahv View Post

Front panel not working as intended "Always displaying Load" no watch anymore
                      Yeah your right, front panel doesn't work and like I said some of my apps do not work either and the v5.1 is the same way for the X3 boxes (x99 max+, N5 Max and the x96 Max+) some of the apps don't work.

Comment

Which apps?
                        when you install 5.1, root is not active by default so you have to activate it in the slimbox options. Some apps may not work if root os not active
                        TV Zion for one

Comment

Are you sure there is no "Vendor" file? Ive installed the Slimbox rom on about 5 different boxes with S905X3 and 1 with 905X2 (T95Q) disk unit.

Each time i had to install a second file called "vendor" and if i didnt some things didnt function properly, wifi, the remote, boot logo, bluetooth etc

Its like its a 2 part process, one file is the rom, then the second is like a patch that patches the box with the spacific things that make each box differnt like wifi chips, bluetooth, display, fancy LED stuff, the remote etc.

When i first started with it i started with a bad box that i had issues with and i found that you have to start with a working stock rom to begin with and im not 100% but it needs to be the same kernal like you cant start with 3.18 stock then up date it to 4.9 it will hang I think i went from 4.4 to 4.9

Like on the T95Q (round unit) i started with 8.1 and got it to the slimbox rom but i think it was because of the "vendor" file that patched it up some how i got that sh!t oreo rom off that box and got the slimrom to work on it THANK GOD!

Comment

Does anyone have a link to SLIMBOX v4.3 rom but in ZIP format so that could be flashed with TWRP?
                            ?????

Comment

Does anyone have a link to SLIMBOX v4.3 rom but in ZIP format so that could be flashed with TWRP?
                              ?????
                              Try to flash it with Burn Card Maker instead, maybe will work ???

Comment

Here is one link i saved im trying to find the link i found that had every version, i Downloaded most of the versions and tried em all

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...1dSHLpEgXD6EC8

Maybe that link has the rom versions on it just need to click back?

older versions

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...Azwpwcztk0GLri

I dont remember there being a 4.3

https://mega.nz/folder/Bbwh0aQJ#iNVS...older/4OgRGTJb
                                Last edited by BowerR64; 07-11-2020, 16:16.

Comment

Working...
                                X